Cincy Winter Beerfest

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Cecily and I will be attending tomorrow, Friday, starting at about 7:30pm.  If any local fans are going, feel free to look us up.  

Comments

• Bummer, looks awesome but it's about 2,000 miles out of my range. Have a great time!
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    I had tickets for last night.
    What were some of your favorites @A_Ron_Hubbard?
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I can't say I really discovered anything, as I was familiar with most of the brewers there, and the ones I wasn't familiar with I wasn't especially blown away by. Schlafly's and Bell's are two faves of mine, and they didn't disappoint, but I also liked Sweetwater's offerings, especially their session ale. Seems like the big thing g this year was grape fruit and other citrus brews, which I'm not a big fan of. I feel like sessions are my thing now, because the hop arms race has left moat ipas tasting the same, and I appreciate the sessions lighter touch and easy drinking. You?
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, there was a bigger selection of the citrus brews this year. I prefer those over the IPAs which was the big thing last year. I liked 50 W's blood orange (I also snagged some meatball sliders from there to accompany it). North coast's Hefeweizen was delicious. I absolutely hated long coast's great white which was surprising since I like witbiers.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 2016
    @OliviaD, did you mean Lost Coast Great White? Just curious, as it's produced in my town. It's one of the most popular beers here. Downtown Brown and Tangerine Wheat are other popular choices of theirs.
    Yes @Michelle. I want to combine their name with long trail lol. I really thought I would like it but it just tasted off for me.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    If you like citrus beers, try their Tangerine Wheat. An ice cold one is perfect on a hot day.
    OliviaD
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
    Michelle
    edited February 2016
    @A_Ron_Hubbard since you like bell's, I thought I'd share this with you. This place is in my neck of the woods, so it's a bit of a drive for an east sider, but really cool place to check out

http://martys-hopsandvines.com/events/#prettyPhoto

Bell's tasting on the 24th

A_Ron_Hubbard
This discussion has been closed.