How many inches you got?

About 22 inches here - my back is hurtin from shoveling this stuff for two days.  Oye.

Comments

• That's what she said...
    Frakkin T
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Well I was ready to delete this because I thought it was a little WB but I stand corrected!
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    That's only for my wife to know, and Emma Stone to find out. She's my freebie!
    Dee
  • 0. its 90 degrees in Singapore. 
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    @Dee ;Qu'est-ce que c'est WB?
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Frakkin T Simpsons reference. Hang your head in shame!
    Frakkin T
  • @Dee ;oh my. Like @Frakkin T, I'm curious what WB means. I haven't seen much of The Simpsons, so I'm clueless. Does it mean "working blue"?
    Dee
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    We were supposed to get around a foot in Cincinnati, but at the last minute projections changed and we got nothing! The news folks were visibly glum, they were getting pretty stoked to cover a proper winter storm! I'm glum too. The only thing that makes living in a region that gets butt fucking cold worth it is a few glorious snow showers per year, and we haven't received anything!
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    I will gladly sign over all of Connecticut's snow from now until the end of time.

Please be prompt about pickup and removal.
  • I got over two feet where I am in Jersey. I'm super sore today. I should invest in a snowblower.

I watched The Simpsons religiously in the 90s, but I've barely seen an episode in the last 15 years.
    Dee
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    The ice cream man came around yesterday here in TX.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @hypergenesb and @Frakkin T Marge is telling some flashback story and she says "Now I should warn you kids, this next part gets a little WB." I guess it's just a joke about teen romance shows but I use it to refer to anything risqué.
    Frakkin T
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    26" Here in the NW suburbs of Philly!
  • We had 1/2 inch. Which is a blizzard by Harsh Georgia Winter standards.
    A_Ron_HubbardTaraC73
  • We got a couple of inches in Tokyo, which made a mess of the morning commute on the crowded trains, but all back to normal this week.
    AntManBee
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    ksa1001 said:

The ice cream man came around yesterday here in TX.

Don't you mean "the local heroin dealer got to use his ice cream front yesterday"? I mean, it is Plano.
  • @Dee Thanks.

Can we add 'getting a little WB' to the BaldMove lexicon.
    Dee
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Nothing but days upon weeks upon...over a month now...of soaking rain out here in northern Cali. I know we need it, but we don't need the slides and downed trees & power lines and gale force/hurricane force winds and flooding that's accompanying it! I wish we were getting snow instead! @Heff, wanna trade?
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    @Michelle I don't think you'd enjoy digging out from multiple 2-foot snowfalls in a week, and having to shovel your roof to make sure it doesn't break! Two or three years ago we had a major snowstorm every other day for a few weeks, and even large businesses were having massive structural damage, not to mention the snow being piled so high by the sides of the road that you couldn't see around the corner in places. There were some pretty big power outages too.

I know that CT certainly isn't the worst with regards to snow and winter, but I don't know how anybody could stand being anywhere worse.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Most amount of snow I've ever shoveled was 18", and I did it in about 3 stages because I knew it would be a cast iron bitch.  It's just back breaking work.  Plus, there is no configuration of clothing which makes it comfortable.  You're either freezing and your muscles are tightening up or your drenched with sweat, which leads to the former.
    Michelle
  • Got the full brunt 29-30" here. They're only just now digging out my street with a front loader as I type this.

This is my deck Saturday morning, exactly 9 hours after I finished shoveling 8-10" off Friday night.

There was more than what you see above back on there again Saturday night.

When I finished shoveling that off Saturday morning there was already ~ 1.5" back at the spot I started from. I scraped it all off again and by the time I got my boots and jacket off inside you already couldn't see the deck surface again.

At least I have a garage this time! This was my poor car after the last big snow storm we got:

JimMichelle
  • We had a snow kinda like that a couple years ago in Indianapolis.  It was glorious.  I love blizzards.  Also, great car @gh
    Michelle
  • @Jim Was that 2010? That was the last big snow storm here, we only get them this bad maybe once every 5-10 years.

Thanks, I got it way back in 2003, I still love the thing even though the crappy interior is deteriorating more and more. There's nothing out there for less than ~$500ish/month that I'd rather drive and I really like not having a car payment.
    FlashGordon
  • This all sounds and looks really difficult. We'll take some of that water when it melts though.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I am kind of hating on all of you a bit talking about snow while I sit in Adelaide sweating like a weight watcher in a cake shop all summer. I'm so jealous!
    MichelleA_Ron_Hubbard
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    New Yorkers get out there and start shoveling as soon as it starts snowing.  The main reason is liability issues once the snow stops falling, but snow removal is dangerous work for your back and your heart.  Three people died this past weekend while shoveling snow.  NYC got 26 inches, but I'm currently in Virginia, where we received a paltry 12 inches.  It was beautiful, though, and so unbelievably quiet, which is possibly my favorite thing about blizzards.
    Michelle
    Heff said:

@Michelle I don't think you'd enjoy digging out from multiple 2-foot snowfalls in a week, and having to shovel your roof to make sure it doesn't break! Two or three years ago we had a major snowstorm every other day for a few weeks, and even large businesses were having massive structural damage, not to mention the snow being piled so high by the sides of the road that you couldn't see around the corner in places. There were some pretty big power outages too.

I know that CT certainly isn't the worst with regards to snow and winter, but I don't know how anybody could stand being anywhere worse.

Yeah, on second thought... lol
    I do feel for you though. I've never had to shovel snow but I don't think I'd want to, either. :)

This all sounds and looks really difficult. We'll take some of that water when it melts though.

Biz, you guys aren't getting our storm fronts once they pass through here? (I'm in Humboldt) I would have thought you were getting quite a lot lately!
  • aberry89aberry89 California

I may not be in Australia, but I do live in Southern California...so? same difference? Okay, probably big difference. We don't start sweating here till late summer, but it was 71 degrees today, and it's January sooooo

Fascinated scrolling on instagram and facebook thinking...god that looks fun. Fun, as in, sitting inside drinking tea and watching snowflakes and having snowball fights, I think thats about where the fun stops.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    You and me with our imaginary snowmen, @aberry89
    hypergenesb
This discussion has been closed.