Best Recent Content
- Don't be a dick.
- Specifically, personal attacks on fellow fans are absolutely forbidden. Violations of either of these first two rules is a guaranteed banning without appeal. Please help our mod team out by using the "flag" feature (there is a small link that says "Flag" in the top right hand of each comment box by the date/time stamp) if you see any abuse of our forum!
- Do be absolutely crystal clear, if you see rude, combative, or obnoxious behavior, do not respond in kind. This isn't Gotham City, you're not Batwoman, the mods will eventually get around to sorting things out. It makes things much more of a mess to have to clean up a flame war than it is to clean up a single person acting out. If you're posting angry, back up, step away from the keyboard, and cool off.
- No racial/ethnic/sexual slurs. That said, context is important. "SCIENCE BITCH!" is an acceptable comment in a Breaking Bad thread. "Joffery is a royal cunt" is acceptable in a Game of Thrones thread. In general if we have said it on a podcast, or your favorite character has said it, and you use it IN THAT CONTEXT, you'll be fine. Still, tread lightly, and always keep in mind rules 1 and 2.
- Keep spoilers out of thread titles. Note, we only consider spoilers to be stuff that has NOT been televised. That's rumors, speculation, script leaks, whatever. Your personal theories and speculation? Okay. The fact that OMG NED GOT HIS HEAD CUT OFF!!!! last night? Totally fine. "According to Hollywood Reporter, Rick dies next week!" Not cool.
- No posts to illegal content. This includes but is not limited to links to bays of pirates or live streams of licensed content, or your favorite recipe for cooking meth.
- No pornography / nudity.
- Got a blog/podcast/whatever? Self promotion is okay, so long as it's not obnoxious. Weekly or more frequently is definitely obnoxious, seasonally is definitely not. There is a grey area in between, but always keep in mind rule 1. Consider using your signature to promote your content, and make great contributions to discussions. People will notice!
- Signature guidelines: Don't make them annoying. No animated gifs, and keep any images 480 pixels wide by 80 pixels high or smaller.
- No public whining if you get moderated. No flouncing either. Message the mods privately if you have a beef. Remember, this isn't a democracy, IT'S A
- It doesn't matter if you personally don't feel what you're doing is a violation of these rules. If A.Ron, Jim, or any moderator tells you to knock it off, or to cool it, then knock it off and cool it. You're in our house. All kinds of houses have all kinds of rules, and all kinds of vibes. If you don't like our rules or our vibes, find a new house. Always remember rule number 1 -- to continue to behave in a manner that upsets the host when you're a guest is a huge dick move.
- No politics. Some of the shows we cover touch on sensitive topics and have a political bent, and it's fine to discuss those issues in a manner that is respectful to all members of the community. However, Bald Move is not a place to discuss politics in general. If you must discuss politics, please check out our Swizzbold companion site, and use its subreddit at reddit.com/r/swizzbold to discuss and debate.
- Don't be a dick.
i just want to say as a midwestern kid born in the early 80s like the guys I connect with them And their life experiences. I’d rather spend an hour with J&A than anyone in Hollywood. I love being a club member and helping the guys do what they love. I wish I could do the same and I hope they know that because they work so hard and so such an amazing job they get to have a job they love. You both deserve the job you have and I thank you for the culture and community you built. It’s an amazing accomplishment that the Bald Move community is probably the least toxic and least controversial group online. While we don’t always agree we have mutual respect and understanding.and 9 others.I love being apart of the club and I love everyone here. I’ve never met any of you but I feel like I know a lot of you and feel like you’re a friend of mine. Whether it’s running a fantasy sports league with @Chinaski , @cdrive @awookiee @Noel @MrX or playing D&D together online with @cretenbull @CapeGabe @Doctor_Nick @flukes @Alkaid13. Or playing board games online with @JaimieT. Or relating to being Australian with @Dee. Or talking with @Michelle @gguenot @pavlovsbell @JoshuaHeter @ken hale about the best TV shows.All of you feel like my friends and no offense to anyone I missed. I really tried to include everyone I’ve spent tome talking with over the past 4 years. I didn’t exclude anyone on purpose. You all are important to me and I love being a part of this community and family.
re: 2019 as an especially rough year... it's just a year that it felt like most of what we tried to do "extra" just failed. Like, there's a universe where D&D gave a shit and Game of Thrones had an excellent last year that united the fan base and boosted hype for the prequels and I sold a ton of copies of my books and Star Wars was universally beloved by all parties and the Mandalorian becomes a breakout hit for our coverage and we go on Harmontown and don't disgrace ourselves and get a bunch of new listeners completely outside our normal audience and a Watchmen series that tackles racism isn't seen as "shit" by half of that fanbase and all the hard work paid off and we're on cloud nine.A lot of things didn't break our way. This thread also has helped me realized that I guess we're more opaque about what's going on with Bald Move in the moment to moment stuff than if feels like. I thought more of the behind the scenes stuff would be obvious from the public comments we did make. I don't like bragging or bitching about stuff so it always feels to me like I'm talking 10x more about stuff as I should be and usually there are a few people who are pretty vocal with their "just shut up and cast" opinions, so it's easy to default to a share less that still feels like too much kind of model? I dunno, this far along and I'm still feeling like I have a lot to learn!
Man I just want to say with hopefully not starting any beef, and this also hopefully not to be perceived as dick sucking, but I really do appreciate the BM business model, perhaps too pure at times for it's own good, but the business model that isn't "point to something, anything(!), in the room and I'll fuck it!" There is enough of that everywhere in life.
Man, that sucks it didn’t work out. Thanks for being candid bc I find ya’ll navigating the business interesting. I was happy for ya’ll when you talked about the opportunity over lunch long ago and could tell you both were excited, so sorry it didn’t work out.While I didn’t partake in the R&M coverage, I personally find it hard to keep up with all your other coverage! His Dark, Watchmen, Legion, Stranger Things, Lunches, Reheated Lunches, the Fantasy Movie Spectacular, the Holiday special (which I’m still Working through) have me focusing on BM podcasts over all the others.
Also, I’m very happy with the new perspectives and additional coverage done by Cecily and Alexis. So a very happy customer here and getting a lot more than $5 a months worth. Very excited to see what BM 2020 has in store.
Noel said:Damn this is some Zapruder film-level break down by y’all! I love it.