Movies considered crap that you enjoy.

What badly rated films do you enjoy?

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I will defend Grease 2 until the day I die.
    BourbonQueen
  • I'm assuming there's a differentiation here between "so bad it's good," like Troll 2, and a movie that just considered plain bad.

I don't have a singular film to mention, but I will say that I like Dwayne Johnson's movies more than most people. I thought Snitch was a really good movie, and oddly enough I enjoyed Pain and Gain, though I feel like I need to take a shower after admitting that in public.
  • I used to watch The Experts starring John Travolta all the time in college. It was on HBO almost every day circa 1990/91.

Part of that could have also been just wanting to watch Kelly Preston.
  • From Justin to Kelly. That is all.
    Michelle
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    This probably doesn’t fit the required parameters, but it *is* marvelously terrible.

• manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    OK, Barry Lyndon bombed when it first came out, but now? 
  • OK, Barry Lyndon bombed when it first came out, but now? 

Barry Lyndon is one of those movies that does seem to get better with age.  I thought it was fairly well received, just not a financial success.  Though a lot of Kubrick's movies were not received well when first released, including The Shining.
    AntManBeemanhattnik
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Hudson Hawk!
    Frakkin TOliviaDTravis
  • 2 just of the top of my head Angel Heart Black Snake Moan
    Frakkin T
  • MichelleMichelle California
    The Wedding Planner, Sweet Home Alabama
    Frakkin TOliviaD
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois

I'm assuming there's a differentiation here between "so bad it's good," like Troll 2, and a movie that just considered plain bad.

I don't have a singular film to mention, but I will say that I like Dwayne Johnson's movies more than most people. I thought Snitch was a really good movie, and oddly enough I enjoyed Pain and Gain, though I feel like I need to take a shower after admitting that in public.

I specifically love "Doom", most people pan it as a bad video game movie but for some reason I really like it.  I also liked the movie version of Silent Hill and the sequel.  

• Euro Trip. Just find it hilarious and the Matt Damon cameo is legendary
    Frakkin TOliviaDGary
  • Speaking of The Rock. Also a big fan of the Rundown. Not sure what it is but enjoy it.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited February 2016
    Iron Man 2 is my favorite MCU phase 1 movie. Also I loved Freddy vs Jason, Alien vs Predator, and Prometheus.

• FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    I'm going old school. Steven Spielberg 1941. Everyone said it Spielbergs worst film but I love it. So funny and John Belushi as Capt. Wild Bill Kelso. Genius!
  • This is pretty tough since I mostly stay away from movies that have been panned by people I know and critics. I guess I'll go with The Punisher (Thomas Jane) and Terminator 3. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Also, the Hannah Montana movie. I don't actively seek it out, but every time it's on I'll watch the entire thing.

I know. lol
  • Crimson Tide. It's the kind of movie people find cheesy, but I actually loved the dialogue and acting in it.
    Gary
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    edited February 2016
    Pirates of the Caribbean 4. I think it scored big with me by not having Will and Elizabeth in it. And Discount Will and Elizabeth didn't bother me.
  • Bad Boys. I don't know, it's dumb fun.
    TaraC73
  • I feel a slight degree of shame, but I think I've watched Disturbing Behavior about 15 times. To this day, I almost never refer to James Marsden by name. I just call him Disturbing Behavior. It's so ridiculous, but it's also hilarious and the only reason that I don't necessarily chalk it up to "so bad it's good" is because I whole heartedly believe they intended to make that movie. I can't remember if this actually happened or if this was my friends and I bouncing around speculations about how that movie could happen, but somehow I remember a narrative of the writer having ridiculous re-write after ridiculous re-write requested of him, stripping away everything he liked about the movie he wrote until he handed in a magnificent "fuck you" to the studios that they actually green lit.

Also, it doesn't qualify because it is on the short list for the worst movies I've ever seen, but this thread reminds me of how proud I am of the people who made House of the Dead for actually splicing crappy video game footage into the movie. I'm not sure if the person in charge of that decision should be given an award or never work again.

• Godfather 3
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • Legend
  • Hatorian said:

Euro Trip. Just find it hilarious and the Matt Damon cameo is legendary

I still catch myself singing Scotty Doesn't Know 
    Hatorian
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited February 2016
    Well, "Belly" has a 13% on Rotten Tomatoes, but is considered a cult classic. I'm part of the cult. Belly is easily one of my favorite movies, and I watch it at least once a year. Great style, interesting story, loads of unintentional comedy, tons of quotes, and easily the best depiction of Nebraska ever seen on film. Not just an entertaining movie either; it happens to show a practical, yet lesser known use for Saran wrap, Vaseline, and duct tape. Yep, all in all I would say Belly is a class A flick, and Rotten Tomatoes can go fuck themselves. Also, fuck a book!

Oh yeah, and I love Waterworld.
    mileswarrin
  • brewseveltbrewsevelt Boston, MA
    edited February 2016
    The Replacements

• 2 just of the top of my head Angel Heart Black Snake Moan

I Angel Heart supposed to be a "bad movie?" That's a great movie!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hatorian said:

Speaking of The Rock. Also a big fan of the Rundown. Not sure what it is but enjoy it.

The Rundown is a heart breaker kind of movie.  Arnold passing the torch, some legitimately awesome action sequences, Rosario Dawson was jaw droppingly, eyes shooting out of head and tongue flopping out and rolling on the floor hot and badass, and I didn't even mind the off-beat buddy bullshit or Walken's deranged big bad.  So much to love.  But then they get high off grape fruit and monkeys start raping their faces and it just goes off the rails.  The Rock could have been one of the all time greats, but has largely squandered his prime.  
    Hatorian
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I like the original Dune movie.  So what if you had to have read the book to make sense of it, I did, and it was fucking awesome.  I irrationally love Val Kilmer's The Saint, probably because Elizabeth Shue was my first crush from Adventures in Babysitting, but still. And I'm a big fan of the Cranked franchise, that gets a lot of scorn.  I, Robot was a perfectly serviceable action sci-fi flick, too.
    TravisTaraC73DummyAntManBeeadampaszNatter Cast
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Okay, it's a terrible movie, but my best friend made me watch Just Friends so we could quote something besides Mean Girls.  Anna Faris is hilarious as a Britney Spears parody.

I also loved Face/Off for John Travolta and Nicolas Cage mimicking each other and the utter ridiculousness of Nicolas Cage.
    TravisTaraC73MichaelGGary[Deleted User]