NEW TRAILER + Preview Shots of The New Season Game of Thrones S6,SPOILERS

FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
edited February 2016 in Game of Thrones

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/exclusive-pictures-season-6

I'm doing a bit of rewatch right now, and doing a few of the Bald Move casts along the way, so pretty excited to see this come out today

Comments

• LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Oh shit Kingsmoot, and a Balon Greyjoy sighting, very intesting. So instead of Dorne we will most likely get remix Iron Islands. Let's hope it goes better this time.
    Elisa
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    If we're fully remixing some prime Dorne and Iron Island stuff, this would be really funny. spoilers in white below.

Wouldn't it be funny if they were to make Theon the substitute for Quentyn Martell?  No teeth, no sausage, missing half his teeth and digits, but he's supposed to woo and wed the Mother of Dragons.
  • Looks like they killed off Jonny Snow. How sad.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 2016
    After becoming disinterested midway through season 2, I've picked my binge-watching of this show back up and I am so glad I did! I'm now halfway through season 4 and really loving it. Only one more season to go and I'll be caught up. Seeing these shots makes me wonder what's happening between 406 (which I just finished) and 510. I will say this though: 402 is one of the best episodes in the series. Thank f*ck Joffrey's dead. Someone needs to decide to off Ramsay Snow now. My hatred for him grows exponentially every time I see him.
  • Michelle said:

After becoming disinterested midway through season 2, I've picked my binge-watching of this show back up and I am so glad I did! I'm now halfway through season 4 and really loving it. Only one more season to go and I'll be caught up. Seeing these shots makes me wonder what's happening between 405 (which I just finished) and 510. I will say this though: 402 is one of the best episodes in the series. Thank f*ck Joffrey's dead. Someone needs to decide to off Ramsay Snow now. My hatred for him grows exponentially every time I see him.

Season 3 and Season 4 are prime GOT. I think i mentioned in another forum that you commented you were struggling. Once you get to Season 3 its game on! :)
    Michelle
    And that's exactly where I truly sat up and took notice. I think the three storylines I'm most intrigued by are Jamie/Brienne, Daenarys (sp?), and Tyrion's imprisonment/upcoming trial. Oh, and the relationship between Arya/The Hound (not romantic - I just enjoy their interactions). A of course I love me some Sam Tarly. :)
    Hatorian
  • I watched Season 4 in one sitting. From like 11AM to midnight on a Saturday. It was that good. 
    Michelle
    That's how season 3 was for me, and 4 so far too. 3 was tough though, with Theon's torture. He was definitely unlikeable, but the torture was just beyond reasonable karma. Seeing him as Reek in season 4 is breaking my heart, almost worse than his spirit.
    DaveyMac
  • the red wedding was a shocker to me. somehow i avoided the spoilers for a year or so. So glad I did. You so badly want revenge for the family that when that happens you are heartbroken and devastated. 
    edited February 2016
    Totally! I sat in shock for a good couple of minutes after Robb, then Catelyn (!!!!!) were killed. I loved her - I so wanted her to reunite with her kids, especially Bran and Arya.
    Hatorian
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Michelle said:

Totally! I sat in shock for a good couple of minutes after Robb, then Catelyn (!!!!!) were killed. I loved her - I so wanted her to reunite with her kids, especially Bran and Arya.

I think it was @A_Ron_Hubbard who, when I mentioned in a different thread that I'd started bingeing the show, told me I was in for a crazy ride (or something like that). He sure wasn't kidding.

The Red Wedding was one of the most shocking things I've ever seen on any screen, television or movies. I think part of what makes it so gut wrenching (outside of the obvious I mean), is that until the very last second, you are still under the impression that it could somehow end without death for Rob & Catelyn.  Despite Rob being shot numerous times, and his wife being dead--Catelyn is begging and pleading for Frey to save their lives and as a viewer you are hoping against hope, "this has to be the turning point; they will be given mercy at the last moment." But nope, that moment passes and its just over and everyone is dead. Ugh, its exhausting and traumatic to just think about.
    HatorianMichelle
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Wow.  I can't believe they're going for the Kingsmoot.  I guess I have a bit of crow (har har) to eat.
    Elisa
  • I couldnt beleive that was Bran when I saw him with the 3 eyed raven sorry @A_Ron_Hubbard looks like he has got less crusty and tree like, just looks like a normal old dude.

I don't think the lack of Jon Snow means he's not alive though, guess they're just avoiding giving it away, despite it being the worst kept secret TV that he will appear in S6
    Kit Harington was recently quoted in an article saying that Jon Snow is definitely dead. So...is he, or is he not?
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited February 2016
    @Michelle My guess is yes, but that's because I think he's ultimately the protagonist of this story, Tyrion is there to be the cleverest guy in the room and speak for GRRM and Dani is set up as a false protagonist to give a human plot facilitation to the the Dragons development in the story... but that is just my take.

He could just as well actually be dead, but he's been spotted filming, could be flash backs but I think the whole cast have just got the give the company line in official press untill the reveal is actually made.
  • HeffHeff Connecticut

Wow.  I can't believe they're going for the Kingsmoot.  I guess I have a bit of crow (har har) to eat.

Just the Eye.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited February 2016
    Michelle said:

Kit Harington was recently quoted in an article saying that Jon Snow is definitely dead. So...is he, or is he not?

I think he's "dead". Then revived by Melisandre. So technically the cast and crew are not lying to us. But he will be back. He has to be. His story is not finished. Edit, I say this with no actual spoiler knowledge. Just my thoughts.
    ElisaUnderwoodHunterjomiha
    Can Melisandre be dead instead pretty please?  *hate her*
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Michelle said:

Can Melisandre be dead instead pretty please?  *hate her*

If she dies, most of our hopes for Jon being alive will pretty much go out the window...unless she gives her life for his in order to bring him back with....MAGIC! Then we can all be happy.
    I haven't seen S5 yet, so my feedback is just based on the fact that I hate her and love him. I don't know how his death happened yet. But I just want her gone.
    Ok, so I just watched the S5 finale. Dude was stabbed 6 times and bled out all over the snow, with no obvious signs of life in him. How does that equal not dead? I think if anyone has spotted him filming scenes, they might be flashbacks. Unless Melisandre does work some magic on him, but she has given no indication of ever wanting to do that...right?
    Elisa

• *Spoiler*

In the books, it's very strongly implied that he tried to warg into Ghost.
    Elisa
  • New Trailer

@kojiattwood Were you trying to make the 'warg into Ghost' thing the spoiler highlighted in white?  I'm not getting anything else in your post.
  • Just a difference (perhaps) between book and show, something readers have been debating for damn near 5 years now.
    Sweet, I like how they're still burying the Jon thing by showing him as the last face of the dead... then show everyone as dead.  Har! Har!
    Elisa
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    edited February 2016
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Or it just gave away the biggest plot twist yet to come, every major character in the show is/was secretly a Faceless Man!

Pretty sure there is a fan theory making that case for most characters anyway. All joking aside it was a cool way to tease the new season. I'm still holding out hope for LSH since we saw Cat in the trailer, if Balon Greyjoy is back anything can happen man!
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Trailer was cool I'm super hyped! I feel like this season is getting the hype flowing again, last season the hype felt low even before the season.
  • Remember that "All MEN must die"

Queue Arya pulling off her Jon Snow mask and saying, "I am no man" as she stabs the Ice King through his face.
    Michelle