Survivor, CBS and murder

kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
edited March 2016 in Other TV
Yep I still watch Survivor, it has become a guilty pleasure. Wednesday seems to be my only network TV night.
This season of the show has been promoted as a hash season as far as the players health was concerned. I don't watch auto racing but if I did it wouldn't be to see someone get spattered. I don't have any problem if they do its there business. I don't tune to see people drop like flies when there forced to do crazy stuff In the heat of some Asian Pac island. But if one of them croaks, so be it. I do think that CBS and the show are pushing the limits for ratings. I don't know if what happens out there is real but I give them the benefit of the doubt. I would think that some of these people who do this show might come with things that could hurt there health in the long run. It just seems that in a place where a million things that could hurt these people, do they really gotta push the limit.
Last night like four people had problems with the heat, they made them dig in the sand for some challenge. One guy got airlifted out, he was also out cold for a time. Seems to me that was a no brainier not to make them do that in the heat, but I don't need viewers. I hope if something happens someone and the network are held accountable.

Comments

• Whoa whoa whoa.

Lets just wait and see what happens when a few contestants die. No need to be so hasty. 
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    A few?
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    edited March 2016
    My daughter and I watch on Thursday mornings before she goes to school... We also watch big brother and Caleb was one of our favorites. They always push themselves on that show and you wouldn't believe the amount of times medical steps in but it's not shown. I read an article a few years back about it. They are always in extreme heat (or very hot lol) I have always said though that they should, at a minimum, give the contestants plenty of bottled water (instead of the well that they have to draw from and then boil) I think last night was just an example of them showing medic because there were three sick people at one time.

That said, watching Caleb so close to stroking out was very difficult. I had tears in my eyes knowing he could die (but also knowing in the back of my kind if he HAD died they wouldn't have even shown this season) it was very difficult. Not as bad as what's his name falling into the campfire a few years ago - but almost as bad. I do believe cbs has things under control though.
  • Yea  have to agree with Tara the show is constantly putting these people in extreme heat. Remember when they made them walk through an Amazon Jungle to their camp?! Bobby Jon was on the season before and he almost didn't even make it back to camp. It was unreal. The idols are real cool this year except i don't like anybody that has them. I hope maybe Neil grabs one next week. 
    Caleb was our favorite, I don't like any one specific yet. I usually have a favorite from day one (Caleb) or not til there's a merge.

Who's your all time favorite player? I love Boston Rob. Entertainment-wise I loved Russell hanz! :)
  • Rob was hysterical. He has to be my favorite and i'm a NY guy. I really liked Tom Westerman from back in the day he was great. Professor Bob from season 17 was amazing. Jon Penner is also hilarious i was always laughing when he talked and he might have the best final tribal council speech of all time when he was on the jury. Jeez its hard to pick i always liked Ozzy and Malcom i just wish ozzy actually had some sort of personality. Gun to my head i would have to pick Rob. He made me laugh more than anybody else. For females i really loved Stephanie Lagrossa she was kick ass and is now married to a phillies pitcher which kind of sucks because i hate the phillies. I'm all over the place oh well. 

As far as this season goes, jeez i mean I kinda was see Scot Pollard go far hes interesting. I like Neal a lot. Anna and Aubrey i like as far as females i think they could go far. Anna because shes a poker player and i also play poker, Aubrey because i think she can fly under the radar. Caleb was definitely my favorite...sucks he got pulled. but i bet he comes back to play the game again he was way too likable 
    TaraC73
    Tom W was awesome! I remembered another favorite - Jeremy the firefighter from last season and he was on blood and water he was on with his cop wife. They are both from Boston, and work in Cambridge where my husband grew up :) Jeremy was awesome.
  • oh tara i couldnt agree with you more! i was really happy Jeremy won! i actually just rewatched that season recently! He was bad ass so many likable players my heart goes out to wigglesworth. she was awesome.I also forgot about Joe, but no matter how many times he plays... just like ozzy he is way too perfect to win
    TaraC73
    <3 Joe too!!!!
    HI IM STEVE
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    Anyone else think that Tai blew it last episode? If he used the idol to save Anna and blindside Peter and with another Beauty coming in to replace they'd be in a dominate position. Now he's trying hard to build relationships and show his worth and still has the idol so maybe his individual game will triumph in the end but I thought it was a missed opportunity to change the trajectory of the game by eliminating the non beauties out of the game.
  • TaraC73 said:

tai blew it big time. I don't like him at all. He's playing the game way too hard and in a really weird way.