Anyone interested in the new series?

WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/27/24-legacy-ordered-to-series-by-fox

I think I'm part of the minority but I'm totally ok with this being redone. If they don't try and force the main lead to be Jack (like this new Rush Hour show they got going on) then I'm fine with it. Hawkins was great in Straight Outta Compton and I enjoy him in The Walking Dead when he is on screen. 
Frakkin TElisa

Comments

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I don't have a problem if it is done well and modern topics are incorporated.
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    I didn't even know about it.  I'm in.  I love 24.
    Elisa
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    I'm disappointed it's not starring Yvonne Strahovski. I've liked her since Chuck and thought she did a great job on 24: Live Another Day. It'd be nice to have a female lead but a black lead is cool too.

I almost wished they'd go anthology series and go Cold War for the next season. It's doesn't even have to be averting nuclear war, maybe a coup plot in the third world spy v spy stuff. The other benefit of anthology is you can cycle high talent actors through and also do some of the same goofy conventions the show always had like moles and personal family danger and it not feel too repetitive or ridiculous even though it is.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • That sounds interesting. This blew my mind too.........24:India.... No bullshit!!!!!!!! It's been around since 2013?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2792284/
    manhattnik
  • Miranda Otto to star ... are they just merging Homeland and 24 at this point? Don't they share some producers?
    Elisa
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    Excited to here on Lunch today that Jim & A.ron are up for podcasting this. the 24 mini podcast last year was some of the funniest Podcasting i heard from them.
    Elisa
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Did Corey Hawkins character die in TWD? I can't remember... I feel like he's out on scout/supply run with Tara?
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    TaraC73 said:

Did Corey Hawkins character die in TWD? I can't remember... I feel like he's out on scout/supply run with Tara?

Still alive...so far...
    TaraC73
  • MuyiwaMuyiwa Ocean, NJ
    I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll be watching this.

24 is such an intriguing show that can swing from moments of badassery to crushing stupidity within seconds, but I cannot get enough.
    TaraC73