This is how I would rank my favorite seasons of AHS:

1. Assylum
2. Murder house
3. Hotel
4. Coven
5. Freak show (a distant fifth)

Comments

• DrewDrew indianapolis
    Asylum is the best season for me and then Murder House. I would go Coven next then Freak Show but I hated them for the most part and watched them because I loved seasons 1/2 and Jessica Lange was always good. Gave up this season but I see you have it as number 3 so how has the season been overall, should I jump back in?
    Hue Janus
  • edited November 2015
    I love Asylum, I think it's the best by far. I didn't really like Coven or Freak Show overall but I still enjoyed a lot of the performances, if you put a two-headed Sarah Paulson in a show then I will watch.
    Hue Janus
  • Hue JanusHue Janus Rogersville MO
    Drew said:

Asylum is the best season for me and then Murder House. I would go Coven next then Freak Show but I hated them for the most part and watched them because I loved seasons 1/2 and Jessica Lange was always good. Gave up this season but I see you have it as number 3 so how has the season been overall, should I jump back in?

I adore Jessica Lange; however, it has actually been sort of refreshing having a break from her (the theme of the older beautiful lady who's past her prime & trying to regain her former glory was a little worn out in my opinion). Lady gaga has been doing a great job. This season has been a little over the top, but a lot of fun. There has also been some connections this season to murder house. I would encourage you to jump back in :-)
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Hotel
    Asylum
    Murder House
    Coven
    Freak Show
    Hue JanusElisa
  • Asylum
    Murder house
    Freaks how
    Hotel
    Covent

We need to get Aron to see season 2!!

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Asylum
    Coven
    Murder House
    Freakshow

I think Hotel will end up in the 2 or 3 spot and push everything down accordingly, provided they don't do a complete fadeaway with Sarah Paulson
    Hue Janus
  • Hue JanusHue Janus Rogersville MO
    GeorgeS said:

Asylum
    Murder house
    Freaks how
    Hotel
    Covent

We need to get Aron to see season 2!!

Well said! Aron doesn't know what he's missing if he hasn't seen season 2 (assylum). It was the last season of AHS that actually made me scared. The characters were well developed & it had an awesome story line. It also had the strongest & most satisfying ending of any of the seasons of AHS I. My opinion. Jessica Lang's best performance ever!
    Elisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    It's on my list.

Of the seasons I've seen, Coven is easily the best, and has the best intro by far.  Hotel is pretty good, and Freakshow was mostly a mess with a few bright points. 
    ElisaMichelleHue Janus
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I couldn't hang with Freakshow, for a few reasons. 
    a)  Clowns freak me out.  Huge clown phobia.  So there's already that.
    b)  Jessica Lange singing modern day songs in a 1950s era setting.  Bizarre, and totally out of place.
    c)  Did I mention the clown thing????

Even though I ranked Asylum #2, I did think the extraterrestrial/science fiction storyline was odd and played no relevance in the telling of the story.  I could easily have done without it.