TWD can learn

NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
So, whenever I feel I need to listen to people's spirits getting broken down, I listen to the TWD Season 3 Finale Podcast.

One line stood out to me, which was this: 

A.Ron (about 1hr 14-15 minute mark) - "If your satisfying arc is that your leader's no longer crazy, you've got a problem."

And yet, in this season of The Leftovers, I would argue that seeing Kevin battle with his inner demons and state of mind was INCREDIBLY satisfying.

Granted, don't mistake this callback to TWD's shitshow of a season finale for an attack on A.Ron or Jim, but I love that, yet again, a theme that TWD got SO wrong can also be used in The Leftovers, but instead be good enough to make it Show of the Year.

If I was making a show, I'd definitely go the HBO route. Not that AMC is bad, but rather, since Breaking Bad, the network has broken, bad. 

P.S. I really feel bad for past Jim and A.Ron. They really should have jumped ship, but without the years of coverage, we might not have gotten all this great content.

Comments

• broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    woah i'm noticing all these weird parallels between Rick and Kevin. Both ex cops, defacto leaders of their groups, both went crazy, both have cool hair...

but imagine Rick in the Leftovers universe.

"WHERE DID THEY GO?!?! I AM NOT GOING TO SING BECAUSE ITS STEEWWPID!"

"WHERES COOOORAAL??? COOOORAAAL???? DID HE GET DEPOOAAARTED???" 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    This is no joke:  I think my Leftovers experience informed my TWD experience, in a positive way.

• tom_gtom_g WV
    edited December 2015

This is no joke:  I think my Leftovers experience informed my TWD experience, in a positive way.

You are such a tease!  How?