IDEA: Bald Give Aways of Memorabilia

Yet another idea on how to add a little more value to premium subscriptions. Big  Youtubers frequently do give aways daily or weekly to give them a edge.

It might be interesting and fun to do a weekly give away for premium subscribers for cool rare memorabilia like actual set props from the show being cast.  Stuff like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-SEASON-3-PART-2-ANDREW-LINCOLN-RICK-MEMORABILIA-CARD-M38-/201519679908?hash=item2eeb8249a4:g:KnsAAOSwyQtV2olo or signed comics or anything cool like that that might put a few 100 ppl who have been thinking about subscribing over the edge.

I would say it does not have to be premium subscribers IF Bald Move had some sort of a viral lever implemented aka  "Share this weeks cast on Twitter to be entered to win"

Just a idea to ponder.....commence angry mob shredding it to pieces and attempting to find elaborate ways this idea would some how benefit me personally.
TaraC73

Comments

• What in the world is an authentic wardrobe trading card?

Anyway, actual set props sound kind of expensive but they could do stuff from their own studio or stuff mentioned on lunches like the actual shit used to shit the sink or those chia zombie things.
    TaraC73
  • If they or someone on the forums volunteered to hunt for this kind of stuff im positive you could find a ton of cool, but within price range stuff that ppl would actually want as a prize. Right now I feel like Bald Move probably has about 50k ppl who are right on the fence regarding going premium, they just need that one weekly show , give away or thing to tip the value scales and push them over the edge to the point they go through the whole web based subscribing process....i think for most ppl its just a matter of being too lazy to go to the actual site....this could be the carrot that leads them to the water.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    ReniFlashGordonTaraC73GredalBeehypergenesbtom_gDaveyMacCecily
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited February 2016
    I'm just kidding above; I think it's a good idea. I love contests, even though I never win, except that time I won a Bon Jovi CD which I am pretty sure @TaraC73 stole.
    TaraC73Travis
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited February 2016

@Frakkin T You Give Love A Bad Name!! :p
    Frakkin T
  • edited February 2016
    My idea is to enable the "ignore" feature for users.  So people don't have to keep seeing these idea threads pop up.

But since this is acceptable, I'd like to see a better site layout and a fan page.  Did you know Bald Move has a really well-done and descriptive studio page? Unfortunately, I don't know how you would find it without a link. What else is hidden on here guys? (http://baldmove.com/studio/)

A page for fan art would be really cool and would possibly encourage more.  I'd love to see some high quality pictures of the Lego studio replica that one guy made!
    TaraC73ChuckKellyMofojones333
  • I'd be willing to pay at least $5 for a rookie A.Ron card.
    TaraC73TravisChuckKelly
  • GredalBee I saved a handful of those photos to my iPhone before I sent it and posted them in the visitor posts section of the BM Facebook page about 2 weeks ago I'm not sure how to post them in a forum though. I'd be happy to email them if it's something that interested you.
  • I love that you guys are always looking to add more value for the members. You don't need too, but the sincerity rings loud.

Kinda an outdated promotional tactic, but I'm a t-shirt guy and I know I'd sport a Bald Move shirt to spread the word. Of course, it would have to be a work of art and not some Marlboro Miles purchased rags...

I'd be happy to submit some designs, maybe caricatures? Infamous A.Ron and Jim quotes? Something like a local radio station would hand out, "I listen to The Watching Dead. Only on WBLD" (insert BM logo).

Anyways, could be nice give aways and and source of moola in the "Bald Move Store"?

I think most of us would show allegiance in the form of tshirt, or hat, sticker, etc. hey, its advertising!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited February 2016
    Add me into the t-shirt pool. I was scoping out what you have available and I must've not been in on some of the in-jokes featured on those. But I'll definitely pick one up if I dig it enough.

That or a sticker. I'd happily through one of those on my laptop.
    TaraC73
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    i would be down for a Bald Move T-Shirt or Baseball Cap. The conversations alone would be worth it. people asking me if i'm wearing the shirt to support bald people or something HA. then i can spread the Bald Move Movement with my breakdown of my T-Shirt of Cap!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    You know, it might be time to try another Merch push.  We've traditionally been disappointed in how it turns out, but we keep getting bigger so it might work.  We don't have the greatest designs, we need more.  Any suggestions?

The Bald Move memorabilia idea has some legs, too.  Not the official studio stuff, although as you point out that stuff is expensive and I can't imagine we'd benefit with a contest.  Everyone says contests are a great way to spread the word, but everytime we've had one, even with fairly great prizes, the response has been tepid.  We've given away Kindle Fires, tickets to popular and sold out cons, prize packages with cool loot worth $75 easily, artwork, t-shirts, and the odd official studio merch, but it has a disappointing response and doesn't really move any needle I'm aware of.  Maybe we're doing it wrong, but we've traded them for likes, and shares, and reviews, creative email contests, signing up for a non-purchase account, adding to email lists, all the standard stuff, and they perform less well than if we just ask people to do these things out of the kindness of their hearts, which is weird, but nice. 

