Is there a need for a micro Go-Fund.Me?

ARon  & Jim feel bad about the cost of commissioned casts, but their methods for allowing the community to pitch in on the casts they want feel sloppy. Is there a need for a micro version of go-fund.me that allows any user to create a campaign for a commissioned cast, if it does not reach its goal of $250 within 30-45 days all the money is refunded?  If there is enough demand for this ill make it a hackathon project I throw together one of these weekends in the next few months.

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I don't think so--a few of us pitched in on a Lost cast just by starting a thread and talking about it
    MichelleA_Ron_Hubbard
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I agree, the one community podcast that I suggested and co-commissioned with several others was seamless from start to finish, not 'sloppy' at all. I think most everyone would say the same.
  • edited March 2016
    So right now you think if we polled the ENTIRE Baldmove audience they would all know how to start a potential commission and be able to tell me what casts are in talks for commission right now? ( in order to say yes you have to be able to say 100% of Baldmove listeners actively participate in the forums).
  • edited March 2016

So right now you think if we polled the ENTIRE Baldmove audience they would all know how to start a potential commission and be able to tell me what casts are in talks for commission right now? ( in order to say yes you have to be able to say 100% of Baldmove listeners actively participate in the forums).

No need to be so condescending. I think it's pretty easy to figure out how to get a commissioned podcast, you just need to go the shop and it's all in the description. Also, in every single podcast they do, they give out their email address and the forum's address, so it's pretty easy to contact them and ask your questions.
    TaraC73Frakkin TBrawn
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    For the love of christ, Chuck. Do you ever start a positive thread? You may mean well, but your tone is so off-putting. It's not difficult to figure out, and there are many avenues to go about getting help.
    Frakkin TDrewjoepinetreeReniTiffanyDancesWithWookiesBrawn
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Chuck why are you always so mad bro
    Frakkin TTaraC73BrawnJovial_Falcon
  • I think Bald Move is handling their business just fine. They are already overbooked with commissioned podcasts. People know how to commission them. It is not at all difficult.
    TaraC73Frakkin TBrawn
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited March 2016
    Bald Move, according to @ChuckKelly : How the boys go about building their fanbase is shit. The fact that there is no BM app is shit but he's going to build an app and sell the content without permission. Communication with fans regarding Club features is shit. Jim has a bad attitude on the podcasts. Am I missing anything else? 

Is anyone else sensing a pattern here? This guy comes in and shits all over everything, then gets butthurt when he gets called out on his negativity. Can he just leave or get banned already?
    TaraC73Brawn
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I think it's time to give it a rest on suggestions for the moment. We're entering the busy season so we're not going to be able to focus on anything but content at the moment, even if we were inclined to.  

@ChuckKelly has some admittedly good ideas, but the expression of same could use some work.  There are mechanisms to suggest community commissions.  A method to make it automatic would be nice, but fairly low on my priority, and using a third party to come up with the lump sum would just add financial overhead, as you'd be essentially giving the credit card companies two bites at your apple and paying the 5-10% crowdsourcing app fees. 

Closing the tread.  I'd ask any further concerns regarding this to be taken up with me or Jim privately. 
    TaraC73MichaelGMichelleFernNYC17DeeReni
This discussion has been closed.