Birdman!

Was interesting to hear anyone's thoughts on the movie!

Comments

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Magical Realism trip by Mexican director Iñarritu - what is real and what is in your mind, which was cool. The main storyline was very insider - actors, plays, nyc, self absorbed hollywood. That said I really liked the acting and thought the whole story was something different and refreshing.
  • I just watched it last night, and found it to be completely awesome. Michael Keaton and Ed Norton killed it! I loved the way it was shot in that continuous flow and the weaving of reality and delusion. It was so engaging how everything flowed and created this great tension that and this incredibly fast pace. I was gripped the whole way through. It was such a treat to watch. I really can't wait to see The Theory of Everything because I can't believe that Michael Keaton wasn't a slam dunk for Best Actor.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

I had thought that I wished that he hadn't survived the finale (I literally just deleted the text "I kind of wish that he hadn't survived the finale"), but it always comes back to the play and as I was typing this I remembered the scene from the beginning where they were talking about how they were sitting around the table reading through a scene talking about the guy who screwed up shooting himself in the head and suddenly I feel a lot better about it. What a crazy movie. Everything was so amazingly woven together (and that is a perfect example).  

• I loved it and am happy it got the Oscar. So much great chemistry between all of the cast memebers. My absolute favorite scene is when his daughter loses her shit and gives it to him with both barrels. I was moved into stunned silence. I dont thinki anything has so completely pulled me in like that scene did.
  • @steph_b I almost brought that scene up too. That was fantastic. The one between Keaton and the critic was amazing too.

Also, the first run through where Ed Norton flips out on him really caught me off guard in the best possible way. That movie is so good.

• so good
  • steph_b said:

I loved it and am happy it got the Oscar. So much great chemistry between all of the cast memebers. My absolute favorite scene is when his daughter loses her shit and gives it to him with both barrels. I was moved into stunned silence. I dont thinki anything has so completely pulled me in like that scene did.

Yes! That scene is why she received her nomination too of course. Never knew she was that a great an actress prior.

My favorite scene is the first run through with Norton and Keaton.
This discussion has been closed.