As far as "Bald Move" merch, we're not getting to the point that we have so much cool stuff at the studio that it will be time to give some away before we acquire new stuff. If it would make fans feel good to get a random chuck of Baldmove-i-cana, we might be able to make that happen. 
    TravisBrawn
    @A_Ron_Hubbard i was thinking something simple. a black baseball cap with a B and M overlapping like the NY Mets or Yankess Baseball cap style would be sweet to rock or just the logo that you open your live watch or Lunch with on a T-Shirt would be cool.
    My Fiesta De Lori T shirt is in frequent rotation :)
  • You know, it might be time to try another Merch push.  We've traditionally been disappointed in how it turns out, but we keep getting bigger so it might work.  We don't have the greatest designs, we need more.  Any suggestions?

The Bald Move memorabilia idea has some legs, too.  Not the official studio stuff, although as you point out that stuff is expensive and I can't imagine we'd benefit with a contest.  Everyone says contests are a great way to spread the word, but everytime we've had one, even with fairly great prizes, the response has been tepid.  We've given away Kindle Fires, tickets to popular and sold out cons, prize packages with cool loot worth $75 easily, artwork, t-shirts, and the odd official studio merch, but it has a disappointing response and doesn't really move any needle I'm aware of.  Maybe we're doing it wrong, but we've traded them for likes, and shares, and reviews, creative email contests, signing up for a non-purchase account, adding to email lists, all the standard stuff, and they perform less well than if we just ask people to do these things out of the kindness of their hearts, which is weird, but nice. 

As far as "Bald Move" merch, we're not getting to the point that we have so much cool stuff at the studio that it will be time to give some away before we acquire new stuff. If it would make fans feel good to get a random chuck of Baldmove-i-cana, we might be able to make that happen. 
    I have the feeling it might be bc your doing it wrong....were you having people tweet or post/share something in order to be entered?  There has to be some sort of outward viral loop attached to it and yeah I would be willing to help with merch design, I think we could put together some good stuff.
  • Wonder if anyone would buy a "Im with Jesus"  shirt...
    TaraC73
  • mike_kmike_k Sunnyvale CA
    How bout a shirt that says 'Mildly Interesting'
    ryanfosterA_Ron_HubbardSheIsGeekyOliviaDDaveyMacDeeDancesWithWookiesBrawn
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Mildly interesting, for the win.
    A T-Shirt with the QYP Logo of the Silouette of J&A on it. 
    DrKenTaraC73
  • The only example I can think of at the moment is Deana/Janeway, which may not make the best shirt but I think it would be hilarious to make a character shirt for a character where Bald Move habitually calls them by a totally different name. For instance a shirt with a picture of Deana and the name Janeway dramatically shown as the character's name.
    TaraC73
  • Travis said:

The only example I can think of at the moment is Deana/Janeway, which may not make the best shirt but I think it would be hilarious to make a character shirt for a character where Bald Move habitually calls them by a totally different name. For instance a shirt with a picture of Deana and the name Janeway dramatically shown as the character's name.

Oh but they have to do a one for American Horror Story's Dennis O'Hare but with the name Russell Edgerton =}
    TravisCecily
  • @SheIsGeeky That's much better! I knew there were better examples but Deana was the only one that would come to mind.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I'm totally in for a Mildly Interesting t-shirt.
  • I'm only mildly interested in this Mildly Interesting t-shirt.
    SheIsGeeky
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I would totally buy a Mildly Interesting Bald Move shirt if you had some printed up.  Maybe a shot glass or something drinking related as well.  
    MichelleSheIsGeeky
    @SheIsGeeky i would buy that!
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Luke said:

I would totally buy a Mildly Interesting Bald Move shirt if you had some printed up.  Maybe a shot glass or something drinking related as well.  

Old fashioneds! They could have an On the Rocks logo on them! @ A_Ron_Hubbard make it so!
    Travis
  • TaraC73 said:

@SheIsGeeky i would buy that!

Me too even though I got it wrong lol it's Edgington ooops :)
    TaraC73
  • I just don't see how any memorabilia give away works when you charge people $12 a year. If you gave a Tshirt or a hat out each week($10-$15 plus shipping) then that's basically 50 annual subscribers worth of cash. So this giveaway would need to bring in at least 50 new subscribers a year to even break even and I don't see a weekly Tshirt giveaway doing that.

the best way to generate more premium subscribers is simply increase/improve the content. which I think the guys are on the right track with everything they are rolling out since the Christmas break.

If you really want to do some memorabilia stuff then it needs to be tied to Twitter/Facebook/iTunes in a way and would probably be more successful doing a bigger prize once a year rather than smaller prizes often.

You also have to think that these social media giveaways usually work for businesses that sell goods and market those goods on said social media sites. Podcasting is a different animal and may not have the same success in using these types of marketing ploys to generate new business.
    TaraC73Michelle
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited March 2016
    If I was to recommend something to get more premium subscribers off the top of my head is maybe you package a years subscription with a commissioned podcast. Someone pays $250 for a commissioned podcast and they get a year of premium content included in that purchase. The hope would be that once they become a premium member for free for the first year they would renew after that first free year. And it doesn't cost the guys any money besides the $12 off the $250.

EDIT: I don't know what percentage of commissioners are not premium members but if it's something like under 70-80% then maybe it's something to be considered. Obviously doesn't make sense if 100% of commissioners are already premium.

2nd EDIT: you could also consider a referall program where someone who refers a Friend gets a 10-20% discount off their own premium fee.
    TaraC73