Netflix Documentary Series - Cooked

We caught this one over the weekend and watched all 4 episodes.  I thought it was great, very informative, and enlightening.  

It takes you through human's history with food and how that plays into today's society.  It's split into four sections:  Fire, Water, Air, and Earth.  Each is used as a theme for the cooking history and what our future outcome looks.  

It's not a rehash of Food, Inc.  This isn't to scare you into not eating this or eating that.  Highly recommend.  Here is the link to the trailer .

TravisDaveyMac

Comments

• Really enjoyed Pollan's book Cooked. Definitely looking forward to watching this soon.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    That looks really fantastic. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Interesting that he clearly states the point that if the whole world suddenly went vegetarian, that it would not necessarily be a good thing.
    BourbonQueen
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I haven't watched it yet, but I enjoy Michael Pollan's books, especially In Defence Of Food. I'm looking forward to getting to Cooked.
  • Interesting that he clearly states the point that if the whole world suddenly went vegetarian, that it would not necessarily be a good thing.

I like how he also addressed the whole gluten intolerant movement.  How they addressed that was somewhat eye opening to me.  
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I have loved Netflix's foodie offerings lately. I will check this one out, although I'm more interested in the cooking than in the history of food...