Anybody else experiencing problems from the Frontier/Verizon deal?

FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
edited April 2016 in General
Any of you who live in Florida, Texas, or California and had Verizon are probably aware by now that they were bought out by Frontier Communications. And well, the transition has been less than smooth. I personally haven't experienced any noticeable loss of service, but they did double my bill without notification (as in, not even an official notice that Verizon was switching; just had a Frontier bill instead with a fat increase). According to the customer service gal, they're going to give me the exact rate, including taxes and fees, that I had before, but that she needed to talk with the sales department first. I'm pretty sure that means that she's working on finding a way to get the deed to my pets in case I don't pay. Here is a link to their facebook page (I'd be lying if I said I haven't been engaging in some light trolling): https://www.facebook.com/FrontierCorp/

By and large my dealings with faceless companies have been decent enough, but I still see them for the emotionless scum that they are. And I love me a good big business shit show. In my heart of hearts I hope this thing leads to a class action lawsuit that later goes on to be made into a TV movie that gets aired on a channel Frontier offers.

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    WOW that FB page is a shitshow!! I have Verizon in MA, wonder if I need to worry that this is coming down the pike?
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited April 2016
    Couldn't tell you. I know in my town when Verizon came in and installed the FIOS infrastructure they expected to take the market by storm. Cut to years later and the local cable company is still the dominant force, so I would imagine they decided to sell out rather than deal with the looming infrastructure maintenance/repairs.

I don't have a major problem with it so far, but that's only because they haven't told me that they expect me to pay the unexpected bill yet.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I live in California and knew nothing about this.  At the same time though, I only use them for my cell service.  Looks like this only affects home service.   *whew*
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited April 2016
    I watch nearly ALL my tv online via Verizon now Frontier. the only real problem i have, that verizon had as well,  is that signing into websites like AMC, FOX, FX, - it's always, ALWAYS saying your entering the wrong password or username and you have to update it all the fucking time. its super annoying.