The Godfather

edited December 2014 in Movies
Just listened to the Bald Movie podcast and I loved it.

I'm really looking forward to Part II next week.

One thing from the book that's not in the movie that I thought was insane was Luca Brasi's backstory. How that whole thing went down still gives me the shivers.

Being mostly Italian myself, I think my favorite scenes are the ones that involve the cultural stuff like the opening wedding scene and the time spent in Sicily.

I hope you guys talk more about Fredo in the Part II cast. I love John Cazale. I thought he was also great in The Conversation, Dog Day Afternoon and The Deer Hunter.

Comments

• ReelHeadReelHead Bochum, Germany
    edited December 2014
    We really, REALLY need a regular scheduled "Bald Movies"-cast! I enjoyed this one so much :smile:
  • @ReelHead‌ totally agree, this was one of my favorite casts ever, I'm biased because Godfather is the greatest film ever made IMO and i felt that come across from J&A, + A.Ron's background knowledge and Jim's personal connection, I can't wait for part 2
  • I'm glad you all enjoyed it so much. We're watching Part II today for a podcast on Friday so stay tuned for more.

In the meantime, if you want another really great podcast that shows a ton of love to movies (and also tv), check out Remember When with Jay and Parris. Those guys are a lot like us, just 2 dudes who aren't in the industry but love movies / tv. I don't listen when they talk about stuff I don't care about but man, they're awesome when they get going on a movie I like. Their Star Wars coverage is top notch, imo.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    @Jim My sister Tara QC was about to commission you guys to do Godfather. Heads up, I think she's gonna ask you to do Jaws.
  • @FrakkinToaster‌ Oh, sweet. I can definitely talk about Jaws for a while.
  • Those of you in Austrailia. ABC is playing the trilogy after christmas.
  • Loved the Godfather podcasts, thank you, gave me some new insight. Jim mentioned 'Dog Day Afternoon' as a good movie before Al Pacino became "Al Pacino". That is a great movie and one A.Ron should check out. Pacino and John Cazale are magnificent.
  • Awesome podcast. And I second the vote for more movie podcasts!!
  • @uberlandx‌ I completely forgot that Cazale is in Dog Day Afternoon. He was great in that. I said I hadn't seen him in anything but I was wrong.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Damn, great thread on reddit regarding Cazale today. Learned a TON from it. http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/2q4cxk/til_john_cazale_fredo_corleone_from_the_godfather/
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    "I Knew It Was You: Rediscovering John Cazale" is a solid documentary about his career and impact. Up until seeing it I didn't even know he died young and had only been in five films.
  • Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Thanks I didn't know about this podcast, need to check it out. I unsubscribed to the movies podcast just cause it was too few and far between, consistency is king in podcasting and I have a decent backlog already. Guess there's no harm in staying subscribed and just being pleasantly surprised with a new release once in a while.