Set continuity for the Negan scene carrying over into Season 7

broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
Ok I have some thoughts about why I'm almost 100% sure the actors are lying about not knowing who got the bat.

It would be impossible to set up that scene again this summer when they would supposedly film the death scene. You can see the actors breaths because they filmed the Negan introduction in November in Georgia. You wouldn't have that in May or June. Also there are a ton of extras and i doubt they would bring them all back for that one scene again. It's custom to film an entire scene at a time like that and have it carry over to the next season. 

The actors wouldnt look the same, the weather and its effects wouldnt be the same. It just would not work. That is why i am very sure they already filmed the death scene. Unless, of course the Walking Dead is even worse than i already thought it was and either isnt going to show a death scene or actually is going to try to reset the entire scene in May, continuity be fucked. 

Just something that caught my attention and that I've been thinking about. I'm not sure about anyone else but after the initial anger of the stupid cliffhanger, I've rewatched the scene a bunch and I really like it for the most part. JDM is awesome and I honestly think theres a lot of tension. Just wish that after the POV shot we would have gotten just 30 seconds more of film with AT LEAST character reactions to what just happened.

TaraC73Ashley

Comments

• @broomperson-That's what I was wondering.  

I think I even asked in the main forum for this episode, but it got lost in the rage quits and Enid theorizing.

Given how cheap we theorize AMC is, I can't imagine they would set it up again, right?  Plus, just for ease of acting wouldn't you want them to film the whole thing?  I can't imagine it would be easy to have to act all that tension and fear and then be asked to cut and tap into it again in however many months?  

Maybe its just easier in the months in between for the actors if there is one party line.

Unless they aren't going to show it at all again and I can't imagine that.  Like Ep 1 opens with them all crying on their way back to Alexandria or something?  Naw...
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    yeah man the tension too.... you're right. Like Andrew Lincolns gotta put that face on again months after? No way does AMC ask the actors and crew to do the scene AGAIN. They already filmed it. Or they are totally pulling some bowlshit
    @S.Smith
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited April 2016
    Does TWD really care about continuity though?  I wouldn't be surprised if they opened on that scene and it was daylight and raining, and Carl had a full beard.
    DrKenhisdudeness915JoshKristMonica
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    @Cory

I think they understand how to make a TV show in a fairly high level way. Which means if they're going to show the aftermath in the woods with Negan they already filmed it. 
    S. Smith
  • edited April 2016
    The more I think about this, the more I'm almost completely convinced they filmed it all.

Plus-what was with all the "oh I was physically ill, oh I couldn't sleep, oh blah blah blah"  from the actors?  That's not the kind of stuff you say if this was always the ending.  

We know these actors can pump up an episode when they are asked to-but that just doesn't seem like the language and descriptions they would have used?  Know what I mean?  

I wonder if  they either filmed the whole thing and the actors subconsciously used language describing the whole thing even though they knew we were going to have to wait.  Or the execs at AMC or whoever at some point stepped in and started yackety yacking about ratings and they changed it after it was filmed.

I suppose its possible that they were told to use this specific kind of language, but I don't know....

broompersonReni
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Yeah, for sure they would have filmed it. I can't blame the actors though - they can't say anything since they'd be in trouble and if they say they know but are not telling they'd get nagged endlessly by everyone.
    S. Smith
  • AshleyAshley Atlanta, GA

JDM also said he didn't know it would be a cliffhanger until he saw it, so... not sure how he could've thought that unless they've already filmed it.

But I can believe they shot the scene with a few different cast members, just in case of leaks, and maybe they really don't know who the actual victim is. Josh McDermitt says he's heard rumors, Andrew Lincoln says the group made a pact not to talk about it, but I'd bet that he knows, along with whoever's actually losing their job. And Chandler Riggs, being a younger member of the cast that wouldn't hang out with them socially, very well may not know.

TaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Ashley said:

JDM also said he didn't know it would be a cliffhanger until he saw it, so... not sure how he could've thought that unless they've already filmed it.

But I can believe they shot the scene with a few different cast members, just in case of leaks, and maybe they really don't know who the actual victim is. Josh McDermitt says he's heard rumors, Andrew Lincoln says the group made a pact not to talk about it, but I'd bet that he knows, along with whoever's actually losing their job. And Chandler Riggs, being a younger member of the cast that wouldn't hang out with them socially, very well may not know.

I can totally see that - filming two or three different people getting killed just in case any set pics got out (though I haven't seen any set pics since Zombie Merle) and maybe just the actor who is off the show knowing his cut is the one they're using.
  • AngelaAngela London, UK
    Ashley said:

Yeah, I can also see them filming with a couple different actors just in case of any leaks. They might not have thought they would do that, but with the crazy hype around this finale they might have decided to right at the end. Also, with high profile TV shows I think there is a precedent of the directors purposely handing out extra 'fakeout' scripts of the really big moments, so that even the actors are unsure of which one will be final outcome.