Bald Move Dictionary

NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
The other week on the AHS podcast, A.Ron pointed out that, because Bald Move has been around for a while, there are a lot BM jargon and catchphrases. I was thinking we could get a list or dictionary together, or just put down our favourites here. For example:

"mildly interesting" - a response made to hide whether your friend's theory on a show's plotline is correct or not when you have prior knowledge on it, making you not reveal any spoilers. USE WITH CAUTION, as it may cause you to sound obnoxious!
For reference, listen to Game Of Thrones Podcast.

"bottle episode" - where an episode takes place in only one place, using minimal effects and relying mainly on the talent of the actors present. 
For reference, listen to Breaking Good Podcast.

A "Russell Edgington" - refers to any character played by Denis O'Hare. The origin is from the charismatic vampire from True Blood, and derivations stem from this
For reference, listen to AHS and True Blood Authority Podcasts.

"Kirkman REMIX" - where The Walking Dead chooses to take great events and concepts from its comic counterpart and distribute them to different characters, often with a boxed execution.
For reference, listen to The Watching Dead Podcast

"Bullshit!" - pronounced "BALL-SHE-IT" - a former catchphrase of the crazy redneck Daryl in seasons 1-2 of The Walking Dead. Usually used to express anger at the show by the hosts.
For reference, listen to The Watching Dead Podcast

That's just a few, more would be great!
duncanpowerskingbee67TravisMichelleNikkiPsteph_bksa1001Grahamunread

Comments

• Cold Rolled Steel (or it's flexible use of Cold Rolled ''Noun'): From The Walking Dead. The building materials used in Alexandria by Reg. Used to describe the indestructible nature of a thing.

Travisunreadken hale
  • To piggy back on Daryl's "BALL-SHE-IT" I would put forth the "BOWL-SHIT" pronunciation. When something's bullshit factor reaches a height where a little extra emphasis is necessary to properly express it.

I'm having trouble wording his entry properly for "dictionary speak" but I think "Tom in a Volkswagon" belongs in there somewhere.

A_Ron_HubbardNikkiPNathanduncanpowers
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    Dry Pie - Not one which gets used too often lately, but is used to refer to an email or other piece of feedback which references something which was extensively discussed on the podcast itself - a non-derogatory "we've been over this" acknowledgement of the listener's feedback without excess time spent on a topic.

For reference, listen to any episodes of the Game Of Thrones cast starting with episode 402 "The Lion And The Rose
    NikkiPksa1001StellaNathanunread
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I tend to spell it bowl-shit as well. Would it be cheating if I added a few?

Bacon gauntlet - when a writer goes beyond ham fisted to make thematic point.

X pit - where the X is a bachelor living in deplorable conditions. Started off referring to Pete Campbell, but I'm pretty sure Don and Roger ended up in some pits as well.

Fiesta - when the community gets so excited by the prospect of a characters death they start planning a party around it. Lori from TWD's death was the original Fiesta cast, others have been suggested.
    TravisNikkiPAntManBeeksa1001duncanpowersken hale
  • MichelleMichelle California

Cold Rolled Steel (or it's flexible use of Cold Rolled ''Noun'): From The Walking Dead. The building materials used in Alexandria by Reg. Used to describe the indestructible nature of a thing.

Ah, there is also cold-rolled bowl-shit:  As in, "cold-rolled steel, more like cold-rolled bowl-shit" or "Morgan giving that Wolf a gun when he let them go is some hardcore cold-rolled bowl-shit".  For reference, refer to any jacked up thing in Alexandria.  :)  
    brewseveltTravisunread
  • You've got "fishnado" and variations on the BB plane collision (I don't what the official dictionary term would be). I'll leave it to others to provide the definitions as I'm sure other peole can come up with better, smarter word play than me.

I'd also include some "tinfoil" terms. One of my favorites being "Valyrian Foil" to talk about the highest of quality tinfoil theories for Game of Thrones.
    A_Ron_HubbardReniksa1001Travisduncanpowers
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Ha, just this morning I realised I have started taking up @A_Ron_Hubbard 's habit of referring to actors by previous character names. I was talking to someone about the latest episode of Fargo and kept referring to "Todd" and "Ron Swanson".
    Travis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Also: "Never talk to the cops."
    Travis
  • @Dee, found in dictionary under "Bald Move Rule #1"
    steph_bA_Ron_HubbardDeeTravis
  • I'm particularly fond of the various nicknames for Jesse Plemmons in Breaking Bad & Fargo. Meth Damon, Meat Damon, Fat Damon.
    TravisduncanpowersStella
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I don't know if we have a word for this, but we should:

That moment when @A_Ron_Hubbard goes off on a weird tangent and @Jim clearly wants to move on
    TravisduncanpowersStellamike_k
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    A failed Jimtervention?
    steph_bReniFreddyksa1001tom_gNathanTravisduncanpowershypergenesbMurderbearand 4 others.
  • Travis said:

To piggy back on Daryl's "BALL-SHE-IT" I would put forth the "BOWL-SHIT" pronunciation. When something's bullshit factor reaches a height where a little extra emphasis is necessary to properly express it.

