Guerrilla marketing

fisherkfisherk tucson
edited December 2014 in General
Hey all. I was talking with a friend about The Walking Dead show and the topic of Bald Move podcast came up. I was telling him how great it was and wound up emailing him a link to the web site so he could get the cast.
That got me to thinking about how else I could 'get the word out' for these great casts. I mean lets face it - the more people that subscribe the better the chance that we will keep getting the quality casts we love!

Here are a few ideas that I have

- Face Book - obviously like BaldMove(easy one I know)
- Print out some cards and leave them around - Coffee shop, book stores, comic book store, or to give to people when referencing the various pod casts
- What about having a forum driven contest to see who can recruit the most new people to Bald Move? If we all got 1 new person to listen we would double in size....

What other ideas do you have?

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Easily the biggest thing you can do to increase our listenership is rate and review us on iTunes. Something like 70% of our traffic comes out of the iTunes ecosystem, and recency and frequency of ratings and reviews are the #1 thing that drives popularity and traffic on there.

Posting relevant links to Reddit and other message boards helps, too. I mean, you can't be obnoxious with it, but if it's relevant to the discussion that is ongoing it can really help as well.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Funny thing, another podcast I listen to (Now Playing) posted a screenshot of an iTunes chart tonight, touting the fact that they were #6. Guess who was #1?
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I hope it was us, otherwise this comment is going to make me look like such an asshole, haha.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    It was, it was.
    April_May_June
  • Ha! nice #1! Ok ill go an rate right now....