Need Jim Review on new Chipotle Pizza Restaurant Format - debuting in Cincinnati.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/04/20/chipotle-backed-pizzeria-locale-open-th-restaurant-cincinnati/26097627/

I trust you and A-Ron to guide me on movies and TV, but now I need  you to expand that envelope.

Jim, I know you love Chipotle as much as I do.     Can you check this out, and tell me if it delivers!

I have to hit Cinci for Work in early April, and if you give this a thumbs up, then I will hit it.

Comments

• HeffHeff Connecticut
    I guess the important question is, do you get more food for your money buying a burrito, bowl, or pizza?
  • I think we will have to hear the Pizza size and list of ingredients, plus cost, maybe a straight up calorie count per $1.00.
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    This place just opened this week. I may have to make the drive to kenwood and check this place out.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Cool! I had no idea this came to town...
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I have always heard La Rosa's pizza was where it was at in Cincinnati.
    Larosa's has become more of a chain. Don't get me wrong, I will order from there time to time but there's better pizza in Cincinnati.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    LaRosas' is overpriced garbage food. Sure, it's a hometown favorite for some reason but very rarely have I enjoyed the pizza there.
    BourbonQueenCecily
    Agree with @Murderbear 1000%.  LaRosa's is Kings Island pizza.  The only reason I eat it is because I'm trapped in a theme park and can literally not get better.  Their crust and sauce is appalling.  
    BourbonQueenMurderbear
  • Luke said:

I have always heard La Rosa's pizza was where it was at in Cincinnati.

LaRosa's has gotten terrible in the last several years.  My favorite pizza place in Cincy area is Donato's, but I like the thin crust pizzas.  Edge to edge toppings is where it's at.  

Also, I'm on Team Skyline.  That is usually my first stop whenever I'm in Ohio.
    I think Skyline and Gold Star's chili is cinnamon flavored meatwater.  But that's obviously a non-native opinion.  I'm a Marco's pizza fan myself.  They're BBQ chicken pizza is top shelf stuff. I haven't found a truly local place that I like as much as Mozzi's from Greenfield, IN. 
    Cecily
  • Gotta drop Marion's Pizza, from my hometown of Dayton Ohio, but I think they've spread down as far south as Mason. Not your gourmet deep dish type stuff, but a great hangout place for pitchers and strangely addicting pizza.

People from outside of Cincinnati or Ohio are usually very slow to warm up to Skyline, GoldStar, or Camp Washington Chili. I understand the hesitancy, but I love it myself. I prefer Camp Washington over the other ones, but I love Skyline as well.  

It's pretty easy to improve upon the Cincy chili recipe at home. Just add a little more beef and a little less liquid and cinnamon, leaving you with a delicious meaty sauce to spread over your pasta. Go extra on the onions and cheese for your 4 way too. And then eat a pint of Graeter's Ice Cream.  Man, I really AM from Ohio...
    OliviaDBourbonQueen
    Thanks for the Marion's reco, I'll check that out.  You know what, I forgot about Goodfella's in OTR.  That's some damn fine pizza.
    I'm definitely a skyline girl. My pizza places in Cincy are krimmer's Italianette, goodfellas, deweys and delicio. While I do enjoy some graters, I personally prefer UDF homemade brand. Unless we are talking soft serve then it's the goodie shop or putz.
    MichaelGBourbonQueen
  • I forgot all about United Dairy Farmers!!
    There's nothing better than walking down to the closest UDF for a malt @MichaelG
  • UDF Cookies N Cream and malts!!!   Of course, I do love my Graeter's.  Luckily, the Kroger in Dallas carried pints of some of the flavors.

As much as I love Skyline, I've only ever had their vegetarian chili in my 4-Ways or Burritos.  That's a lot thicket and has the same flavor (so I'm told).  Perhaps that's the difference.

It might be soupy to give something soup crackers, hot sauce, and habanero cheese to soak into.  

• I've been to Locale at the first location in Denver where they partnered up with Chipotle, I was impressed the couple of times I ate there. The oven they invented for it is really cool. And original Locale in Boulder (the non- "fast casual" version) had been a highly regarded restaurant for some time.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    On the pizza note from the last lunch.  Little Ceaser's is indeed the lowest of the low in pizza.  

However, they have one use.  If you are like me and regularly have 3-4 little kids to feed you can't beat $5 large pizzas that you can pick up hot and ready on your way home from work.  

We save the gourmet pizza for special occations.