The Newsroom

Tonight is the series finale. I'd love to talk about a show that started off a joke in its first season, greatly improved yet forgettable in season two, before ultimately flirting with greatness with no one watching in season 3. Am I crazy? Jim is loving it too, so I don't think I'm totally insane.

Comments

• WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    Sorkin's stuff is way too "whiz-bang" for me, but the wife has been watching the show recently and pretty much agrees with you guys' take. She finds the character relationships annoying and the female characters obnoxiously written as "crazy and annoying". She finds the third season more interesting since it's been focused on the new stories, but having watched the last episode feels like it's getting a little over-the-top this season.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Oh boy. Five minutes in and I regret everything I just wrote. Haha.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Well, the show ended as it lived, equal parts awesome, gross, and cheesy as hell.
  • Last week's episode pushed me over the edge. The series finale wasn't much better.
  • Not a huge fan of the finale. It's crazy but I ended up liking Maggie / Jim more than Sloan / Don by the end of the series. I couldn't stand these brilliant, focused people being complete morons half the time in service of the (not particularly funny) comedy. Really annoying.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited December 2014

Well, the show ended as it lived, equal parts awesome, gross, and cheesy as hell.

Considering news in general is the story of people, and nobody's more awesome, gross, and cheesy as people, I'd say it's fitting.
  • Dude you're not crazy I enjoyed the last episode.. I'll admit I was half hate watching half guilty pleasure watching this show for the longest time but finally gave in and realized I really liked this show. I honestly wish I could hear you guys talk about it on a podcast. Not sure how you would do it maybe like a half-ass season 3 cast?
This discussion has been closed.