It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

After a quick search I couldn't find an existing thread for this so figured I would create one. Season 11 hasn't been the strongest one but this last episode(7) was hilarious. Definitely the best one of the season. They really should give this show more than 10 episodes a year. 
No Half Measures....

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I think FX would be happy to have more episodes. Its more likely the creators who put the brakes on, on that front. Its a lot of content to produce...especially after over 100 episodes. The well starts to dry up.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yep, the Frank POV and the skiing episode were the best in my opinion.  I was pumped for the Poyle v Ponderosa episode, but I thought that was a letdown. 
    Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Singapore
    edited February 2016
    Those 2 are definitely the other standouts from this season. This season has more misses than hits so far. Hopefully they end strong. But for this episode I just couldn't stop cracking up with the fake hands and Maureen as a Cat. Also was that G. Del Toro as the old man Poyle? Thought I heard he played him in the massacre episode but for some reason it didn't really look like him.
    No Half Measures....
  • Charlie doing the "Greico" thing was pretty funny especially when Cricket called him out on being weird
    Hatorian
    Shit, you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
  • I always enjoy each episode of Sunny. Some may hit higher than others but I can always take a few things from each EP that I had to rewind on because I was laughing so much.

Off the top of my head the Suburbs EP - Mac feeding him the dog and the pool cleaner awkwardness.

Art Gallery EP - Frank with the wig acting like.... somebody

Frank POV - Frank in his mind saying if Mac touches him he's going to freak the fuck out, then sort of does at the end

Im blanking on others but I still need to watch this week's EP so I'll be back
    Hatorian
  • JamesJames southern California
    I guess one could argue that Maureen transitioning into a cat and Charlie's cousin with the giant fake hands is taking the silliness too over-the-top, but it worked for me! I couldn't stop laughing. When Dee was trying to call The Lawyer a Jew and a dirty liar without it sounding anti-Semitic (I kept flashing on the home movies of her and Dennis at "summer camp"), I just about lost it...
    Hatorian
  • I really enjoyed the episode where Frank got amnesia (or a brain injury) and they tried going back into past events in order to manipulate Frank.  I just enjoyed the call backs to the past episodes and how ultimately, everything still repeated itself and Frank went back to normal by the end.

I know I was really disappointed with Chardee Macdennis 2.  The first one was awesome (and probably in my top 5 of episodes) but the second left me really disappointed.

Hatorian
    Dude. Glen Howerton might be leaving the show?

http://screenrant.com/its-always-sunny-glenn-howerton-leave/

Apparently season 13 may not happen or could get delayed? WTF? How did we go from the best season in a Long time to potentially today's episode being the last one???

On a side note I am quite interested in Glenn and Patton Oswalt's show..
    No Half Measures....
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    This show will come to an end sooner than later.  I imagine the temptation to go out strong is very high.
  • Still got two more seasons on contract, hope they get those made at least.

This latest season was very strong, Dennis is the most important character on the show as far as I'm concerned, hope they don't continue without him.

• I think it would be smart for him to move on if he has another thing lined up. I already have a hard time not looking at any actor from that show and only thinking of him as a character from that show. I never got over Liam McPoyle being in "Westworld", and I always saw Glen Howerton as Dennis in "Fargo". It sucks that they are moving on, but it's for the best. 

yea. i guess you could say this season really closes the series for the most part. 

1. Mac comes out as gay

2. Charlie gets the waitress and now he hates it

3. Dennis goes to live a normal boring monogamous life in ND

4. Dee is rock bottom. and thats just what she is going to always be.

even the secondary characters like Maureen and Cricket got some closure.The only one who don't get much closure is Frank but he was never meant to be a part of the original group and played the money man for most of the series. it would be disappointing for it to end but i guess its better to go out on such a great season. 

No Half Measures....
  • I really, really thought all the cards had been set up perfectly for Cricket to get hit with a rocket :-( They were being so unusually nice to him.

As for Dennis, I actually feel like the show could pull off an abridged Dennis character that isn't always around. His arc of craziness may very well go beyond simple Gang schemes and debauchery. It almost would have been better to have had the Murderer episode be based on actual real suspicion, leaving the seed of potential for some truly psychotic (and hilarious) behavior down the line.
    I really think the last scene was really exactly how they talked in the Writers room. Dennis(glen) said he was done and wants to move on but the others were like nah. We want to continue on. They left it open enough for Glen to come back but also seemed like they would continue without him.
    No Half Measures....
  • The show's transition will be interesting if Dennis isn't around anymore.  Granted, they could always do some sort of Skype/facetime thing with him if they want/need to bring him back for a quick scene or two.  But still, the gang won't exactly be the same without Dennis around.
    I didn't even realise it until the last episode but the whole North Dakota thing was definitely meta commentary on Dennis' role in Fargo. Season 10 episode 1 which was when the episode aired would have been around the same time Fargo season 1 aired.
    No Half Measures....
  • trippytrippy Saint Louis
    I think the season's been good.   I just don't think they'll ever be able to top their christmas episode where Charlie and Mac are walking through their various christmas traditions.  The couch "giving birth" to a naked Frank...

"did you fuck my mom!!! did you FUCK MY MOM"   holy crap so funny.
    _____
    Nothing says 'This situation is serious' like a corpse on the floor.
    -Anon.
  • So what do you people think the best season of IASIP is? I've thought about it a few times, and I always choose season 7. My top reasons are:
    • Fat Mac
    • Chardee MacDennis
    • Rum Ham
    • Reason will prevail
    • Thundergun Express
    • High School Reunion
    The ones that I think come closest are Season 4 and Season 9. They have also never made a poor season, so I could see any argument, but I don't think you can convince me that another season should make the top 3. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    @Dummy Yeah Season 7 is pretty solid when you point out all those moments. Chardee MacDennis is probably my favorite episode of the series. 
    Dummy
    Hard to choose a Favourite season cuz each season has 3-4 great episodes, 3-4 good ones and 2-4 ok/bad ones. There's not much change of quality between the Seasons.

If I had to choose one it would probably Be 4 or 5.
    No Half Measures....
  • Add in The Gang Gets Trapped into the season 7 episodes.  Another solid episode in that season.
  • If I had to pick 1 it would be S4.
    If I had to pick 2 it would be S4,S5.
    If I had to pick 3 it would be S4,S5,S6.

Those 3 Seasons are SOLID.

I have enjoyed every season and every episode. Some episodes are clearly better than others.