Contact

I recently watched the 1997 film Contact with Jodie Foster. Have you guys seen it? This film would be a cool addition to the community commissions page! definitely podcast worthy! 

Comments

• @Russ You my friend are in for a treat, I think it's probably one of their best ever podcasts.

DancesWithWookiesTravisMelonuskDaveyMacmanhattnik
  • NICE!! Didnt realise it had already been done! :D
    Jovial_FalconTaraC73TravisDaveyMac
  • @Russ You my friend are in for a treat, I think it's probably one of their best ever podcasts.

Agreed! The Contact cast was fantastic. Enjoy!
  • Yeah I'm in agreement here, too. One of my absolute favorite podcasts they've done. It even prompted me to write into them with my own thoughts and story.
    Travis
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    God I haven't seen contact in years. Can't even remember if I liked it or not LOL. I'll have to find it somewhere (on demand or maybe Amazon prime!) and then listen :)
    Travis
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Contact starts promisingly, but then goes seriously off the rails. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I also remember it having a pretty cool trailer that I saw a million times leading up to the movie.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I like the movie my two big complaints are these.

1. The fact that they blow up one device and then conveniently have already built another. It was a plot device to have some action in a droll movie, and to have the drama of the asshole politician scientist getting to go over Jodi Foster. But then to also have Jodi Foster get to go. IMO they should have just had terrorist dude blow up the command center before the test or something. That way you can kill the asshole scientist but then also not derail the movie for 20 minutes in an already long film.

2. It doesn't 100% hold up because they put too much 1990 real life stuff in it. Like the Bill Clinton bits. Sure back in the 90's that was probably immersive but now it takes me out of the movie. I also feel like the billionaire funding the whole thing is supposed to be an on the nose reference to a real person, but I can no longer place it. Without that real life context it's hard to connect the dots to why this guy is doing what he is doing or where he got his money.