Halt & Catch Fire

just now finishing up Season 2.  Pretty good.  Think it's better than the first season.  I actually like watching the 2 women as the main characters as opposed to last season.  Have to warn you though the first few episodes are pretty slow.  I'd say once you get to maybe episode 4 or 5, it's pretty good through the end.
Elisa

Comments

• DrewDrew indianapolis
    Yeah season 2 is pretty great but they stumbled season 1. Donna is the best character on the show, wish the show was just about her. Really like Joe, can't wait to see what they do with him in season 3. Cameron is the worst I can't stand her character, I hope they make her more like able next season. And Gordon is Gordon.
  • The second season was one of the best things on TV last year. I saw it having never seen the first and would totally recommend it.
    Elisahypergenesb
  • Drew said:

Yeah season 2 is pretty great but they stumbled season 1. Donna is the best character on the show, wish the show was just about her. Really like Joe, can't wait to see what they do with him in season 3. Cameron is the worst I can't stand her character, I hope they make her more like able next season. And Gordon is Gordon.

Yeah I was surprised at how they focused on different characters.  Donna for me is the best thing in the show.  Very interesting to see scenes like when they are negotiating the deal and they straight out bring up "what happens if you get pregnant".  I all on board with seeing more smart strong women progressing in the computer business run by men.

I couldn't come around on Cameron season 1 but didn't mind her so much this season.  All I thought of when I saw her is that famous 1984 Apple Mac commercial of the blonde girl running down with the sledgehammer.  

Joe is a little too much for me sometimes and Gordon could be off the show and I really wouldn't mind.
  • I like Cameron a lot.  It's Joe that brings the show down for me.  I don't care about his scars because he's a sociopath that steals and backhands his way to prominence every season.  Prediction for season 3 - Joe takes someone's design and goes behind their back to start a new venture.  Again.
  • Heard good things about season 2. Is this a show where I can skip season 1, or is it necessary to get the plot?
  • Heard good things about season 2. Is this a show where I can skip season 1, or is it necessary to get the plot?

id say just hop in at season 2.  maybe even a few episodes in to season 2. 
    Elisa
  • Not sure about skipping Season 1. In Season 2, the other characters (as well as the audience) fight preconceived notions of who Joe is and what motivates him. Without Season 1, I think you'll miss a lot of that--you can't just be told how you're supposed to feel about him.

And Season 1 was not terrible. It's not as good as Season 2, but there was enough there that I was excited to watch Season 2, especially after hearing during the off-season what direction they were taking in S2.
    Elisa
This discussion has been closed.