S5 - Addiction List

HeffHeff Connecticut
edited October 2015 in American Horror Story
Let this post stand as our "Officially Unofficial" running tally of known character addictions.
I will work on this list over time and update it as new characters and addictions are displayed on the show, and I think it might be fun to speculate what these addictions might mean, represent, or cause in the future! Please feel free to any I have missed, or just haven't listed yet.
  • Detective John Lowe - alcohol (possible) and the hunt for the Ten Commandments Killer (I still believe that he will turn out to BE the killer.
  • Dr. Alex Lowe - lavender, Holden, blood after being turned.
  • 'Hypodermic' Sally - heroin (while alive), suffering/addiction itself as a ghost
  • Donovan (shitty Fonzie) - heroin (former), blood, Elizabeth, revenge?
  • Elizabeth (The Glampire Countess) -  heartbreak, children/her legacy, power over others (her insistence on being the only "creator," mind manipulation), taking and discarding lovers
  • Ramona Royale (Foxy Cleopatra) - vengeance against Elizabeth.
  • Will Drake - Dudes... but also ladies, fashion.
  • Iris - Donovan, blood after turning?
  • James Patrick March - murder murder murder, his standing as "The Master" of the Cortez hotel, and over serial killers.
  • Tristan Duffy - cocaine, theft, money, killing, Elizabeth?
  • Miss Evers - blood/laundry, being an accomplice to JPM's spree.
NikkiPElisa

Comments

• Tristan seems pretty obsessed with youth/staying young and beautiful.
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    Do you mean because of the healed gash on his face, and his comment about not looking like he belongs on "faces of meth" anymore? I thought that was all just commentary on the Glampire Effect, not specifically related to an obsession. Care to elaborate on your take?
  • edited October 2015
    I think pretty much all models are obsessed with being young and beautiful though, no? That's pretty standard in my opinion. Him saying how he's got no zits or blackheads and he looks like he's 24 again. I think this got reinforced when he talked with Will about how young ones are always hilarious and as they get older they wonder why nobody's laughing at their jokes.
    Maybe not an outright obsession, but it's probably quite important to him.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Donovan is NOT a shitty Fonzie :P
  • I would like to propose adding to Elizabeth's list : New things, or new lovers. We've seen twice so far how she gets bored with people rather easily - Donovan and Foxy:) I wonder how long it will be before Tristan bores her, too, and she takes a new lover?
    Elisa
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Tonya said:

I would like to propose adding to Elizabeth's list : New things, or new lovers. We've seen twice so far how she gets bored with people rather easily - Donovan and Foxy:) I wonder how long it will be before Tristan bores her, too, and she takes a new lover?

Seems like she spent 20 years each with Donovan and Foxy-that's hardly getting bored easily.
    Reni
  • Frakkin T said:

Tonya said:

I would like to propose adding to Elizabeth's list : New things, or new lovers. We've seen twice so far how she gets bored with people rather easily - Donovan and Foxy:) I wonder how long it will be before Tristan bores her, too, and she takes a new lover?

Seems like she spent 20 years each with Donovan and Foxy-that's hardly getting bored easily.
    I totally agree. 20 years is a long time even by vampire standards - she was born in 1904 so 20 years is about a fifth of her lifetime. Doesn't sound like being obsessed with new things.