BALD MOVE FORUM RULES
- Don't be a dick.
- Specifically, personal attacks on fellow fans are absolutely forbidden. Violations of either of these first two rules is a guaranteed banning without appeal. Please help our mod team out by using the "flag" feature (there is a small link that says "Flag" in the top right hand of each comment box by the date/time stamp) if you see any abuse of our forum!
- Do be absolutely crystal clear, if you see rude, combative, or obnoxious behavior, do not respond in kind. This isn't Gotham City, you're not Batwoman, the mods will eventually get around to sorting things out. It makes things much more of a mess to have to clean up a flame war than it is to clean up a single person acting out. If you're posting angry, back up, step away from the keyboard, and cool off.
- No racial/ethnic/sexual slurs. That said, context is important. "SCIENCE BITCH!" is an acceptable comment in a Breaking Bad thread. "Joffery is a royal cunt" is acceptable in a Game of Thrones thread. In general if we have said it on a podcast, or your favorite character has said it, and you use it IN THAT CONTEXT, you'll be fine. Still, tread lightly, and always keep in mind rules 1 and 2.
- Keep spoilers out of thread titles. Note, we only consider spoilers to be stuff that has NOT been televised. That's rumors, speculation, script leaks, whatever. Your personal theories and speculation? Okay. The fact that OMG NED GOT HIS HEAD CUT OFF!!!! last night? Totally fine. "According to Hollywood Reporter, Rick dies next week!" Not cool.
- No posts to illegal content. This includes but is not limited to links to bays of pirates or live streams of licensed content, or your favorite recipe for cooking meth.
- No pornography / nudity.
- Got a blog/podcast/whatever? Self promotion is okay, so long as it's not obnoxious. Weekly or more frequently is definitely obnoxious, seasonally is definitely not. There is a grey area in between, but always keep in mind rule 1. Consider using your signature to promote your content, and make great contributions to discussions. People will notice!
- Signature guidelines: Don't make them annoying. No animated gifs, and keep any images 480 pixels wide by 80 pixels high or smaller.
- No public whining if you get moderated. No flouncing either. Message the mods privately if you have a beef. Remember, this isn't a democracy, IT'S A
- It doesn't matter if you personally don't feel what you're doing is a violation of these rules. If A.Ron, Jim, or any moderator tells you to knock it off, or to cool it, then knock it off and cool it. You're in our house. All kinds of houses have all kinds of rules, and all kinds of vibes. If you don't like our rules or our vibes, find a new house. Always remember rule number 1 -- to continue to behave in a manner that upsets the host when you're a guest is a huge dick move.
- A few words on politics. Art and politics are inseparable, and since we traffic in the former we're sort of forced to traffic in the latter. We at Bald Move don't think there are reasonable arguments to be made against the following propositions, which is not an exhaustive list. Donald J. Trump is a racist, sexist, asshole. Climate change is real. Healthcare in America should be socialized like in every other first world country. Public education is good. #metoo is an entirely reasonable and long overdue cultural reaction. War is hell and should be avoided at all costs. Women should be able to make decisions about what goes on with their bodies without government interference. The war on drugs should end in favor of support and treatment for addicts. Racism isn't just saying the n-word, but also describes the ongoing and systematic oppression of minorities. Now, we are interested in right of center solutions to the aforementioned problems. For example, cap and trade to control climate change, or, you know
RomneycareObamacare to address public health. We can also appreciate conservative critiques of solutions to these problems, because that keeps us sharp. But we are bored to death with stubborn denial and "conservative 101" arguments against these propositions. If you don't understand these issues in the same way we do, our community is happy to field good faith questions about these topics, asked in the spirit of seeking understanding. Generally speaking, conservative arguments should be made in an effort to persuade and be understood, not to win in some smashmouth way. There are many places online that will validate your conservatism or allow you to bare knuckle brawl with your ideological counterparts, this forum is not one of those places. You are of course not required to personally believe any or all of these to post here, but this is Jim and I's house, and these guidelines are in place to keep political discussions productive and in line with other forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.