Last Movie You Saw & What Did you Think

15758596163

Comments

  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    ken hale said:
    fidoz said:
    The Little Hours -  Garfagnana, Italy, 1347. The handsome servant Masseto, fleeing from his vindictive master, takes shelter in a nunnery where three young nuns, Sister Alessandra, Sister Ginevra and Sister Fernanda, try unsuccessfully to find out what their purpose in life is, a conundrum that each of them faces in different ways…

    Director Jeff Baene has honed his skill of taking large casts of very funny people and making them not funny at all. It takes a special person to make a movie with John C. Reilly, Aubrey Plaza, Allison Brie, Nick Offerman, Molly Shannon, Kete Micucci and Fred Armisan this bland. 

    Netflix
    I watched about five minutes of this after seeing the cast, and yeah it's complete dogshit.  Aubrey Plaza's anachronistic dialog is the only thing I remember, and I hated it.  That's a hilarious takedown of the director.  I don't know what else he's made, but I'm gonna say he deserves the criticism.
    He most recently directed Horse Girl with Alison Brie. Another movie that has garnered a ton of hate. But I enjoyed it as a mind-trip of a movie.
    ken hale
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Jeezum McCrow dude Class Action Park is fucking NUTS! haha

    reminds me of an oldie but a goodie
    https://youtu.be/fU14VqcPIDo

    “I AINT AFRAID OF NO ROLLEE COASTER!”
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    cdrive said:
    Jeezum McCrow dude Class Action Park is fucking NUTS! haha

    reminds me of an oldie but a goodie
    https://youtu.be/fU14VqcPIDo

    “I AINT AFRAID OF NO ROLLEE COASTER!”
    I just finished that! Holy cow! In general, I liked the documentary, but am a tad confused by the message. Though maybe that was intentionally done. Because all the park-goers they interviewed seemed conflicted by their own feelings on their relationship with the park. 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    cdrive said:
    Jeezum McCrow dude Class Action Park is fucking NUTS! haha

    reminds me of an oldie but a goodie
    https://youtu.be/fU14VqcPIDo

    “I AINT AFRAID OF NO ROLLEE COASTER!”
    I just finished that! Holy cow! In general, I liked the documentary, but am a tad confused by the message. Though maybe that was intentionally done. Because all the park-goers they interviewed seemed conflicted by their own feelings on their relationship with the park. 
    Yeah the way they wrapped it up was weird also with how they kinda gave the guy a pass in a way.  But I totally understand the conflict cause I too grew up in that crazy, unregulated 80s era where you kinda beat your chest proudly like “man the things we did in the 80s” but holy crap was it dumb and dangerous, and probably wouldn’t do it again having a 2nd go at it. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Tenet. Fucking awful. Fuck that movie.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    The Predator, actually haven't finished it yet.  Fell asleep last night, started again but decided coffee was more important this morning.
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Watched I'm Thinking of Ending Things and Class Action Park this week. Both were wild, in their own way of course. Enjoy them immensely. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Freddy said:
    Tenet. Fucking awful. Fuck that movie.
    I have no idea what this movie is about, all it makes me think of is David Tennant.
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    cdrive said:
    Jeezum McCrow dude Class Action Park is fucking NUTS! haha

    reminds me of an oldie but a goodie
    https://youtu.be/fU14VqcPIDo

    “I AINT AFRAID OF NO ROLLEE COASTER!”
    Me and a friend have quoted that Mr. Show for 20 years. Glad we're not alone.
    cdrive
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    ken hale said:
    fidoz said:
    The Little Hours -  Garfagnana, Italy, 1347. The handsome servant Masseto, fleeing from his vindictive master, takes shelter in a nunnery where three young nuns, Sister Alessandra, Sister Ginevra and Sister Fernanda, try unsuccessfully to find out what their purpose in life is, a conundrum that each of them faces in different ways…

    Director Jeff Baene has honed his skill of taking large casts of very funny people and making them not funny at all. It takes a special person to make a movie with John C. Reilly, Aubrey Plaza, Allison Brie, Nick Offerman, Molly Shannon, Kete Micucci and Fred Armisan this bland. 

