Life is Strange

I know this was a commissioned podcast, so let me start of by saying that i think the boys did a great job and it was definitely worth the commission. But i dont think this was a great game for the format of the podcast. I dont know if the game was too slow, or too linear but it just didnt come across as fun as the other gameplay podcasts. I blame it more on the game than the podcasters, you guys were still really funny.

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hey, I had fun playing it, and I'm certainly glad you enjoyed the end result. I think the missing element is we didn't have a clear objective entering the game, like, we're going to be ruthlessly cruel to a little girl, or we're going to try to lie to everyone in King's Landing, or, we're always going to try to kill this particular character every chance we get.  Mostly because we were unfamiliar with the gameworld, so we reverted to mostly probably typical game play.

The dialog was hella hilarious as advertised.  
  • I think you guys playing games is a great content.

Now that you're familiar with the gameworld, you could actually play Bad Guy Max. :)
  • I've hella known people that talk like that.

Great game. I love it.
  • Can't wait to watch this. I really do love the gaming videos. Seems like you guys have fun with them. I did not know these could be commissioned. How open are you guys to gaming commissions? I know telltale is planning to release a michonne based game soon and I would love to see that.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    These choose-your-own-adventure games are a good fit for your podcasting style.
  • ClaretoClareto New Zealand

Hey, I had fun playing it, and I'm certainly glad you enjoyed the end result. I think the missing element is we didn't have a clear objective entering the game, like, we're going to be ruthlessly cruel to a little girl, or we're going to try to lie to everyone in King's Landing, or, we're always going to try to kill this particular character every chance we get.  Mostly because we were unfamiliar with the gameworld, so we reverted to mostly probably typical game play.

The dialog was hella hilarious as advertised.  
    Any idea if you're gonna play the other episodes?
    Nothing planned or something that I'd want to commit to, but I am curious to see where it goes.
    Clareto
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    Would Episodes 2-5 need to be commissioned separately? Their commentary on the first episode was hilarious and it would be cool to see it through to the end.
  • Just updating the thread for people interested - episode 2 from J&A is out!

JaredMghm3
  • Nice.  The schedule said it wasn't until Thursday morning.
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    werd. Sweet! i'm already laughing 2 mins in.
    Is there a good place that I can squanch around here?
    Heh, it's not published, but it is publically available through youtube.  It's not premium or anything, so enjoy the early access!
  • Ha, sorry I didn't see the schedule.
  • Is this a commission or just something fun they decided to do?
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    I believe they decided to do it for fun
    Is there a good place that I can squanch around here?
  • JaredMJaredM Langley, BC
    Decided to get premium after seeing that link and laughing my butt off a few minutes in. Good stuff as usual fellas. Can't wait to see you guys hopefully get up to Ep 4 where i just finished myself.
  • Chillin' like that time you find out your very own commission been picked up for another play.  So dank.
  • ClaretoClareto New Zealand
    How often do you plan do release these? They are hella enjoyable.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Hella loving these. That's not making fun of their jargon - I still use it! It must be a West Coast thing.
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
    @Clareto, I don't have a clear release schedule.  We recorded some of this and the Quit Your Pitchin's and Silent Movies during the off season to fill in what would otherwise be holes in our schedule.  I'd say plan on a once a month release and you might be pleasantly surprised, any more frequent and you may be disappointed.  

We also have a shit load of Kerbal Space Program stuff that we'll also be dribbling out, if that sounds like a good time.
    Clareto
  • I've been hooked on the GiantBomb BEAST stuff with Kerbal.  That's been some hilarious stuff.

I'm really looking forward to the BM treatment.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I started playing it this weekend, it will be interesting to go back and rewatch it with your commentary.  

You guys have been killing it with the content lately, I am a pretty voracious podcast consumer (as I spend pretty much 8 hours in total silence at my desk) and even I have been having trouble keeping up.  

My only complaint about the game so far is it is a little too much of a thinly veiled ultra-liberal response to the "male dominated video game market".  I don't care that the protagonist is a female teenager, I actually am digging the different perspective.  But then they had the anit-vax throw away line in the bathroom and that made my eyes roll into the back of my skull.  
  • I Iove watching you guys do playthroughs. The second episode was fun to watch and this is actually turning out to be a interesting game. Games of this style are very easy to watch.
    @Tiffany & @Luke trust me...grind it out, I haven't made it to the finale yet but the "Dark Room" episode really ties a lot together and makes you want to keep going. I was rolling my eyes right there with you guys at certain moments as well but thankfully it pays off at least somewhat in the penultimate episode of this game?
    apologies for bolding..I am a true Bald Move member...giving advice whilst not sober.
  • Wowser, this is hella interesting:

Amount of hella said by Chloe
    Episode 1: 5
    Episode 2: 3
    Episode 3: 1 (2 if counting Chloe repeating Max saying hella)
    Episode 4: 0 (1 if counting Alt!Chloe repeating Max saying hella)
    Episode 5: 3 (2 of which are said in Max’s nightmare, which isn’t the realChloe)

Hella’s said  by Chloe: 11
    Hella’s said by Alt!Chloe: 1
    Hella’s said by Nightmare!Chloe: 2

Total Hellas: 14

Amount of wowser said by Max
    Episode 1: 8
    Episode 2: 3
    Episode 3: 5 (2 spoken out loud)
    Episode 4: 3
    Episode 5: 3

Total Wowser’s thought: 20
    Total Wowser’s spoken: 2
    Total Wowsers: 22

Amount of hella said by Max
    Episode 1: 0
    Episode 2: 0
    Episode 3: 1 (2 if counting journal entry)
    Episode 4: 1 (2 if counting journal entry)
    Episode 5: 1 (2 if counting journal entry)

Total Hella’s written:3
    Total Hella’s spoken: 3
    Total Hellas: 6

Melonusk

• JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    edited February 2016
    @ghm3 Some of that post might be spoilery.  Seems like it anyway, having only seen the first 2 episodes.
    [spoiler]Does BM have spoiler tags?[/spoiler>]

https://vanillaforums.org/addon/spoilers-plugin
    For some reason the spoiler system doesn't work with some of the customization we made to the system.  You can all ways use the WYSIWYG editor to make the text white, like this: This is a spoiler.  People highlight to read.  I should put that in the FAQ/rules.
  • Are you guys planning to do a full season run of Life is Strange?
    Yep!
    JohnnyCharisma