Going Back to the Future of 10/21/2015

kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.

When I opened my Facebook app this morning there were a number of postings from different groups that I like about Back To The Future. Today if you don't know is the day that the time machine was set to go in to in the future in the second movie. It is also the 30th anniversary year of the release of Back To The Future. Tonight in my old home town there is a event set up at the Puente Hills Mall. The Mall was used for the Twin Pines Mall scene in the first movie. When I was in High School I went out to the location, which was about a block from my house. I didn't see to much because the shoot was scheduled for late at night. I think I saw either Spielberg(producer) or the Director(they both looked kind of the same at the time) I saw the car and all the trailers and film stuff. A couple of weeks ago I was in town running some errands and I went by the ole mall and they had set it up to look like the Twin Pines Mall. They changed the signs and set out a truck that was used for the movie. Anyway when the movie came out it was a big deal at school and around town.

I'm thinking about going down there tonight to see what there going to do, but I probably won't. I never thought it would be such a big deal. I liked the movie, I never saw the sequels all the way through. It seems to be big to some I have seen a number of news stories on the predictions of the future that the second movie made. So if you loved the movie or hated it I'm always looking for feedback.

Reni

Comments

• Back To The Future II does not hold up at all IMO. I like Part III a lot more but that seems to be a very unpopular opinion as most seem to hate it. Anyway my favorite part about Part II is seeing the then-modern technology in the shop window as 'vintage' which it totally is now. 

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    That is really cool! You should definitely go out there and report back! But yeah BttF2 doesn't hold up very well. I also like the third its great to see all the running gags and scenarios replay themselves except in the western setting.
  • tristantristan Liverpool
    I remember being obsessed by the idea of a hover board as a kid, and still am. I liked all three films but it's not something I've really gone back to watch like say Star Wars. I do like the theory that Marty dies at points in the second film only to be saved by doc's off screen time travel.

You should definatly pop down and see what's happening though.
    tristan said:

I do like the theory that Marty dies at points in the second film only to be saved by doc's off screen time travel.

Wait--what theory is this? I haven't heard it before.
  • tristantristan Liverpool
    I'm not sure where I heard it but I think theres something on Reddit about it. But basically the theory is Marty dies at the end and biff runs him over at the end of the tunnel. However doc jumps to that point to save him. It doesn't really add much to be honest I just like it.
    Jovial_Falcon
    Yeah, I just read up on it. Essentially there would be no way for Doc to know that Marty needed help in the tunnel, as he has gone off to do something or other (I can't recall). And for the flag rope to be dropped at exactly the right moment when and where Marty needs it would require some foreknowledge. I can get behind that theory.
    brewsevelt