I'm having trouble wording his entry properly for "dictionary speak" but I think "Tom in a Volkswagon" belongs in there somewhere.

Hey - that's me.

I'll add 'The Villigan' and 'The Villigang'
    A_Ron_HubbardTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited November 2015
    @Jim's long pause then, "Hmm... maybe", when he clearly disagrees with some whacky fan theory but doesn't want to say so outright.
    steph_bTravisNikkiPMichellehypergenesbfullroundactionStellaadobo1148Dani_Armindoken hale
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    And then a "Sure, I could buy that," when Jim is ready to move on to the next thing.
    steph_bTravisDeeMichelleNikkiPhypergenesbadobo1148
  • Morgalizing: Rationalizing your passive behavior despite looming threats that jeopardize the well being of your community. See: Jones, Morgan (TWD)
    AntManBeeA_Ron_Hubbardksa1001steph_bTravisMichelleTaraC73duncanpowersnikkimarie918unread
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas

And then a "Sure, I could buy that," when Jim is ready to move on to the next thing.

Jim's polite dismissals of further discussion are golden. Really an art form at this point.
    ksa1001TravisNikkiPMichelleduncanpowersMelonuskDani_Armindo
  • Dee said:

Ha, just this morning I realised I have started taking up @A_Ron_Hubbard 's habit of referring to actors by previous character names. I was talking to someone about the latest episode of Fargo and kept referring to "Todd" and "Ron Swanson".

You know what's so funny? I rely on that! When @A_Ron_Hubbard stopped taking the lead on AHS podcast I had no idea who tha f anyone was. Who's this Elizabeth? Donovan, etc. I need GaGa, Russel Edgerton and whatever other character names we already know these people by.
    TravisDeeDani_Armindo
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    edited November 2015
    Judeo-Christian- popularized as a way to describe the common beliefs between Christianity & Judaism. A.Ron will often describe any situation that has anything to do with Christianity as "Judeo-Christian"

Use in a Sentence: "Well I don't know, I guess when you think of this in a sort of Judeo-Christian mindset...."

I've noticed that Aron says this A LOT.

• @broomperson I don't get it? That's what Judeo-Christian actually means. Why is that specific to Bald Move?
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @ksa1001 I was listening to an AHS cast a couple of weeks ago and Cecily mentioned Elizabeth, and I'm like "What? Who's Elizabeth? Did she make a mistake there?"
    TaraC73
  • tom_g said:

Travis said:

To piggy back on Daryl's "BALL-SHE-IT" I would put forth the "BOWL-SHIT" pronunciation. When something's bullshit factor reaches a height where a little extra emphasis is necessary to properly express it.

Hey - that's me.

I'll add 'The Villigan' and 'The Villigang'
    Hell yeah, Tom. I remember the first time I saw tom_g, WV on this board I said to myself "I bet that's Tom in a Volkswagon." Ha! Probably my favorite e-mailer/caller handle across the radio or podcasts that I listen to. It just sticks really nicely. Nice bit of dyslexic serendipity.
    Stephsstacks
  • CoryCory New Scotland

Cold Rolled Steel (or it's flexible use of Cold Rolled ''Noun'): From The Walking Dead. The building materials used in Alexandria by Reg. Used to describe the indestructible nature of a thing.

Didn't the "Cold Rolled Steel" start with season 4 of Game of Thrones at the wall.  Janos Slyant or what's his name said the gates were made of Cold Rolled Steel so the Wildings couldn't get though, but Jon said they couldn't stop giants!  Probably wasn't used in the same context as the definition, though.
    hypergenesbelgat0Stella
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    Travis said:

Nice bit of dyslexic serendipity.

I'd honestly just like to hear A.Ron attempt to say this during a podcast!
    CoryTravisStella
  • DaveyMac said:

One of my favorites being "Valyrian Foil" to talk about the highest of quality tinfoil theories for Game of Thrones.

Indeed, his first usage of "Valyrian Foil" almost killed me from laughing.
    DaveyMacken hale
  • We could add "Having an elaborate series of heart attacks" in there.
    Frakkin TKimmmy
  • GRRM three step reveal
    steph_bNikkiP
  • What the heck is fishnado? I missed the origin of that one. Is it from Sharknado?
    Travis
  • ClaretoClareto New Zealand
    steph_b said:

What the heck is fishnado? I missed the origin of that one. Is it from Sharknado?

I believe it's from Fargo Season 1 when the Supermarket King's son is driving and it suddenly starts raining fish (apparently it's possible)..
    Travissteph_bTaraC73
  • edited November 2015
    *Is it?* said with elongation of the i vowels = I need to see reciepts to verify your statement. Please provide proof.

Origin: Cecily on the True Blood podcast, now spread throughout the Bald Move empire via A. Ron.
    Travis