Quit Yer Pitchin' - Episode 1

This is a new show concept we are, uh, pitching as a new form of premium content.  We're giving away the first episode, subsequent ones will be Premium / Club members only.  What do you think?  Have any alternate pitches or new show ideas?  Post them here or at qyp@baldmove.com!
TravisMichelle

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    "You are the weakest beaver, goodbye."
    A_Ron_HubbardTravis
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Great stuff. I liked the pitch for Colony Talk. First thing that came to mind for me was a talk show set in the first Moon/Mars colony; with each episode featuring a different colonist.

My suggestion for a future pitch is one me and my friends throw around every once in a while:
    "Strip Club Justice"
    Certainly won't taint the pitch by describing what we've came up with; besides, I doubt you guys will stray too far.

Michelle
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    Frakkin T said:

"You are the weakest beaver, goodbye."

The question is, is this for an animal themed game show involving dam building? Or does this show need to be shown on a premium channel?
    Frakkin Taligal
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Future eps will be video format, yes?
    I was thinking it would be kind of cool to watch you guys coming up with the titles in the moment, then pitching, rather than coming in already prepared with a list.  Gotta do your pitches on the fly, no prep!  :)
    I like this though... .loving all of the extra premium content.  And I would totally watch all of these shows.  Colony Talk would be a good follow up show to Game of Thrones.

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    The bad news is we have four episodes already recorded, and we didn't do video. But, I'm willing to do video in the future.

We do pitch on the fly, we just pregenerste a list of a few because sometimes the random generator spits out gibberish or bullshit. But we could record that process, too. Whatever floats ya'lls boat!
    Michelle
  • Fear Reunited is a show about people who have spent years in therapy getting over there irrational fears. Once they have succeeded and begun to live an ordinary healthy life without the fear, the show takes it upon itself to once again firmly establish that fear again in them by systematically terrorizing them with whatever their fear is (ex: spiders). Thus, fear (once lost) reunited.

edited February 2016
    Yeah, I realized after I did a second listen that it was in the moment.  Sorry 'bout that!

I feel like "The Slow Skater" could totally be aka The Life and Times of Tonya Harding.

"The Weakest Beaver" could just be a backwoods, way hick, trashy game-show version of The Bachelor.  Every week the contestants are put through various challenges such as pig callin', beer shotgunnin', and roadkill gatherin'.   That last one actually comes in handy, as the contestants also have to cook their favorite critter "jus' the way mama 'n 'dem always done".  Every week, finalists are presented not with a rose, but with a beaver pelt. You really don't want to know who wins this show, trust me.
  • Feels like Rick and Morty's Interdimensional Cable might of had an influence on this new bit, love it
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard, are you familiar w Adam Carolla's pitch of "Pediph-Isle" on Simmons' podcast? Epic shit! Very excited for this pod.
    Fear Reunited: ten contestants are placed alone in a pitch dark room one by one, while Peaches and Herb's "Reunited" is piped in and on repeat. The idea is to see how long they can stand it before pressing the panic button and escaping the room. The person who lasts the longest wins $$$ and a lifetime supply of Riunite. Hosted by Joe Rogan.
  • A_RON,

Is there going to be an actual podcast feed for this new show?

Thanks,
    Brian from Maryland
  • The Slow Skater: A teenager with Aspergers develops an obsession with drive-in restaurants and applies for the job of carhop at a local establishment. Benedict Cumberlandfarms is the manager and decides to give him a chance. Ridiculed at first by the local teenage hoodlums, he goes on to be an inspiration to the town. 
    Freddy
    "Crooked Cooks"

"What Can't Joe Buy?"

"The Least Dangerous Game"
    DaveyMac
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 2016

"The Jefferson's Starship" (I know it's too obvious, but I was trying to think of fun titles and it made me laugh/I'd watch the shit out of that)

• If you guys need more ways to generate pitches you could always go through random podcast or TV episode titles that you haven't seen and pitch those. Here's a couple from Harmontown episodes A Ron skipped:
    Sleepy Canyoneer
    Pakisnap!
    Blood on the Corn
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Haha, the least dangerous game made me laugh out loud.  I have a feeling it would star Paul Giamatti.
    TravisFreddyDaveyMac
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Just to chime in about the live vs recorded discussion that was on the last lunch. I agree with Jim, not everything should be live. Unless the segment demands a live format, imo editing always makes stuff better.

Just watch James Rolfe'a YouTube channel (the AVGN). The actual content he makes is great, but a ton of the live stuff they do (which is mostly playing old games they don't remember and have nothing to say about) is almost unwatchable.
  • Fear Reunited is a hidden camera show where we take stars from 90s slasher flicks and scare the hell out of them. We can have the full cast of Friday the 13th visit a horror campsite, the Scream cast gets locked in a Movie theatre etc.

Duke of Humiliation is a comedy about Benebatch Cumberdict and his brother David Tennent. They find out they had a rich Duke Uncle and are fighting over the inheritance. They undermine each other by trying to humiliate one another to make each other appear too foolish to inherit the Dukes position

Mamas Crypt is a Indiana Jones Rip off where Illinois Jackson find out that notorious grave robbers have stolen a special artifact from his deceased mothers coffin. He spends the series solving mysteries to find it.

• Haven't listened to the podcast yet but there are a ton of movie title generators online. here is one. http://moviebooknamegenerator.blogspot.my/

Here are a few that I generated.

"Silly Boy of Britain"
    Guy Ritchie film about about a stand up comedian(staring Paul Bettany) who gets into the underground crime world in London. In typical Guy fashion things escalate quickly and 3 different crime groups are all killed during the final act at London's most famous comedy club. All due to some misunderstanding of course. 

"The Slow Cat"
    Animated film about a cat who thinks he is a turtle. Continually rejected by other turtles he goes through trials and tribulations until he finallly excepts that he is a cat. The climax is that he must race another cat to win the heart of the greatest pussy on the planet and he wins through being slow and cautious. things he learned as a turtle. 

"Making it like a Talker"
    Leo DiCaprio goes to capital hill as a lobbyist for a pharmaceutical giant. He sees the dirty underbelly of the US political system and all of the BS that goes on there. He tries to whistleblow the operation but in a shocking and suprise ending he is murdered in the final scene and nothing gets released to the public. 

• Sorry. bored at work. Here are a few more. 

"The Blue Smog"
    Sci-Fi Channel rip off of the Mist. The characters are stuck in the LA surf shop. Instead of deadly monsters, its Sharks.of course. Starring a bunch of famous TV 1990s actors like the kids from Home Improvement. 

"The Farm of Debts"
    Matthew Mcconaughey stars in this Oscar Bait historical drama about the Great Depression. Matt moves back from the busy city life of New York to his father's farm in the Dust Bowl after learning about his father's passing. He has to find a way to save the farm and the city from the debts of the same New York bankers he worked for....

"The Shadow Baby"
    Horror film about a mother giving birth and her baby unfortunately passing away soon after. Not soon after the passing the baby returns and haunts the family. 

"Inferno of Payback"
    Arnold Schwarzenegger is a retired bus driver with a shady past. He was actually secret ops in South America where everyone of his team expect for him was killed. His son gets mixed up with the wrong criminal gang and in murdered. Arnold goes on a massive killing spree across New York completely destroying the entire criminal organization one leader at a time. 
    A_Ron_Hubbard
    Squatters vs. Squatters
    TravisA_Ron_Hubbard