This Is For You, A. Ron

@A_Ron_Hubbard The 404-406 House of Cards podcast reminded me of this chart I came across while cleaning out old crap in my Dropbox folder, thought you and others would find it amusing/apropos:

TaraC73DaveyMacBrawnAntManBeeksa1001

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Methren. That's going to be my next D&D character name.
    Brawnksa1001
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yup, pretty much. Throw in whatever kind of dyslexia I have and it's a fucking nightmare.  So many words I mispronounced while reading, I have no chance of getting correct without crazy effort on my part, because they both "sound" correct in my head, and I can't tell which is the wrong one any more.
    BrawnAndrew StadlerNathan
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I think that is everyone to a degree. Like for the longest time, growing up a comic book reader, I pronounced the character Carnage as "Car-nahsh". God knows why. You read a word that you don't hear in everyday conversation and come up with your own pronounciation.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Up until age 13 or so when I saw the word celebrity I couldn't pronounce it. I don't know why but I heard it in my head as "cella-britty" it's so bizarre sometimes I still hear it that way lol. The connection between brain and mouth is a complicated, weird thing.
  • BourbonQueenBourbonQueen Dallas, TX
    edited March 2016
    For the longest time (and still sometimes to this day), I miss pronoune "aspartame."  I would have sworn it was as-part-a-meh.  
    ghm3
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    How is it pronounced? I don't think I ever uttered that word out loud. Which is odd given my 2-liter a day Diet Coke habit :/
  • @BourbonQueen That's funny, I see how you got there, but until now it was an example of a word that I would've just described as being pronounced how it looked.

@TaraC73 ass-pahr-tame 
    TaraC73BourbonQueen