Ted Danson

BransformerBransformer North Carolina
Has anyone seen the show Bored to Death that was on HBO? It had Jason Schwartzman, Zach Galifinakis, and Ted Danson. Jason pretended to be a detective and Ted Danson played his pot smoking ex boss. He was great in that and it was very un-Becker like.
Underwood

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I wasn't super impressed by Bored to Death. But he was really fun in the few episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm he was in.
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Yes! Really enjoyed that show. It's was made me become a Ted Danson fan. As @Garthgou81 just said, he was good in Curb too.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.

Don't forget he was phoning it in on CSI, oh no casting shaming, I'm a monster. 

steph_b
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Ted Danson was the only thing I liked about Bored to Death.

"What's a Subaru?"
  • I must admit I never could get into Bored to Death as I am not a fan of Jason Swartzman. I thought Ted Danson was great though in Curb. I never really doubted his talents for drama when I heard that he had been cast "Fargo." He's always seemed like a very smart, versatile actor to me. In many ways I think it's much easier to transition from comedy to drama than it is to go from drama to comedy.
    edited October 2015
    I thought I liked Bored to Death, and considered myself a fan. Until one night I got really high (barely ever smoke) at a friend's house and turned on a new episode. Watched it for about 5 minutes before thinking "Good lord, this show is pretentious as fuck. What did I ever see in it?" Never watched another episode.

Still love this scene though:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3Tr35K6y8

• BransformerBransformer North Carolina
    I forgot about curb. He was amazing in that!
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    edited October 2015
    Bored To Death & How To Make It In America were two HBO shows that I dearly miss (and were canceled at the same time)

Both were very interesting looks @ NYC and actually shot there.
    edited October 2015
    My favorite HBO show set in NYC will always be The Life and Times of Tim. Damn shame they cancelled that one too.

Fun fact: both LaToT and HTMIIA have scenes where the protagonists are selling bootleg designer goods on the street.
    ksa1001
  • I don't know if Damages holds up, but Ted Danson played the villain in season 1. That was the only time I'd seen him do something dramatic before Fargo.

Also, one more vote for "Bored to Death is a good show"
    ksa1001
  • I only saw 3 episodes of Bored to Death, but I enjoyed what I saw. Apparently not enough to get back to it, but I do remember liking it. Too much good tv.
  • edatlin said:

I don't know if Damages holds up, but Ted Danson played the villain in season 1. That was the only time I'd seen him do something dramatic before Fargo.

Also, one more vote for "Bored to Death is a good show"
    From what I remember, he comes back later in the series too. He really nails it as an arrogant but sometimes charming millionaire who's a dick, but maybe not as irredeemable as some of the other villains.

And I think Damages does hold up. Maybe not in the top tier of golden-age TV, but definitely a step above ordinary legal procedurals.
    Teddy D played a hell of a mobster in Homegrown.