Amazon Affiliate Bookmark

I've done this and each time I hear you guys advertise your Amazon Affiliate link it kills me not to hear you mention this.  Tell everyone how easy it is to set up a bookmark in their browser for your Affiliate link.  I just click on my amazon icon in my bookmarks and it takes me to you guys each time.  It's sooooo easy.

Comments

• YES!!! It's the first bookmark on my favorites bar, so easy to use and makes me happy to know I am supporting Bald Move.
  • I also bookmarked it, even though I only use Amazon once in a blue moon (there isn't one in my country and the shipping rates are not the best). I do use eBay quite a lot though, isn't there an affiliate program for that?
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Believe it or not, encouraging people to bookmark the affiliate link is a violation of the affiliate terms and conditions. Certainly glad you all do so, though! Which probably just violated the T&C.

Seriously though, when we first started doing it we were going to create a browser plug in that fans could download and it would always insert the affiliate link, but then we're like, hey, is this kosher, and it turns out its not, and just by asking people to use the link and not requiring a link on our website people have to click or search through is arguably skating already close to the edge of what they allow, as they specifically forbid links in email, text, printed material, rss feeds, and specifically allow websites and blogs, but don't say one way or another about podcasts.

One of our biggest outside threats is if amazon decides to just discontinue the affiliate program, or change the way it's structured to make it less convenient. We get, depending on month, a third of our revenue from Amazon. As the club and advertising continue to grow that percentage is shrinking, but it would be a dark day for the foreseeable future if they stopped or we got booted off.

And you know, the odds of getting caught are pretty slim, but it's a high risk type of deal.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Wow, I can't believe I never thought of bookmarking the link.  I shop at Amazon a lot, and I get mildly annoyed navigating to a different site first (I spread the love for smaller podcast affiliates also).  Thank you for the tip.  Speaking of Amazon, in one the recent podcasts, a listener mentioned an issue with earbuds either getting snagged or falling out, and A.Ron suggested running the cord underneath the shirt.  I wear earbuds constantly and find cord clips more convenient and comfortable, especially in warm weather.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, its a bookmark for me as well. And considering I do almost all my shopping from Amazon, I assume it has helped out at least a tiny bit. Very interesting to hear that behind the scenes stuff about the violations though. I wonder what the reasoning for that is.
This discussion has been closed.