Pretty new listener and religion

Hey guys! I posted recently about how we're neighbors, and have continued listening to your casts. I really enjoy the discussions you have, though you do tend to pick the fuck out of knits with everything you watch. As professionals at watching/discussing shows/movies, I can appreciate the level of scrutiny you have, though.

That said, I don't watch every show you guys cast about and I've run out of content I know, so I've moved to the commissioned movie casts. I started Contact and The Matrix, and find your guys' take on religion really interesting. A Ron made several mentions about family betrayal and how it was a personal subject for him in some of the shows I've listened to. It wasn't until I delved full-on into your casts that I was made aware a good portion (if not all) of his family are Jehovah's Witnesses, and that A Ron is now an atheist. However, Jim apparently isn't one but isn't very religious himself? That's the take I got on the Contact discussion, anyway.

I just started your episode on The Matrix, but you both made points that your friends/family at the time weren't into rated R movies, and that seeing The Matrix was a big to-do for them. As a long-time atheist (for 15 years at the age of 33) I have little to no experience with groups of religious people, so I found that very puzzling.

Anyway, there's not too much of a point to this post. Thanks for putting out the content you do, very entertaining stuff!

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a one place round up where we talk about everything, because at first we didn't really talk about our selves as personalities very much at all, and when it came up organically we put a bit out there, it must be confusing to catch up on.

There is a big collection of Q&A podcasts and articles at baldmove.com/about that will probably answer a lot of your questions if you're interested.
  • Sounds like you might be swapping our names and voices.  I'm definitely an atheist.
    tom_g
  • edited December 2015
    The title of the post confused me. How would you know if a new listener is pretty, I thought, and what does that have to do with religion?

Definitely check out the q&a's for the discussion of this that you're looking for. The q&a that came out of the Breaking Bad Kickstarter covers it in detail I think.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    i am guessing they were using "pretty" as an adverb, not an adjective, like -- "this coffee is pretty good"

FlashGordon
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Jim said:

Sounds like you might be swapping our names and voices.  I'm definitely an atheist.

Hey now, I'm an atheist too!  I think he was saying he didn't think you were one (a JW)...  And as it turns out, you weren't.  Wolf in sheeps clothes if I ever saw one.  Probably why you were so hot on that Enid theory.
    tom_gDeeDaveyMac
  • I click 'like' on loud and proud atheist posts.
    ryanfosterKela15
  • NikkiP said:

The title of the post confused me. How would you know if a new listener is pretty, I thought, and what does that have to do with religion?

Lol, I was confused, too. Kinda hoping for a picture when I opened the thread. :-)

NikkiPryanfoster
  • We need a thread where all the pretty new listeners post pics, @Zinzan.
    Zinzanryanfoster
This discussion has been closed.