    Netflix
    I watched about five minutes of this after seeing the cast, and yeah it's complete dogshit.  Aubrey Plaza's anachronistic dialog is the only thing I remember, and I hated it.  That's a hilarious takedown of the director.  I don't know what else he's made, but I'm gonna say he deserves the criticism.
    I think Joshy was the other movie I was talking about. It had Thomas Middleditch, Adam Palley, Nick Kroll, Jenny Slate, Aubrey Plaza, Allison Brie and Bret Gelman in it. It's not the complete shit show TLH is but not nearly as good as it could be in better hands.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    fidoz said:
    cdrive said:
    Jeezum McCrow dude Class Action Park is fucking NUTS! haha

    reminds me of an oldie but a goodie
    https://youtu.be/fU14VqcPIDo

    “I AINT AFRAID OF NO ROLLEE COASTER!”
    Me and a friend have quoted that Mr. Show for 20 years. Glad we're not alone.
    We need to merge already dude
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Having a LA Noir Labor Day. Chinatown, LA Confidential, The Big Sleep. 
  • Funny that you started The Predator recently @Cory because I was feeling watching a kick-ass 80s action movie and ended up settling in the original Predator. I've been meaning to watch it even since Jim and A.Ron did the review of it so now I can listen to their podcast. 

    Also continued the Samara Weaving obsession I've been on recently and watched The Babysitter on Netflix. That movie was way more fun than I expected it to be. It's a horror/comedy but definitely leans in to the comedy side of things. It's also chalked full of movie references that added to the fun. The kid in it actually wasn't completely annoying but as always Samara Weavings character and acting easily stole the show.

    Finally got around to watching American Ultra staring Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart. Another movie that was a lot of fun and had quite a bit of comedy added in that really worked for the film. I think I put this movie off so long because it has Kristen Stewart in it but I'm kind of coming around on her. 

    I closed up the weekend with another lighthearted movie called Se7en. I hadn't seen this movie for a while and just thought it was time to bring my happy laughing mood back down to reality. Such a damn good movie. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    awookiee said:
    I closed up the weekend with another lighthearted movie called Se7en. I hadn't seen this movie for a while and just thought it was time to bring my happy laughing mood back down to reality. Such a damn good movie. 
    I keep meaning to rewatch this. I have seen it countless times, but never on a decent TV and never in a high definition format with a decent surround sound system. This settles it, I am watching it tonight. I can't think of many other movies that make you feel like you are actually in the city that is show. I also like that it is some fictional, never-named city. David Fincher would have made a hell of a Batman movie.
    awookiee
  • awookiee said:
    I closed up the weekend with another lighthearted movie called Se7en. I hadn't seen this movie for a while and just thought it was time to bring my happy laughing mood back down to reality. Such a damn good movie. 
    I keep meaning to rewatch this. I have seen it countless times, but never on a decent TV and never in a high definition format with a decent surround sound system. This settles it, I am watching it tonight. I can't think of many other movies that make you feel like you are actually in the city that is show. I also like that it is some fictional, never-named city. David Fincher would have made a hell of a Batman movie.
    You are 100% correct on that, he would make an amazing Batman movie. Se7en didn't really stand out as a movie I would play to show off my TV and surround sound system but it certainly wasn't a disappointment either. I still think my favorite movie to watch cranked up to 11 is Mad Max Fury Road. It just adds to the chaos and constant craziness that movie puts out there. John Wick 3 is another really good one to show off a good audio system. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    awookiee said:
    awookiee said:
    I closed up the weekend with another lighthearted movie called Se7en. I hadn't seen this movie for a while and just thought it was time to bring my happy laughing mood back down to reality. Such a damn good movie. 
    I keep meaning to rewatch this. I have seen it countless times, but never on a decent TV and never in a high definition format with a decent surround sound system. This settles it, I am watching it tonight. I can't think of many other movies that make you feel like you are actually in the city that is show. I also like that it is some fictional, never-named city. David Fincher would have made a hell of a Batman movie.
    You are 100% correct on that, he would make an amazing Batman movie. Se7en didn't really stand out as a movie I would play to show off my TV and surround sound system but it certainly wasn't a disappointment either. I still think my favorite movie to watch cranked up to 11 is Mad Max Fury Road. It just adds to the chaos and constant craziness that movie puts out there. John Wick 3 is another really good one to show off a good audio system. 
    I watched Mad Max a couple weeks back. I was a bit disappointed. But mostly because I have a landlord upstairs and didn't feel like i could crank it. That and just the bigger screen, the better. I have a 55" Sony, which isn't small by any means, but that is a movie that just looks spectacular the larger you can get it. 
  • awookiee said:
    awookiee said:
    I closed up the weekend with another lighthearted movie called Se7en. I hadn't seen this movie for a while and just thought it was time to bring my happy laughing mood back down to reality. Such a damn good movie. 
    I keep meaning to rewatch this. I have seen it countless times, but never on a decent TV and never in a high definition format with a decent surround sound system. This settles it, I am watching it tonight. I can't think of many other movies that make you feel like you are actually in the city that is show. I also like that it is some fictional, never-named city. David Fincher would have made a hell of a Batman movie.
    You are 100% correct on that, he would make an amazing Batman movie. Se7en didn't really stand out as a movie I would play to show off my TV and surround sound system but it certainly wasn't a disappointment either. I still think my favorite movie to watch cranked up to 11 is Mad Max Fury Road. It just adds to the chaos and constant craziness that movie puts out there. John Wick 3 is another really good one to show off a good audio system. 
    I watched Mad Max a couple weeks back. I was a bit disappointed. But mostly because I have a landlord upstairs and didn't feel like i could crank it. That and just the bigger screen, the better. I have a 55" Sony, which isn't small by any means, but that is a movie that just looks spectacular the larger you can get it. 
    That's a bummer about the landlord and not being able to crank it up. I remember seeing Fury Road in an AMC Dolby theater and that was hands down the #1 movie that took advantage of their Dolby theater upgrades the most, and I've seen a lot of movies in AMC's Dolby theaters. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    awookiee said:
    Funny that you started The Predator recently @Cory because I was feeling watching a kick-ass 80s action movie and ended up settling in the original Predator. I've been meaning to watch it even since Jim and A.Ron did the review of it so now I can listen to their podcast. 
    They did a podcast on the original?  How long ago?  I remember them talking about it on a Lunch or something, not long ago.

