Probelm Getting Premium Content

When I click on the Premium Content, or the Ad-Free Feed - it shows just code on a blank page, instead of opeing the feed in iTunes. I've had this problem before, but I forgot how i fixed it... Does anyone have a solution?

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    What pod app are you using?  Usually you take the URL (the address in the address bar), and copy and paste it into the search part of your pod aggregator, and it will come right up.

Then if you have problems authenticating, this is a pretty good run down of getting that working on a lot of different platforms:  http://alexanderthegreat.life/podcast-app-instructions/

Bwgameofhome
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Well, I use iTunes podcasts - I dont use a separate podcast app. In the past, when I clicked on the "premium content", on the website a window would pop up for username and password then iTunes would start up and download the Bald Move Premium. 

I turned iTunes off and on again ;) and the Podcasts asked for the username and password and that got it download - so that seemed to work....
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard can you post the URL of the premium podcast feed?

Just got a new iPhone and when I tap the link in the drop down menu at the top of your website, iOS opens the App Store and suggest I search for an RSS reader. All I want to do is copy the URL and add it to my phone's default podcast app...
    aberry89
    @michielterlouw, well, since this isn't the premium section of the forum, I can't do that.  But, if you go here:  https://baldmove.com/my-account/

That has a listing of all premium feeds.  Simply right click on one of them (or hold press on touch/mobile), select "copy link address", and paste it where ever your podcast app needs it (probably the search for feed/podcast box), and you'll have what you need.
    aberry89browniefive
  • Thanks, that works!

I think I also had to get used to this new iPhone thingy (a soft long press is different than a hard long press; that confused me a little)
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • Plus - Delete your regular podcast stream before adding the ad-free one.

• I recently subscribed to the premium membership and I use the Downcast podcast app. Can I access the premium feeds with this app and how? Thank you.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Hi @JohnSeenIt - you need to copy the premium podcast URL(s) you want and then go to Downcast - Add - Add Podcast Manually. It will then prompt you for your Bald Move login details.
    I came up with a technical support document that might help with a lot of this stuff. Posting here for posterity.  Hopefully Jim will add it to the "my account" page soon.

• I have an Android, and use the Podcast Addict app. I was never able to get the ad-free podcasts play, but honestly, Baldmove ads are so unobtrusive that it's never bothered me. Then, like two days ago, all of a sudden, all the premium stuff seemed to show up. I don't know if I did something in particular to make that happen or not, but thanks. :)

My year is almost up, but I will definitely be reupping my subscription. I've been listening to A.Ron and Jim for years, and really enjoy their podcasts, and am more than happy to support them. :)
  • Thank you Dee and A_Ron. I'll give this a shot.
    Dee
  • AshleyAshley Atlanta, GA
    This is kind of off-topic, but this thread reminded me that I've been wanting to change my payment. So since I couldn't figure out how to edit the amount, I canceled, figuring I could just start over. But when I click on resubscribe, I still can't change the payment amount. So is there any way to do this?
  • @Ashley the problem is that our system doesn't let you have multiple subscriptions and cancelling your subscription only tells the system to let your subscription expire by not billing you again.  This means that, even after cancelling, you still have an active subscription until your subscription period ends and you can't sign up for a new one.  It works like this in order to allow people to stop the recurring billing from happening without losing the premium access they paid for.

I only have 2 solutions, and neither one is very good:

a) I can manually cancel your subscription early, ending it completely which would enable you to resubscribe with the new payment amount.  You'll lose whatever remaining time you have on your subscription that you've already paid for.

b) You can wait until your subscription period ends and then resubscribe with the new amount.

Like I said, both options kinda suck but there's nothing else I can do about it.
    Brawn
    @Jim Thanks, that makes sense. I was wondering why it kept saying I couldn't add a new subscription to my cart, lol. But it's no problem, I can wait until the period ends and then try again. I think it's just a couple of weeks from now.
    TaraC73
  • @Ashley Ok, well let me know if you have any trouble with it and I'll help you out.
  • I must say that when I try to navigate to the premium content on my Nexus Android (via Chrome) that when I select a content archive, like the ad free archive of the Game of Thrones cast, that the page comes up in it's HTML code.
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard @Jim Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I think my email may have been eaten by your spam filter, so I'll repost here:

I tried to join the club about two weeks ago choosing PayPal for payment but that did not work because my PayPal is not connected to a credit card (I live in Europe so maybe that's why it doesn't work without credit card). Consequently, the subscription was automatically cancelled. Now I would like to try to purchase a subscription with someone else's credit card (and their consent, of course :) but somehow it doesn't work anymore. When I log in, enter the shop, and "SIGN UP" for the 12 dollar annual deal, it goes to the .../product/yearly-membership/ site but my cart stays empty. I see that Ashley may have had a similar problem. Is there anything I or you can do, like resetting my account, or should I just get a new account?

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot for your help!

MFG
    Hey MFG, we just started noticing some weirdness with people who either get cards declined or their cards expire before a renewal attempt fails get locked in a no-where-to-go loop.  We're looking into it.  There are about six people I know of that are affected by the problem, and I apologize.  
  • @MFG  I deleted your canceled subscription and the accompanying order entirely.  You should be able to sign up now.
  • Long time subscriber, but I've always listened to the standard iTunes feed with the ads. 

Now I'm trying to access the ad-free feed for the first time (to hear the BvS spoiler cast). On safari and in iOS podcast, I keep getting the prompt box, but it doesn't accept my email address and password I use to log in to this website. 

Is my user name something different from my email? I don't see a field for username in the account page.

• Just solved my own problem when I posted to the forums and saw "CharlieCurve" appear as my name. ;)

Keep cranking out the good content. 

I for one miss the instant cast for TWD. Can't wait for GoT.

Awesome, glad you got it working!
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    Hi guys, The daredevil ads for the club finally pushed me into stumping up the bucks to join the club, I am having problems changing my email address and was wondering what I can do? I originally signed up to the forum using an old work email but no longer work there. I've tried changing it in my user profile but the automated email doesnt seem to come through to the new email. Any help would be gratefully received!
  • Heya @Benb welcome to the forums. You can best get an issue like this resolved by sending Jim & A.Ron a direct PM here: http://forums.baldmove.com/messages/add

Just type Ji in Recipients list and click Jim when the indexed results pops, up, and typing A_ should show you A_Ron_Hubbard in the indexed search results. 

@Jim Okay, I think I need your help, lol. I thought my subscription would end yesterday, but it looks like I might've ended up re-subscribing back on 3/15. So could you manually cancel me?

• @Ashley I cancelled your subscription.  It should not renew on April 15th.
  • i just resubscribed and i cant get any of the premium podcasts. when i go to my account it only has this...

Available Downloads

... if i try to go to get any of the podcasts it tells me to join the club, but i already have? simply put, i need help. thanks

• @Toolowbrow I think I fixed your sub.  See if you can access the premium stuff now.  You might have to log out and back in.
  • I too have this problem. 
    Username annerb
    email musiciquiz@gmail.com

Thanks
  • Jim said:

@Toolowbrow I think I fixed your sub.  See if you can access the premium stuff now.  You might have to log out and back in.

thank you!!!!!!!!