Fantasy Baseball (BaseBalldMove?)

Hey everybody,

Could be preaching to an empty church here, but...

Any baseball fans out there interested in participating in a fantasy baseball league this year?  I don't recall the specifics of how the football league managed to secure a commissioned 'cast as a prize, but we could look into that.  Worst case, we just divide the cost by 12 (or how many members we get) and purchase it in the store according to the winners request.

Fantasy baseball is a little more intensive than football, and requires a little more time, so I'm not sure how much interest is really out there for it. That said, I'm down for participating and serve as commissioner if no one else wants to.  I'm up to negotiate the specific rules, but figure standard ESPN Roto rules (5x5 categories), line-ups set weekly (unless people want to do daily), draft type probably snake, unless the mob wants auction.

If no interest, no worries,  I will just get back to updating my excel formulas and quietly crying on my keyboard. 

Comments

• as the commissioner for the football league it worked like this. $25 entry that Aron/Jim put up on the store for 10 slots. Winner got a commissioned podcast from the $250. but they needed to pay the $25 entry to get into the league. if you have 12 then I guess you could either keep it at $25 per and help the guys out or divide the 250/12. 

I would probably join the league but I don't want to be the commissioner. I'll manage the football one but baseball isn't my strong suit and id like to give someone else the ability to run it if they wanted to. That way if i do win i don't get accused of rigging the system.. :) haha

If you are serious about the league just email Aron and he can set it up for you. I would be happy to join if we got at least 10. 
    MichaelG
  • i would wait to see you get 10 people that say yes before asking Aron/Jim to do any work setting up the payment. For football we barely got 10 and the final slot filled the night before the draft. Baseball might be harder to get 10. 
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Oh man, I wish I would've known about the football league. I would've loved to have joined. What a cool payout.
  • MichaelGMichaelG Seattle
    edited March 2016
    @Hatorian Right on, thanks for the response. I have no problem as commissioner. I've been comiss of a $50 football league for 5 years running, so I'm no stranger to that side of it. Let's see the response we get.
  • Oh man, I wish I would've known about the football league. I would've loved to have joined. What a cool payout.

get in on next year!
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Hatorian said:

Oh man, I wish I would've known about the football league. I would've loved to have joined. What a cool payout.

get in on next year!
    Believe me, I will haha. Already counting down the days until the new season. I'll be there!
    HatorianTaraC73
  • I'm bummed I missed the fantasy football league too.  I was on the boards occasionally then too, it must have been during True Detective Season 2.....
    Hatorian
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I'm in for the football next year too :)
    Baseball is definitely not my thing but I love our little BM community!! :)
    Hatorian
  • Bumping this up to see if there's any interest.
    MichaelG