    I own it on VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray and have watched it many times.  It definitely stands up, it's the epitome of an action movie.

    Have you never seen it before?
  • Cory said:
    awookiee said:
    Funny that you started The Predator recently @Cory because I was feeling watching a kick-ass 80s action movie and ended up settling in the original Predator. I've been meaning to watch it even since Jim and A.Ron did the review of it so now I can listen to their podcast. 
    They did a podcast on the original?  How long ago?  I remember them talking about it on a Lunch or something, not long ago.

    I own it on VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray and have watched it many times.  It definitely stands up, it's the epitome of an action movie.

    Have you never seen it before?
    So I think I imagined they did a podcast on it or they maybe talked about doing one in the future or something because I couldn't find it for the life of me.  I could have sworn I remember seeing a podcast for it but somebody must be slipping drugs into my Mountain Dew while I'm working or something. 

    Yes I have most definitely seen it before but it's been a solid 5 years probably so it was well past due.  Such a fun and badass 80s action movie.  
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    awookiee said:
    Cory said:
    awookiee said:
    Funny that you started The Predator recently @Cory because I was feeling watching a kick-ass 80s action movie and ended up settling in the original Predator. I've been meaning to watch it even since Jim and A.Ron did the review of it so now I can listen to their podcast. 
    They did a podcast on the original?  How long ago?  I remember them talking about it on a Lunch or something, not long ago.

    I own it on VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray and have watched it many times.  It definitely stands up, it's the epitome of an action movie.

    Have you never seen it before?
    So I think I imagined they did a podcast on it or they maybe talked about doing one in the future or something because I couldn't find it for the life of me.  I could have sworn I remember seeing a podcast for it but somebody must be slipping drugs into my Mountain Dew while I'm working or something. 

    Yes I have most definitely seen it before but it's been a solid 5 years probably so it was well past due.  Such a fun and badass 80s action movie.  
    I'm pretty sure A.Ron talked about it on a lunch recently, within the last 6 months at least, having recently re-watched it.
  • Cory said:
    awookiee said:
    Cory said:
    awookiee said:
    Funny that you started The Predator recently @Cory because I was feeling watching a kick-ass 80s action movie and ended up settling in the original Predator. I've been meaning to watch it even since Jim and A.Ron did the review of it so now I can listen to their podcast. 
    They did a podcast on the original?  How long ago?  I remember them talking about it on a Lunch or something, not long ago.

    I own it on VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray and have watched it many times.  It definitely stands up, it's the epitome of an action movie.

    Have you never seen it before?
    So I think I imagined they did a podcast on it or they maybe talked about doing one in the future or something because I couldn't find it for the life of me.  I could have sworn I remember seeing a podcast for it but somebody must be slipping drugs into my Mountain Dew while I'm working or something. 

