Comments

  • That was helpful on top of it I added few more addons from https://www.kodivpn.co/kodi-krypton-add-ons/ hope that helps even more.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited April 4
    You’re*

    ;) on the real i always thought Kodi was sort of like a illegitimate source. Is that not the case?
  • Hatorian said:
    You’re*

    ;) on the real i always thought Kodi was sort of like a illegitimate source. Is that not the case?
    Kodi is legit. They have denounced all illegal add ons. Since they are open source, they can’t really stop the add ons however. 
    Hatoriandarwinfeeshy
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I looked into this and decided I don't have the energy for it. Right now. All I want is a way to play The Expanse live without paying $30-$40/month for cable or one of the cable apps. SIGH.
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited April 4
    KingKobra said:
    Hatorian said:
    You’re*

    ;) on the real i always thought Kodi was sort of like a illegitimate source. Is that not the case?
    Kodi is legit. They have denounced all illegal add ons. Since they are open source, they can’t really stop the add ons however. 
    I use Kodi, but aren’t all their add ons illegal if you can watch something for free instead of paying for it?
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    Kodi is fine, it's open source and it doesn't itself do anything illegal.  You can use it to watch your own wedding video if you want.

    ...That said, so is bittorrent and in both cases you're *probably* doing some legally questionable things...
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    edited April 4
    Kodi is great software.  That said, the majority of the addons listed on the page listed in the first post above (if not all of them) are used to view illegal stream sources.  I would never condone the use of illegal stream sources, and it is probably an inappropriate discussion topic for the Bald Move forums.

    If you insist on breaking copyright law and using unofficial Kodi addons to stream content you are not paying for, you are breaking the law.  Know the risks associated with this and take steps to mitigate those risks.  Of course you are much better off just not pirating content and finding a legal means to view it, whether that is a cable subscription, an itunes subscription, hulu, etc.  

    @JaimieT ;http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/where-to-watch

  • gguenot said:
    KingKobra said:
    Hatorian said:
    You’re*

    ;) on the real i always thought Kodi was sort of like a illegitimate source. Is that not the case?
    Kodi is legit. They have denounced all illegal add ons. Since they are open source, they can’t really stop the add ons however. 
    I use Kodi, but aren’t all their add ons illegal if you can watch something for free instead of paying for it?
    All of their addons aren’t illegal and they do their best to separate themselves from that side of it. If you looks at the Kodi site and forums all y’all of those types of addons is banned (including talknof the specific preloaded hardware). Many home theater enthusiasts use Kodi as a media manager to access all of their local media (music, movies, TV). Most folks only know of Kodi via the addons for “free movies/TV” and don’t think it’s used for anything else. 
Sign In or Register to comment.