Guilty Pleasure Viewing

MichelleMichelle California
edited February 2016 in Other TV
In the same vein (sort of) as the "Movies Considered Crap..." thread, what do you consider your guilty pleasure TV viewing?  For me, it's The Real Housewives of Atlanta/Beverly Hills, How To Get Away With Murder, The People's Couch (*love*), Project Runway, and The Voice.  All of these are just purely for when I want to unwind without thinking too much.  :) 

Comments

• Bar Rescue  

The funny thing is the lead consultant I just hired on a project we are working on is Jon Taffer in every respect - look, facial expression, voice...it's uncanny and I can't not notice it in every meeting.

• edited February 2016
    Antiques Roadshow.  
  • Impractical Jokers
    bizmarkiefader
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline

Antiques Roadshow.  

YES

• Man, at this point I'd have to say most of my guilty tv pleasures involve political shows or coverage, especially of the absurdly conservative variety. Anything on Fox News, especially involving Bill O'Reilly or Megan Kelly. And these republican debates have become appointment viewing for me. I just cannot avert me eyes.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    DrKen said:

Bar Rescue  

The funny thing is the lead consultant I just hired on a project we are working on is Jon Taffer in every respect - look, facial expression, voice...it's uncanny and I can't not notice it in every meeting.

Dude, I love Bar Rescue. I am also a huge Gordon Ramsay fan. I completely realize it is garbage, but hearing that man swear at the incompetence around him is supremely entertaining.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I'll admit to having enjoyed the first few seasons of Glee before they aged the original cast out.

Empire is hella trashy but I definitely get a kick out of it!
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Another one of mine is Who Do You Think You Are. I've been working on my family tree for years, so this one is part guilty pleasure, part useful info.
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited February 2016
    The Walking Dead 
    ElisaBourbonQueenTaraC73Nathan
  • @Hatorian There is no shame in Impractical Jokers, that show is amazing. 

I like The Flash and Gotham. They barely make any sense but you never feel lost and they move fast enough to cover up a lot of what doesn't work with punching psychic gorillas and alternate realities and time travel.
    HatorianTaraC73Nathan
  • Conspiracy/UFO/deepweb videos on youtube
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    The Client List when it was on, but in my defense my wife actually liked the show & i saw it for Jennifer Love Hewitt. HA
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Empire, TWD, The 100
  • DrKen said:

I am also a huge Gordon Ramsay fan. I completely realize it is garbage, but hearing that man swear at the incompetence around him is supremely entertaining. 

I am a huge Gordon Ramsay fan.  I took my boyfriend to his schmancy steak house in Vegas when we were there for his birthday.  We wanted to see if it lived up to his hype and demands for perfect food, service, and quality.  I've got to say it delivered 100%.  We also went to his pub there and had amazing cocktails and munchies.  He's pretty legit on how he runs his places.

DrKen said:

I am also a huge Gordon Ramsay fan. I completely realize it is garbage, but hearing that man swear at the incompetence around him is supremely entertaining. 

I am a huge Gordon Ramsay fan.  I took my boyfriend to his schmancy steak house in Vegas when we were there for his birthday.  We wanted to see if it lived up to his hype and demands for perfect food, service, and quality.  I've got to say it delivered 100%.  We also went to his pub there and had amazing cocktails and munchies.  He's pretty legit on how he runs his places.
    A workplace where your employees are feared of being called a donkey and having their intelligence ridiculed is the way to success!

Also--are you excited about Hotel Hell returning?
    adobo1148 said:

Top Chef

Yes! 
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I UNASHAMEDLY (is that a word) dvr Beverly hills 90210 reruns off POP network...  For food shows, I like Chopped.  Can't tell you when it's actually on, but the dvr catches them.
    Frakkin TMichelle
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    My new guilty pleasure this year is Blindspot on NBC. It's an FBI procedural with an ongoing mystery element and it contains absolutely nothing that surprises you or makes you think.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited February 2016

@Hatorian There is no shame in Impractical Jokers, that show is amazing. 

It is a great show. Only reason I mentioned it as guilty viewing was I showed one of my British friends here in Singapore and he scoffed at is as poor American humor and didn't like it. So wasn't sure if others felt that way too. 
  • @TaraC73 I am totally with you on reruns of 90210 on POP.  If I have to work from home or am home sick, that show is on until Fraiser reruns start on another channel.

@Garthgou81 I am pretty excited about Hotel Hell.  Although, between his restaurants and hotel revamps, they tend to still fold some time after he shows up.  So, either they resort back to old habits or he isn't really helping much.  I will say that watching his shows have made me more aware of what's being served to me in restaurants.  I used to keep my mouth shut if it was terrible and never say anything.  
    TaraC73
    @BourbonQueen Do you now slam your fist on the table and yell "Its RAW!!!!!"? Because if not--you should.
    Michelle
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 2016
    I feel no shame, but as far as the spirit of the thread goes there are definitely some programs that I view regularly that I suppose would fit.
    1. I love the People's Court. This is a new discovery for me. I never really watched it because I never saw a need, but my wife had it on once or twice and I got totally hooked. I guess that as much as I would love to deny it passing snap judgments on people's crap is pretty fun.
    2. I watch more or less 4 hours of the CW a week, and I kind of wish I had the time to add a 5th.
    3. I fell off of Gotham because there are just too many shows that I watch to have time for it, but I was having a lot of fun with season 2 and I guarantee you that I will be getting back to it once it hits Netflix.
    5. My wife and I see So You Think You Can Dance as appointment viewing. We bet on the outcome every year and totally hang on every elimination. I have favorite choreographers and ones that I hate and full on opinions on past contestants. The whole 9. We didn't start until a few seasons in, but starting when we started I'm an actual fan. (ok, maybe not shame, but I suppose I do have a little bit of embarrassment)
    6. I haven't watched it in a few years, but if loving Top Chef is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    7. Oh, and I totally watched all of Heroes: Reborn. Disappointing as all hell, but they sucked me in with "well if they do it just right this could all work out pretty cool." Spoiler alert, they don't. Even still, if they do another season I bet I'll watch that too because I'm a ridiculous sucker.
    Michelle
  • @BourbonQueen Do you now slam your fist on the table and yell "Its RAW!!!!!"? Because if not--you should.

I don't slam my fist on the table.  Don't want to risk spilling my bourbon.  =)
    Michelle
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    MTV's the Challenge. My roommates made me start watching it, and I have to say it sucked me in. I've been able to stay away from joining them in watching Teen Wolf at least.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    90 Day Fiance ;o)
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Oh!! Just thought of another one. My daughter (9 years old) got me hooked on Dancing With The Stars!! I can't miss it; I watch behind the scenes shit on their YouTube channel; I am hooked!!
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Drunkin Slut Doctors AKA Greys Anatomy
    TravisTaraC73
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    House Hunters! Even the ridiculous Tiny House Hunters. My lady and I can always rely on that show as a compromise. 
    MichelleTravis
    American Pickers, anyone?