Film Theorists - Walter Survives Felina?

edited November 2015 in Breaking Good

Basically, the puncture wound was likely shrapnel and not an actual bullet, likely didn't result in much blood loss, and Walter probably received prompt medical care due to the ABQ Police Department arriving so soon.

Seems legit to me. Thoughts?

Comments

• Well I know there have been fake rumors abound for another seaon that have Walt waking up in a hospital bed surrounded by the DEA. I know it's all fake, but the scenario seems plausible.

Still, I like the poetic nature of the ending as is, so I prefer to think he didn't survive.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Thats not really how the Villigan tends to do things. Why would he have Walt tie up all loose ends only to have the show leave a huge loose end. I'm all for people having their own takes of course, but sometimes a rose is just a rose.
    steph_bUnderwood
  • I can't get on board because the writing and editing, as well as the universe of the show, say that it's all over. The show's morality says Walt had to die and I feel like Glenning it isn't very Breaking Bad.

That said, I love that people are still theorizing about my favorite show. Thanks for this post!
    hitmyDaveyMac
  • JamesJames southern California
    One final kiss...

...and Felina, goodbye.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline

Thats not really how the Villigan tends to do things....

Speaking of Villigan, I've heard him numerous times on the insider cast talking about how much of it is your own interpretation. He seems to think that the way he sees it is not necessarily canon, but just his own point of view. The only time he came out and said something was definitely for sure was at the end of season 3, when he admitted the shot didn't go off perfectly and left a shadow of a doubt in the viewer's mind as to whether [spoiler} actually happened. 

I can hear Vince Gilligan reacting to this video in my head: "Well you know I think it's wonderful that folks can have a different impression even though I wouldn't think of it that way" The Villigan totally blesses this theory in my head canon, and if he does, who am I to say he's wrong?
    DaveyMacTaraC73
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Bye, Felina!
    hypergenesbNikkiP
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited November 2015
    Frakkin T said:

Thats not really how the Villigan tends to do things....

Speaking of Villigan, I've heard him numerous times on the insider cast talking about how much of it is your own interpretation. He seems to think that the way he sees it is not necessarily canon, but just his own point of view. The only time he came out and said something was definitely for sure was at the end of season 3, when he admitted the shot didn't go off perfectly and left a shadow of a doubt in the viewer's mind as to whether [spoiler} actually happened. 

I can hear Vince Gilligan reacting to this video in my head: "Well you know I think it's wonderful that folks can have a different impression even though I wouldn't think of it that way" The Villigan totally blesses this theory in my head canon, and if he does, who am I to say he's wrong?
    As I was writing that post I was thinking the same. Vince has always just seemed like too much of a nice guy to shoot down anyone's theory even if he thought it was ridiculous. (Not saying anyone's theory is ridiculous. I don't agree with the theory presented here. But I am really impressed with the thought, time, and research it must have taken to conceive).
    Frakkin T
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited November 2015
    @Frakkin T mentioned to me there are fan theories out there that Walt froze to death in the car in granite state and the rest of the story was his hallucinations as he was dying. I kind of like that take!
    Frakkin T
  • fullroundactionfullroundaction Myrtle Beach, SC
    Even if he did survive they went out of their way to make it clear that Walt's cancer was back full force and he was on his way out either way. That's more or less what gave him the motivation to go all-in on his final scheme to set up his family for life and take out the bad guys.
    NikkiP
  • beckertronixbeckertronix Albuquerque, NM
    edited November 2015

Walter probably received prompt medical care due to the ABQ Police Department arriving so soon.

That's the biggest hole in the theory right there.   APD would have just shot him on sight.

• DrewDrew indianapolis
    DaveyMac said:

Well I know there have been fake rumors abound for another seaon that have Walt waking up in a hospital bed surrounded by the DEA. I know it's all fake, but the scenario seems plausible.

Still, I like the poetic nature of the ending as is, so I prefer to think he didn't survive.

Not going to lie, if Vince was like, "We're getting the team back together for a 6 episode mini series to wrap up the ultimate fates of all these character."  I would be so in.  I would love to see what happened with Jr. and Skyler after the news of Walts death, see what happens to Jesse.  I would actually like if they went with this theory see Walt end up in prison and see if his folk hero status follows him there.
    TaraC73