What happened with the season-by-season recap idea?

Really sorry if I missed the news on this, but did you guys decide not to do the Mad Men full retrospective? I kept meaning to ask once summer came and went without a mention of it, but I suppose I forgot, lol. But now that I'm sitting at work watching a few episodes, it's back on my mind. Is it still a possibility? Too much work? Too little time?
AntManBeeMichelleMelonuskFrakkin TDaveyMac

• MichelleMichelle California
    I was bummed not to see this happen, too.  I get it though.  The guys have been so incredibly busy, that they probably just couldn't fit it in.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Jim wasn't that interested in doing it, and it wasn't getting done, and I didn't want to put that much work on a solo project, so it's pretty much dead. I plan on releasing the interview we did with the Mad Men editor this spring when mad Men would have been returning, and formally announce the dead end nature of the project.

I apologize, I really have to stop pushing this shit and making commitments on air.
  • Boo on no early season casts.  Is "dead end nature" code for still a chance?
    When is the editor interview expected? Spring is in the air and that means it is time for Mad Men's new season only with no new season I need a fix.

I'd say around the first of April is a good bet.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited March 2016
    So on April Fool's? Are you trolling us @A_Ron_Hubbard ?
  • I just finished all Mad Men and all your podcasts and came here to find out what happened to the interview with the editor.  I am happy you guys were able to get that done.  Looking forward to it!  :)
    It will be out, and before this month is over, I swear by both the coke classic and the new.
  • Still waiting man....
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Just saw that it's the 51st anniversary of the Ali-Liston fight.

Which means it is also Peggy Olson's birthday and 51 years since the fictional events of The Suitcase, one of the best episodes of TV ever.

Just watched it a few days ago.  I hadn't revisited Mad Men since last year.  In thinking back on it, I didn't think I really needed to go into that world again.  Something about that show, I think Jim said it too, felt like "I've seen it.  Loved it.  Don't feel the need to ever see it again."

But, I decided to watch The Suitcase and it sucked me back in.  Ended up watching 4 or 5 episodes and plan to go back.

So, I'll hold onto some sliver of hope that a season-by-season recap may happen one day in the distant future.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Happy 77th Birthday Peggy Olson!
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    I feel that way about Breaking Bad; saw it, loved it, probably won't ever revisit it. Mad Men has just ate away at the back of my mind since the finale though, if there wasn't so much stuff on tv now I would definitely rewatch it, I intend to rewatch someday.
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    edited May 2016
    I'm completely the opposite on Breaking Bad.  I consider Breaking Bad to be the most rewatchable show that I've found, well, second to The Wire.

The Wire is actually better the second time you watch it.
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Yeah, I can watch Breaking Bad anytime. If I see it on, I'm watching the whole episode.