Tuco's Uncle

I finally decided to give in and binge the show. I can't believe I waited so long. I did try to make it through season 1 before, but the meth cooking and violence turned me off. I made it past that though, and damn, what a great show. One thing I'm enjoying most is the Walt/Jesse relationship and how Walt steps in as a replacement father figure for Jesse when he needed to get clean after Jane died.

Anyway, I have been curious about Tuco's uncle. Do we find out what put him in the wheelchair? Is his character more significant than what we've seen so far? Am I reaching? Or am I touching on something "mildly interesting"?

Comments

• WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    You're in big time spoiler territory. That alright?
    Michelle
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    @Michelle definitely mildly interesting. Funny because @TaraC73 and I were texting about him tonight. If you're curious, look up the actor on IMDB; he's done a lot of stuff in a lot of movies...
    hypergenesbMichelleTaraC73
  • MichelleMichelle California
    @WonderedObject in that case I'll stick with "mildly interesting". lol Although I did already see the ep where he names Walter to the cartel. Does it get worse than that?

@Frakkin T if you and Tara were texting about him, then he's definitely somewhat significant. Now I'm eager to see what else he and that damn bell get up to!
    MelonuskTaraC73
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Worse... in a good way? Depends on how you look at it haha. He's definitely one of the better characters in my opinion by the end of the series.
    Michelle
  • hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited May 2016
    MichelleMelonuskTaraC73hisdudeness915
    So, I got midway through season 3 before bed last night, and now I know... He is the OG head of the cartel!

@hypergenesb that's great. lol
    TaraC73hypergenesb
  • The actor, Mark Margolis, did some great work in HBO's Oz, also playing an OG gangster at the head of his organization.
    Michelle
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I was watching Scarface last night (which I've seen probably 30 or 40 times) and *just* noticed that it's Tio... His face looks a lot younger, but he's still grey and balding LOL. Anyway, if you IMDb him, he's been in tons of stuff! Good actor, and awesome character (who had a huge importance in BrBa, but was surprisingly only in 8 episodes!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelleryanfoster
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    He also is in pretty much all of Darren Aronofsky's movies.
    Michelle
  • Yeah, I remember watching Breaking Bad and thinking "I remember him from somewhere". Later I re-watched Requiem for a Dream and had a "Oh, right" moment. 
    Michelle
  • elgat0elgat0 Clearwater
    I envy you @Michelle in that you're seeing some great stuff for the first time, but the wave of Breaking Bad is still cresting. Please keep us updated as you pass through this experience.
    MichelleTaraC73
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    Michelle said:

So, I got midway through season 3 before bed last night, and now I know... He is the OG head of the cartel. lol

@Michelle my husband and I did the same thing a couple months ago. Neither of us had seen BrBa and were able to remain spoiler free. We binged the entire series in like two weeks, we were addicted
    MichelleTaraC73
    @OliviaD that's pretty much what I'm doing. I went through 2 1/2 seasons during this past week. It *is* addicting! I have to know how things end up for Walt & Jesse.
    OliviaD
  • Mark Margolis is most stuck in my head as Ace Venturas' land lord...

"VENTURA."
    "Yes, Satan?"
    DummyDaveyMac
    Michelle said:

@OliviaD that's pretty much what I'm doing. I went through 2 1/2 seasons during this past week. It *is* addicting! I have to know how things end up for Walt & Jesse.

I don't know how anyone watched it week to week. There are some episodes I HAD to see the next one right away, sleep be damned lol.
    Michelle
  • OliviaD said:

Michelle said:

I don't know how anyone watched it week to week. There are some episodes I HAD to see the next one right away, sleep be damned lol.
    I started watching BrBd on Netflix right as season 4 was ending its on-air run, so of course I blew through the first 3 seasons and immediately pirated season 4... "Season 5" was extra painful, with the "bonus" year of waiting.
    OliviaD said:

Michelle said:

It was rough going. Every time the "Created by Vince Gilligan" card came up, it had me cursing that it was 7 more days until I got my next fix in.
    Michelle
    @Garthgou81 i can only imagine. I found myself fighting sleep and reason just so I could watch one more. I had heard several people refer to Ozymandias as being one of the best episodes ever, so when I saw that was next during my watch I purposefully waited until the weekend so I could watch it and the following episode without interruption.
    Michelle
  • It was painful week to week and year to year between each season, but I actually really enjoyed watching it that way. I loved going up to work on the next day ready to discuss the crazy shit that went down and speculate with co-workers and friends on what was coming. It was like a savory treat to look forward to every Sunday.
    edited May 2016
    @DaveyMac ; Same here, I am a bit of a pleasure delayer, so I also really liked being forced to wait. It makes you really scrutinize all the scenes and motivations (even if just in your own-head without rewatching). Its appointment television that not many shows have since the onset of binge-tv--except Game of Thrones perhaps.
  • This is the best promo I've ever seen for a tv series.

I remember listening to this and barely being able to contain my excitement for the next episode. I probably did a fist pump. 

My favorite series ever. :)

z74al

I remember listening to this and barely being able to contain my excitement for the next episode. I probably did a fist pump. 

And the way episode 508 left us hanging, made this promo even more effective.

It so fucking is. Breaking Bad was the show that made me like TV again.