    Yes I have most definitely seen it before but it's been a solid 5 years probably so it was well past due.  Such a fun and badass 80s action movie.  
    I'm pretty sure A.Ron talked about it on a lunch recently, within the last 6 months at least, having recently re-watched it.
    Thanks for the backup on that.  At least I'm only slightly losing my mind and and not going full on bat shit crazy.
    Cory
  • I just watched "Time Trap" on Netflix. The reviews are horrible, but I absolutely loved it. I'm seriously wondering if the other reviewers watched the same movie. It's sci-fi, as the name implies. Character motivation is pretty iffy throughout, but the premise is solid and the delivery of it was great!  It's not afraid to keep getting weirder and really lays on the gas. If you're willing to overlook the flaws, it's a real gem. I think it would make a great discussion on OTC!  Seems like it would be right up @Jim 's alley. 
    GiovanniChinaski
  • I just watched "Time Trap" on Netflix. The reviews are horrible, but I absolutely loved it. I'm seriously wondering if the other reviewers watched the same movie. It's sci-fi, as the name implies. Character motivation is pretty iffy throughout, but the premise is solid and the delivery of it was great!  It's not afraid to keep getting weirder and really lays on the gas. If you're willing to overlook the flaws, it's a real gem. I think it would make a great discussion on OTC!  Seems like it would be right up @Jim 's alley. 
    Well you've said enough for me to add it to my list to watch. Gotta get caught up on Raised by Wolves and Lovecraft Country first. 
  • Another recent view for me was "Sweetheart" on netflix. Decent quality low budget monster flick. A young lady washes up on shore a deserted island after a boating accident and sets about survival.  The first half of the movie has very little dialogue, as she is all alone. Or so she thinks. Pretty solid little film.  8/10. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    I just watched "Time Trap" on Netflix. The reviews are horrible, but I absolutely loved it. I'm seriously wondering if the other reviewers watched the same movie. It's sci-fi, as the name implies. Character motivation is pretty iffy throughout, but the premise is solid and the delivery of it was great!  It's not afraid to keep getting weirder and really lays on the gas. If you're willing to overlook the flaws, it's a real gem. I think it would make a great discussion on OTC!  Seems like it would be right up @Jim 's alley. 
    i watched this last night after coming across the article below. i didn't mind it. had no idea that Professor Hopper is the older brother of Luke and Owen Wilson. kinda reminded me of Aaron Eckhart.

  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited September 13
    Back on the martial arts movie spree watched Ip man. Moved down south to Vietnam for Furie. Both were very enjoyable. I lean more towards the Vietnamese movie with a independent production feel. Both needed a little humor.
    both on Netflix 
  • My cousin and I are working our way through IMDB's top 250 movies. Tonight we watched #9 which was Sergio Leone's "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".  I thought it was excellent.  My cousin was less impressed, but she also liked it.  I'd seen it before, but it had been around 20 years and I'd forgotten most of it. It was 3 hours long, and while some of it could clearly be cut, I thought the 3 hours flew by.  If you haven't seen it, or if you haven't seen it in awhile, I recommend it.
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited September 13
    My cousin and I are working our way through IMDB's top 250 movies. Tonight we watched #9 which was Sergio Leone's "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".  I thought it was excellent.  My cousin was less impressed, but she also liked it.  I'd seen it before, but it had been around 20 years and I'd forgotten most of it. It was 3 hours long, and while some of it could clearly be cut, I thought the 3 hours flew by.  If you haven't seen it, or if you haven't seen it in awhile, I recommend it.
    that's on my Mt Rushmore of movies. i've watched it so many times and love it more and more everytime. Tuco (Eli Wllach) steals the show imo. he's sooooo good in it! my friends and I quote him all the time with inside jokes. great shout out @CretanBull!
    CretanBull
  • Chinaski said:
    My cousin and I are working our way through IMDB's top 250 movies. Tonight we watched #9 which was Sergio Leone's "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".  I thought it was excellent.  My cousin was less impressed, but she also liked it.  I'd seen it before, but it had been around 20 years and I'd forgotten most of it. It was 3 hours long, and while some of it could clearly be cut, I thought the 3 hours flew by.  If you haven't seen it, or if you haven't seen it in awhile, I recommend it.
    that's on my Mt Rushmore of movies. i've watched it so many times and love it more and more everytime. Tuco (Eli Wllach) steals the show imo. he's sooooo good in it! my friends and I quote him all the time with inside jokes. great shout out @CretanBull!
    Totally agree about Tuco, he was the best.
    Chinaski
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited September 13
    Palm Springs : I am late getting around to this one, but what a fantastic little movie. The less you know the better, but I knew the premise and still had a complete blast. The two leads have great chemistry, and I can never have too much JK Simmons. I listened to the guys talk about it on Off the Clock, just a side note, it is on Hulu, not Netflix. 
Sign In or Register to comment.