Greetings!

DamagingOstrichDamagingOstrich Atlanta, GA
edited November 2014 in General
Just wanted to try out the new board and say, "Hey" to all the Baldies.
I started listening years ago when other podcasts failed to stop praising twd on their buullllshhhiiiit and been listening ever since.
BTW A&J, thanks for the heads up on Fargo.

Andy

Comments

• FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Cheers mate. Also popping in to say "Hi."

I believe I first caught Jim and A-Ron on the Game of Thrones podcast and soon picked up on The Watching Dead as well. The new forum looks great.

Thanks guys for finally getting me off my ass to watch The Wire. I'm deep in season two now (only watching when I have time to watch 2 or 3). Looking forward to doing a re-watch when A-Ron's podcast masterpiece comes to fruition.
  • JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    Whatup. Started listening since they started with Game of Thrones and have since caught up with all their episodes. Hoping they add Hanibal and Vikings to the squad.
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada

Whatup. Started listening since they started with Game of Thrones and have since caught up with all their episodes. Hoping they add Hanibal and Vikings to the squad.

Vikings would be great. I really dig that show.

• JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    Especially since that show is based on historical references I think the boys would really sink their teeth into all that history.
  • Hey guys, massive fan. There are some shows I watch ONLY because Bald Move do a podcast on it. Even when I disagree with your views, I find them incredibly funny and thought provoking. You guys are also the only free thing i have chosen to donate to, so keep it up.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas

Hey guys, massive fan. There are some shows I watch ONLY because Bald Move do a podcast on it. Even when I disagree with your views, I find them incredibly funny and thought provoking. You guys are also the only free thing i have chosen to donate to, so keep it up.

Yep, same here. I skipped most of the last season of the Walking Dead and just listened to Jim and A. Ron break it down. Now that I think about, if this season stays it's current course I'll be doing it again.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks everyone, always great to hear we've turned people on to some good watching. As far as Vikings, I don't know that we'll ever have time to get around to that, but our pal Em does a pretty good one on the NoShip network. http://www.noship.net/ Might want to check it out and see if it's to your liking.
  • ReelHeadReelHead Bochum, Germany
    edited November 2014
    Guten Tag everyone, :)
    you might know me as "Personal Arrogants"-caller Dennis from Germany. I started listening to "The Night's Watch", since nobody I knew was watching the show and I really needed a podcast to listen to. Since then I started listening to "Watching Dead" and "Breaking Good". Still wait for "Gotham" to be available here, to start to listen to the "Gotham Blotter".
  • Hi everybody,
    Been listening since about 2 seasons ago on Game of Thrones then immediately picked up the Watching Dead. Love the podcasts and format. Especially spoilers, but still need to get caught up on the books for Game of Thrones. Gonna be fun to have a forum to discuss topics. Keep it coming guys.
  • Hi everyone. I'm Jim, I was an early adopter, been listening since episode 1 of Blue Yonder. I'm excited to be able to talk with everyone who loves Bald Move as much as I do.
  • JohnTRealnameJohnTRealname Australia
    edited November 2014
    Hi guys!

Started a few years back at the start of Breaking Bad coverage and have spread across GOT, Fargo, HOC and as you probably gather from my username, WD. Yeah I'm a jerk.

Edit: Just a heads up, my sign up and notification emails from the forums were all getting buried in junk folder, so impatient lurkers awaiting email verification should check there.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Hey Guys,
    I got hooked on Bald Move with GOT then TWD and now Gotham (Blotter). I especially like the analysis, opinion, Easter eggs, book/comic comparisons and spoiler sections.
    Keep on keepin on
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    For me it started with the Watching Dead, I had listened to another cast about TWD but Bald Move's way of covering the show appealed to me more. Jim and A.Ron always tell it how they see it and don't BOWLSHIT us listeners. Even when a Breaking Bad episode didn't please you or Boardwalk wasnt up to snuff yall cast it like you feel and dont hold back on the criticism. So thanks for that. And thanks for being funny too. A lot of other TV podcasts arent funny, entertaining and informed. That's why I'm a strictly bald move these days.

****sorry I know you guys hate complements, im done, but it's well deserved
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Hi everyone,

I stumbled onto Breaking Good after searching desperately for a Breaking Bad podcast and finding only one other that wasn't my style (although A.Ron inadvertently inspired me to check out "the evil David Chen empire," haha). In addition to appreciating Jim and A.Ron's hard work, enthusiasm, and openness to different perspectives, I really love the community and the interactive nature of their podcasts. It takes a lot of time to read all that feedback, edit the ones for the podcasts, and then respond to them while recording. That level of interest and dedication inspires loyalty.
  • Mike SnowMike Snow Portland, ME
    Hey everyone,

Like most of you, I started listening to the Night's Watch, then I discovered Bald Move covered Mad Men, and I've been hooked ever since. I always liked how Jim and A. Ron seem like guys you could have a beer with, and they don't pull any punches. It's nice to hear some genuine criticism of how this season of TWD is going without having to watch the forced bullshit on Talking Dead.

Keep up the great work guys.
  • DamagingOstrichDamagingOstrich Atlanta, GA
    edited December 2014
    @Jim Jones You liked Blue Yonder? Those guys were unlistenable.
  • Started with Breaking Good and the Justified podcasts a few years back.
  • Hi everybody,
    I found Bald Move through Justified, and since I enjoyed that so much and was starting the Walking Dead late I binged my way through the podcasts as my wife and I binged our way through the show to get caught up. I really appreciate how casual the casts feel, while they are still very informative and well thought out. They make a very hard job sound easy which is a great quality. It feels like they don't take themselves too seriously, but they must treat the work very seriously to produce the product that they do. I really appreciate that about Jim and A.Ron. When you can combine fun and an intelligent take on a great subject you've really made something great. Kudos!
    I've also just started Personal Arrogants and I'm really enjoying it (which is kind of bitter sweet being that it was over before I got to it, kind of like finding out about a great band that you know will never put out another record), and I am also really enjoying the Gotham Blotter.
    Anyways, hi everybody.

P.S. If Ted C. (the embedded reporter from the Justified cast) is on this board I just wanted to say that I always enjoyed your feedback on the Justified cast. I always enjoy the feedback sections of the Bald Move casts that I listen to, but particularly your e-mails. I really appreciate the context that you provided. It actually added to my enjoyment of the show itself knowing that additional background of the area. Thanks for that.