Billions [Showtime]

JaredMJaredM Langley, BC
edited February 2016 in Other TV
Not sure if there is a previous topic but couldn't find one recently.

What is everyone's thoughts so far? I did not expect much (especially with the trailers), but after a few episodes I am really starting to enjoy it, faults and all. I can work with the cons of the show because I think there is a lot of different things the writers can work with

Comments

• I think it's pretty good. I'd give a LOOSE comparison to Mad Men, not in quality but in tone & style, somewhat.

Also Dale from TWD & (more prominently) Gale from Breaking Bad play enjoyably sleazy characters, so that's fun.
  • I'm really enjoying this show. Damian Lewis is great as the lead. I can't believe he has me rooting for him. Giamatti, as always, is spectacular.

That episode about flying to Montreal for the Metallica show was so much fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  • JaredMJaredM Langley, BC
    Right? @AntManBee ? ,,I am actually a bit conflicted with both characters. Really enjoying what Damian Lewis is bringing to the table and Giamatti never disappoints.

What do you and @DallasJacksonG4 think about the sexual dynamic they are throwing in? Clearly that has to come back and haunt Giamatti's character later, right?
    AntManBee
  • JaredM said:

What do you and @DallasJacksonG4 think about the sexual dynamic they are throwing in? Clearly that has to come back and haunt Giamatti's character later, right?

Yeah, especially after he went out in public to that S&M club to do that phone sex thing. That has to come back and bite him. That and I could see his assistant Connerty getting into multiple trysts, which could become scandalous.