210 - "Klick"

Directed: Vince Gilligan
Written: Vince Gilligan & Heather Marion

Comments

• Quick, do a live watch for the finale
    TaraC73
  • I'm liking that prediction you mentioned on the last podcast...let's see.
  • Really hoping for some Gus
  • LauraMcP West Chester PA
    This has to be where Gus reappears, right?!
    In the middle of nowhere in the desert, how does Nacho not see Mike's car in his mirrors?
    ksa1001
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Ernesto has quickly become one of my favorite characters. Hope he sticks with Jimmy.
  • JasmynP Washington, DC
    Jimmy's commercial was amazing.
    TaraC73Michelle
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    ... Just starting the episode...

Do we know if this electricity sensitivity is a real thing or psychosomatic?
    Don't tell me what I can't do!
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    George said:

Ernesto has quickly become one of my favorite characters. Hope he sticks with Jimmy.

Ernie and Omar. I hope they play a bigger role. Two really good guys that love Jimmy. 

• JasmynP Washington, DC
    This is a trap Jimmy! Do not confess!
    ninnaisanerd
    He's recording it!!
    Shut up, Jimmy! Shut up! He pulled some recorder out of the garage...aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!
  • No matter how wrong Jimmy is, I can't help but hate chuck. He's such an ass, even amidst a mental breakdown he still manages to be a total dick
    ksa1001BourbonQueen
  • JasmynP Washington, DC
    Why didn't Jimmy see that coming. This is so frustrating.
    So he'll HAVE to become Saul at some point next year so he can still practice law, right? Does Kim's practice go down the tubes because she is financially connected to Jimmy McGill?
    Every ounce of pity I had for Chuck (and it was the tiniest bit) just left my pissed off body. Come on Jimmy! That old man with those pimp sunglasses could've seen that bait coming.
    MonicaTaraC73BourbonQueenMichelle

• broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    edited April 2016
    Man... That was a kind of disappointing finale. Maybe the only time I've ever felt let down by the Breaking Bad crew. I just think I've had enough of Chuck
    TaraC73
    I'm an International Assassin.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Wow. I knew he was recording it as soon as Howard called Jimmy. Man, I thought that was incredible. I'm of the opinion the "DON'T" is from Gus. Man, next season is going to be fuuuuuunnnnn.
    UnderwoodTaraC73DaveyMacninnaisanerdBourbonQueenMichelle
  • JasmynP Washington, DC
    I enjoyed it. I like how they rounded things out and left some doors open. I definitely think Gus wrote "don't" and I'm interested To see how their relationship develops and how Jimmy gets himself out of this one.

As much as I hate Chuck, he can't die....yet.
    Underwood
    I love hearing Vince on Talking Saul so much more then Kirkman on Talking Dead.
    JbrettDUnderwoodTaraC73A_Ron_HubbardBourbonQueen

• Sorry if this was mentioned before, but I just finally noticed (re-watching some Breaking Bad episodes) that during the cook in Episode 5.3 "Hazard Pay", Walt and Jessie watch a Three Stooges episode featuring.....a chimp with a machine gun.
    ksa1001TaraC73adobo1148
  • JbrettDJbrettD Nashville, TN
    edited April 2016
    Is it me; or did Hardwick give a "wink wink" to the Dead fans toward the end of Talking Saul? It was on the subject of "DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE YOUR FANS"
    TaraC73
    "Your teeth glow in the dark." - Raylan Givens
  • The genius of this is that Chuck became Jimmy for a moment. That was a Jimmy move. He played him. 

Little does he know, Chuck has become the man he hates most.
    kojiattwoodTaraC73Doctor_Nick
  • tonyp1222 new york
    edited April 2016
    Side note, this is the first time in a while that I had a hard time believing one momen they put on screen from a logistical standpoint. That's unusual for the Villigan.

The part that had me confused was how - presumably Nacho - put the stick in Mike's car. We watch him the whole time from the scope and see him re-enter the house after the murder. His only opportunity to exit was a very short moment when Mike panned over the dig site and within a flash, Nacho somehow found Mike's car WAY back wherever it was and rigged it like that? How?
  • tonyp1222 said:

Side note, this is the first time in a while that I had a hard time believing one momen they put on screen from a logistical standpoint. That's unusual for the Villigan.

The part that had me confused was how - presumably Nacho - put the stick in Mike's car. We watch him the whole time from the scope and see him re-enter the house after the murder. His only opportunity to exit was a very short moment when Mike panned over the dig site and within a flash, Nacho somehow found Mike's car WAY back wherever it was and rigged it like that? How?

Because it is not supposed to be Nacho.
    UnderwoodTaraC73
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Those disorienting POV stretcher shots were incredibly effective. I have mixed feelings about the finale, especially in the way it used Kim almost as an afterthought, as if they really wanted Kim in the finale but could not come up with a character-based reason for the main focus of Jimmy vs. Chuck. How about addressing how Kim feels about what happened? Are we to assume that "You don't save me. I save me" Kim is totally on board with how she got Mesa Verde back, and that she's fine with Chuck ending up in the hospital? I presume that will be addressed in S3, but I would rather have had something more enigmatic like her looking conflicted, than simply having her bring coffee to Jimmy then later being annoyed by him making her coffee girl for his clients. After a great Kim season, this was a disappointing button to leave her character on.

As for Chuck, despite still finding him unlikable, I can't help but have tremendous empathy for someone suffering from mental illness. Here's a question: If Chuck had not been tricking Jimmy into confessing, if Jimmy had actually succeeded in gaslighting him into thinking he lost the one thing he had left in this world, his sharp mind, would people then have sympathy for him? And if so, then why is it that Chuck using Jimmy-style tactics to expose Jimmy's reprehensible act make Chuck the villain? Especially when Jimmy exits with a carefree, "So what? It's your word against mine."

My favorite moment was Jimmy's reaction to the mylar den of madness. Odenkirk played that beautifully, and it was remarkably understated from the usually hyper-reactive Jimmy.
    MelonuskDaveyMac
    Stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it off.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Boston MA
    ksa1001TaraC73A_Ron_HubbardMelonuskReniDaveyMacBourbonQueenMurderbear

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• edited April 2016
    On most nights, I think of Better Call Saul as the less talented brother of Breaking Bad.  Tonight, I was squirming on the couch and yelling at the TV during the last scene.  You did it Gould.  Great episode.

If Jimmy has to become Saul out of necessity, I'm not sure how I'll feel.  I always thought the natural progression was for Jimmy to keep getting darker until he becomes Saul.  I guess keeping Jimmy chaotic good until the very last moment is one way to do it, but I hope we get to see more of a transition.
    Underwood
  • tonyp1222 said:

Because it is not supposed to be Nacho.
    OOOOH! It's Gus, I think.
  • Goddammit, Chuck. 

That's all I got.