Time for Jim to bail on his Chipotle stock?

podcartfanpodcartfan Cincinnati
edited March 2016 in General
Not looking good for Jim's financial future. Should he triple down when it gets lower?

https://www.yahoo.com/style/yet-another-norovirus-outbreak-chipotle-020900592.html

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    I think he's safe, since it's only at the one location.  :)
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I'm waiting until it hits the pink sheets before I jump in.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    I DO NOT get the Chipotle thing. Then again, I live in Southern California, you can get real Mexican food here...
    Travis
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited March 2016
    reminds me of a scene from Boiler Room where Giovani Ribsi tries to get the poor scmuck to double down on his bad investment.
    TaraC73Freddy
  • The stock made a steep dive when the news broke, but rebounded later in the day. Overall it's down, but nothing too crazy. Don't know how many more outbreaks this franchise can take, though. 
  • The quality of the food itself has really gone downhill I think.  I used to eat at Chipotle fairly regularly and the last two times I went in the last year I got chewy steak burritos.  Not worth it at all.
  • We need to set up a gofundme for Jim so he's not out on the streets cus of this.
    TaraC73FreddyTravis
    edited March 2016

We need to set up a gofundme for Jim so he's not out on the streets cus of this.

crying... filthy... begging for a morsel of sustenance from one of Earth's long forgotten galleys... His broadcasts would talk no more of southern charlatans and corrupt counselors... Just one simple phrase: Why oh why didn't I try the sofritas when I had the chance!?
    Travis
  • edited March 2016
    I think Bezos found a way to get his revenge.  That copper-grubbing, burrito-contaminating mad man!
    TravisDummyMike SnowFlashGordonBrawn
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Speaking of Bezos... You heard he's trying to dominate space now, right? Take a look at what his prototype spacecraft is made of.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/jeff-bezos-pulls-back-the-curtain-on-his-plans-for-space/2016/03/09/a0716c7e-e5f4-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html
    MichelleBrawn
    ^^^You gotta be fucking kidding me...
    Brawn
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    During a media tour of Blue Origin, Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos stands next to a copper exhaust nozzle to be used on a spaceship engine.
    So that's what it was for
    GredalBeeBrawn
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited March 2016

Speaking of Bezos... You heard he's trying to dominate space now, right? Take a look at what his prototype spacecraft is made of.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/jeff-bezos-pulls-back-the-curtain-on-his-plans-for-space/2016/03/09/a0716c7e-e5f4-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html

It looks more like a steampunk tepee.

EDIT: nm, I just saw the pic of the craft. Dear god.
    GredalBee
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    How long until we get the Amazon branded transporter or replicator?  Surely there is at least one dude at Amazon working on this at this point.  
  • Ha!  As much as I get a kick out of people fearing for the meager funds I have invested in Chipotle I don't think it's going to be a problem.  I'm still up 10% overall and the stock is stabilizing.  Plus, I could still podcast from a cardboard box on Vine St with the right gear.  Either way, Bald Move survives.
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited March 2016
    Jim said:

Ha!  As much as I get a kick out of people fearing for the meager funds I have invested in Chipotle I don't think it's going to be a problem.  I'm still up 10% overall and the stock is stabilizing.  Plus, I could still podcast from a cardboard box on Vine St with the right gear.  Either way, Bald Move survives.

HUZZAH!!!

If things go south I'm sure the community would certainly kickstart a really nice, large box and a small generator.

Jim
  • Jim said:

I'm still up 10% overall and the stock is stabilizing.  

SELL! SELL! SELL!!!
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    edited March 2016
    Ha!  As much as I get a kick out of people fearing for the meager funds I have invested in Chipotle I don't think it's going to be a problem.  I'm still up 10% overall and the stock is stabilizing.  Plus, I could still podcast from a cardboard box on Vine St with the right gear.  Either way, Bald Move survives.
    What Jim really means....

You Want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari, 355 Cabriolet, What's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all kids, I am liquid.
    Hatorian
    Jim said:

Cardboard box? Or Matt Damon The Martian tent?
    JimTravisBrawn
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Cardboard would probably be sturdier.
    Travis
    edited March 2016
    Nothing is sturdier than Matt Damon's "that's right, this big fuckin' face cashes big fuckin' checks" gaze. To be fair, cardboard is much sturdier than Jim's investment strategies.
    A_Ron_HubbardBrawn
  • Save that tin foil for a handy hat once McDonald's vast conspiracy to sabotage Chipotle's value and buy back their shares is revealed...
  • Freddy said:

Nothing is sturdier than Matt Damon's "that's right, this big fuckin' face cashes big fuckin' checks" gaze. To be fair, cardboard is much sturdier than Jim's investment strategies.

OH! Shots fired!
    Freddy
  • JimJim
    edited March 2016

Travis said:

Freddy said:

OH! Shots fired!
    No, he's right.  If they existed at all, my investment strategies would definitely be shit.  Yet somehow it's working, for the moment.
    Travis