Super Bowl 50

TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
So who do you like for the big game tomorrow night?

I've love Peyton Manning, so I'm rooting for the Broncos.

Not too sure about the halftime show, but I am excited to see how Lady Gaga does with the National Anthem!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Would be nice to see Peyton go out with a bang, but I love a quarterback that can throw those sexy deep balls and Cam Newton is just more fun to watch at this point. Would be painful to see Brock Osweiler coming in to the game and Peyton benched, but if the sacks and interceptions start coming thick and fast, I can see Manning being pulled out of it before the score gets too big.

If the Broncos defense plays like they did against the Pats then the game could be close, but I have a feeling it's going to be a Panthers blowout with the inevitable Newton MVP.
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I don't know why I dislike Cam Newton so much, I guess it's just an irrational dislike much like most Pats fans hate Peyton. (I don't like to say I hate Cam... I don't know him well enough to hate) I just really love my Peyton!! He's been my fantasy football QB 8 years running (even when he was out, I had him on the bench and luck of the draw gave me Brady for my second QB!!!) he's just such a nice guy I would love for him to go out with a win and hopefully no injuries. I'm SURE Carolina is going to try and level him hardcore!!

I despise Osweillier only because he's my main man's replacement... I agree it would be rough to watch Peyton benched :(

Hopefully the ads will be more entertaining than they were last year!
  • As a Packers fan I still cant let 97' go, so go Panthers
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited February 2016
    I'm a nearly life long Colts fan (we stole them from Baltimore when I was 7),and Peyton Manning made the Colts what they are today. There is a Peyton Manning Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. I really want so badly for him to win one more.
    TaraC73CecilyAntManBee
    My youngest's middle name is Peyton. While she wasn't actually named after Manning, Peyton was on my short list for names my whole pregnancy. While they were prepping me for my c-section, we were having our 1,378,093rd name discussion and he came on the TV - that was it. She was either going to be Peyton Carly or Carly Peyton depending on my gut reaction when I met her :)

I am predicting a close game - Broncos by a touchdown.
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    TaraC73 said:

I don't know why I dislike Cam Newton so much, I guess it's just an irrational dislike much like most Pats fans hate Peyton. (I don't like to say I hate Cam... I don't know him well enough to hate) I just really love my Peyton!!

There is something about his attitude and cockiness that just comes across as poor sportsmanship to me. They've done great this year, and they're fun to watch, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

TaraC73
  • Carolina wins big.
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    I'm a Ny Giants fan so I'm pulling for Eli's brother!
    I don't like pay pal, but that was an incredible commercial. Draper worthy imo.
    TaraC73
    That Key and Peele skit was the closest thing we'll ever get to a Bald Move commercial on the super bowl.
    TaraC73
    Oh my God is Denver going to do this? Wow.
    Is it just me or are the commercials noticeably better this year? Liked that Anvil one, and the Buick ad with the wedding reception.
  • edited February 2016
    The full Sobotka family from season 2 of The Wire just starred in a Prius commercial.  I don't even...
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    And the old man has the lead at the half. Great defense so far
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited February 2016

I'm a nearly life long Colts fan (we stole them from Baltimore when I was 7),and Peyton Manning made the Colts what they are today. There is a Peyton Manning Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. I really want so badly for him to win one more.

Are the Payton fans gonna root for him when he is the Rams QB next season?
    A_Ron_Hubbard
    Even the half time show was wildly entertaining. Granted, a great deal of that entertainment was Cecily's reaction to Beyoncé taking the stage, but still.
    TaraC73
    The Hubbard living room is sobbing with that pokemon20 Commercial.
  • I really appreciated that AUDI starman commercial. Go Denver!
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • I haven't really followed football (or any sports for that matter) since I was a kid, but I was born and spent my spent a lot of my childhood in the Denver area, so I will always cheer for the Broncos. 
    A_Ron_Hubbard
    The super bowl babies ad is absolutely disgusting and creepy.

GO BRONCOS! <3 you Peyton!
    ... Queen Bey was badass!! Coldplay, not so much.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited February 2016
    On my audio of the game there is a jackass howling in the back round. He's been at it the whole game.
    I'm happy for Peyton, but more thankful that the Denver D was able to carry him to one last victory. That defense has been out of its mind last two games. Just awesome. Not a lot of fireworks, but a tense, entertaining game of solid d.
    Although that was a nifty two point conversion. Now please, Peyton, retire. Do some broadcasting, sell some more pizzas and subways and cars and shit, get enshrined in Canton, then come be GM for the Colts.
    TaraC73
    GredalBee said:

The full Sobotka family from season 2 of The Wire just starred in a Prius commercial.  I don't even...

Oh my God how did I miss that! That's my new favorite commercial ever!
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Happy for Peyton, although he had very little to do with the team's victory! Von Miller played like a man possessed, absolutely amazing.

Half time show was cool, Beyonce ran it as we all knew she would!

Lady Gaga did a fine job with the National Anthem, but as a Brit it always astounds me at the crazy extravagant way modern singers sing it. Makes me chuckle to think of Adele wailing out God Save The Queen like it's straight out of a Broadway production!
    TaraC73
    edited February 2016
    kingbee67 said:

On my audio of the game there is a jackass howling in the back round. He's been at it the whole game.

He was trending on Twitter #wooguy

I'm happy for Peyton, but more thankful that the Denver D was able to carry him to one last victory. That defense has been out of its mind last two games. Just awesome. Not a lot of fireworks, but a tense, entertaining game of solid d.

They say defense wins championships; I never really buy into that as you still have to get on the board to win. But hot damn if they didn't prove that last night!
    I've seen Peyton at the height of his powers get bounced out of the playoffs and the superbowl with so many fluky things and bullshit (and admittedly just an epic pants shitting or two), that I don't mind that he won the last one with blatant Dilfering.  
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73 said:

The super bowl babies ad is absolutely disgusting and creepy.

And there were like 3 different ones, which is even more uncomfortable.

What they were trying to pitch - Football is all about familial bonds.

What actually came across - There's a lot of drunk and unprotected sex after the super bowl.
    TaraC73
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    As a Buccaneers fan, I didn't really have a dog in the fight, but I'm tired of hearing about Peyton Manning and felt that Carolina deserved the win after how well they played all season - so I was disappointed.

I was also thoroughly annoyed that there weren't too many huge moments throughout the match. To me, even the majority of the turnovers were too mild for a Superbowl game. I also like to see really close Superbowl games, but there didn't seem to be much of a threat from Carolina for the entire second half. They got completely outplayed yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.