New to Destiny. Anyone Still Playing?

Just checking in.  I got the Legendary Edition about Christmas Time, and I'm really enjoying it!  I've spent some time getting used to the game on my own, but finding it harder to do the end game content without other people.  So, are any of you guys still playing?  Feel free to add me if you do my PSN is kratos6679 and right now rolling with a 305 LL Titan.  Hope to meet y'all on the battlefield!

Ruben from Boston

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited February 2016
    Hey Ruben, welcome.  I'm theRealNeolith.

I still play a fair bit, mostly the King's Fall raid and PVP at this point, since we're experiencing a content drought at the moment.  But if you're new to the game, I could probably talk a few peeps into running the older raids too.  The Vault of Glass is absolutely amazing as an experience, and still holds up as an end game challenge, Crota's End and the Prison of Elders have kind of turned into a romp.  I've solo'd Crota's End on hard mode, and with a fire team of three it's basically a 30 minute strike if you know what you're doing.  Prison of Elders level 35 is a hoot if you have any of the legendary or exotic swords, as you can ignore the final bosses "curse" mechanic and just absolutely fuck him up.  I two manned it with my son a few weeks ago, and he's only nine, haha.

What time do you usually play?  305 is easily enough to run King's Fall, and we could use another couple of peeps in our raid group.  Hell you could run it hard mode.  

Do you have any of the exotic swords yet?  I still need the void one, would love to help out run the final mission on that. I can help out on any of the exotic weapon quests  come to think of it, I think I have them all at this point but they're all fun and usually the last step is a bit tricky.

And I'm down to mess around in any PVP mode, that's what I'm kind of focusing on right now.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    If I had a better internet connection, I'd definitely be down. I am working on it though--maybe soon.
  • I'll have to watch a youtube video on the exotic sword quest.  I've been playing FPS for a better part of my life, and still getting used to the idea that you have to do something other than point and shoot!  I watched a vid on the king's fall raid, and it scares the shit out of me!  Would definitely need some hand holding throught that.  However, I can handle myself at PvP, PoE, or CoO just fine, even though it seems you need to know a few tricks to get by Court of Oryx.  I can play anytime during the weekend if you want to schedule something.  Otherwise, I play in the morning once in a while because I work overnight.
    edited February 2016
    I typically play a bit in the mornings too. If you see me jump in my fireteam. Or better yet invite me to a party chat.
  • TonyTony Harrisburg,Pa.
    If it's raiding then I'm in. PSN Is TONYDETH
  • I still raid and do the challenges. I also do Trials a couple times each weekend. My PSN is TTBHG. I'm down to help raid if you guys need extras.
    I'd love to do more trials. I've only played 4 or 5 times, best I've done is 7 wins before my ticket got punched.
  • I went flawless in year 1 but I've only gotten to seven wins since they changed the matchmaking in year two. I'd be happy to run it with you. I'll send you a friend request when I get on later.
  • I've finally gotten around to doing the exotic sword quest.  I'm at the point where I need to do the 300 LL Sunless Cell Strike in order to finish it.  Anyone here willing to help me finish it?  FYI I'm going for the Raze Lighter...

Heh, that's the hardest one!  I'll help, I still need to get the void blade, and it's not too bad.  You just have to keep jumping a lot to keep two knights alive while whittling down the big guy.  What time are you thinking?
  • Well, I work as a courier on-call, and I'm able to play at night.  However, I usually just do patrols or something I can dump at a moments notice in case I get a phone call and have to leave.  Anytime between 4-8 EST is good for me or 6-10 EST just about any day, or anytime on the weekend.
  • Anybody play on the Xboner?  I'm getting back into it. Titan approaching 300 light right now. 

Well, I work as a courier on-call, and I'm able to play at night.  However, I usually just do patrols or something I can dump at a moments notice in case I get a phone call and have to leave.  Anytime between 4-8 EST is good for me or 6-10 EST just about any day, or anytime on the weekend.

What's your psn?

• My PSN is kratos6679 currently working on a 307 LL Titan

My PSN is kratos6679 currently working on a 307 LL Titan

Do you mind if I add you? Garthman00 here.
    I gotta say, Destiny has really fallen off the map for me.  I completed the Crimson Days quest with my son last week and that was it.  I tried to get six together for the raid last week and could only manage four.  With TWD and Better Call Saul on the schedule, I really only have Thursday nights open.

Anyone want to do the KF HM raid either very early (5pm-ish EST) or kinda late (after 9pm EST) on Thursdays?  I think I'm going to get as many Bald Move peeps together and then fill out the rest on /r/fireteams.  I gotta get a HM raid under my belt.
  • I really wish Destiny would let me carry characters and gear across platforms. It's hard to motivate myself into spending my cash then sinking the hours into new characters for the ps4.
    Yeah, that's stupid, but as long as they give ps4 exclusives... Although it's smart enough to disable access to my collectors edition crap when I'm playing at Jims house. You'd think they could work something out.
  • I'd like to jump in on the raid, as long as you guys don't mind helping someone who hasn't done it.  I'll watch a few more youtube vids to try to get the mechanics of it down.  Send me a message over PSN if you don't mind training a noob :-)
    I am down, and my internet connection seems solved. So I am game whenever.
    The mechanics aren't too bad, and if there is just 1-2 first timers it's not too bad.  The jumping puzzles can be tough, but we're pretty good at hustling people through that.  If you got a self-res warlock, that is nice, because it gives you a safety margin for the hard mode raids, but the important thing is just don't die.  Haha, hard mode is all about picking your spots, running when necessary, and moving cover to cover.  

I wouldn't mind running normal mode once for any people who've never done it before.  The mechanics aren't really harder, an neither are the mobs for the most part until you get to oryx, it's just you can't die and be revived, so if one guardian goes down, it's tough, two or more and it's almost a guaranteed team wipe.  

Let's plan on HM next week.  I got you two, Tony, and me so far. 
    Tony
  • I actually crapped out before I beat Oryx on hard, so you can count me in.
    I'm thinking Thursday night, around 7pm?  That gives us 3-4 hours before my ticket gets punched.
    Tony
    I am down--not sure I can commit to 3/4 hours, but I will give it a shot to be sure.
  • I'd like to jump in too.  Send me a PM at my PSN kratos6679 because I don't always check the boards, but PSN messages go straight to my phone.
  • I know most of this conversation about the HM raid was for last week but I'm free Thursday night starting around 7est if you guys want to raid this week.

I'm also down if anyone wants to team up this week for Iron Banner. My PSN is TTBHG.
    Tony
    We might be full at this point. Though I'll probably snag the warpriest checkpoint on my alts and would be willing to try again later in the weekend.
    So 7pm tonight. I'll be on at six.
  • We might be full at this point. Though I'll probably snag the warpriest checkpoint on my alts and would be willing to try again later in the weekend.

No worries, I don't need it. I was just going to run it and help take the lesser experienced guys through. Good luck guys.

TTBHG said:

We might be full at this point. Though I'll probably snag the warpriest checkpoint on my alts and would be willing to try again later in the weekend.

No worries, I don't need it. I was just going to run it and help take the lesser experienced guys through. Good luck guys.

Don't be too far from your PlayStation, we may need you.