Fargo S3 casting

Ewan McGregor! And he's playing not one but two characters who are brothers!

Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. A handsome, self-made, real estate mogul and family man, Emmit sees himself as an American success story. His slightly younger brother, Ray Stussy, on the other hand is more of a cautionary tale. Balding, pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, Ray has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt, and he blames his brother, Emmit, for his misfortunes.

I'm pumped.

TaraC73UnderwoodkojiattwoodMelonuskNikkiPNathanTravis

Comments

• DrKenDrKen Chicago
    I'm in.  I loved both seasons.
    ElisaNathan
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    wait a second.... he's playing 2 characters?
    ElisaNathan
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I dvr'd season 2 to watch over the summer when nothing else is on! This is exciting!
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    OMG great news.  I am so here for this.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I'm nervous. I love Ewan McGregor but he is TERRIBLE with accents that aren't your standard Brit ones.
    DaveyMacElisaCecily
  • What excellent news.  One of my favourite actors to one of my favourite shows
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Dee said:

I'm nervous. I love Ewan McGregor but he is TERRIBLE with accents that aren't your standard Brit ones.

Maybe he'll be British!
    DeeNathan
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Yes! Great actor, can not wait. I was pretty surprised by the casting announcement, I thought 2017 was so far away but I guess they would be getting cast and a lot of that pre production stuff started soon depending on how early in 2017 this airs.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Fargo isn't returning until 2017? Bummer. This slipped my radar for some reason.
  • MrX said:

Ewan McGregor! And he's playing not one but two characters who are brothers!

Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. A handsome, self-made, real estate mogul and family man, Emmit sees himself as an American success story. His slightly younger brother, Ray Stussy, on the other hand is more of a cautionary tale. Balding, pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, Ray has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt, and he blames his brother, Emmit, for his misfortunes.

I'm pumped.

Love it, it's easy to forget that Ewan Mcgregor has got some acting chops

Elisa
  • PSPS Montreal, Canada
    I thought the guys were way too harsh on Season 2. Personally I thought it was one of the top 3 shows of the year. Can't wait. 
    MelonuskElisaGeorge
  • The way season 2 ended kind of put a damper on my excitement for season 3, but I'm still pretty hyped for this. Also, no Lou?

"None of the main characters from our first year will be back for our third year," Hawley told THR in December.

Maybe Lou isn't considered a main character. 
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    I personally liked season 1 more then season 2. Season 2 was still good but it lost me at times. I was still in on season 3 but now I'm really excited. Can't wait to see what McGregor can do.
    Elisa
  • ClaretoClareto New Zealand
    edited May 2016
    I thought there were too many main characters in season two, so hopefully they tone it down a bit this season. Oh, and no UFOs please.
    mwspiakTyler_Durden
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I think it's really exciting.  I love Ewan even in projects that aren't very interesting otherwise. It will be neat to see his take on a Fargo accent, although that's not exactly required.  Many memorable characters haven't had the accent, like Mike Milligan last year.  I think season 2 wasn't as good as season one, but don't kid yourself, it was still superior television. 
    Tyler_DurdenElisa
  • BigSmellBigSmell Raleigh, NC
    Anyone know the location/event this season will be focused around? Probably safe to assume they're not pulling a Leftovers and going to Australia.
  • Wahl-eWahl-e Seattle
    BigSmell said:

Anyone know the location/event this season will be focused around? Probably safe to assume they're not pulling a Leftovers and going to Australia.

I heard that the story will take place closer to present day (after the events of the first season). 
    BigSmell
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Dummy said:

The way season 2 ended kind of put a damper on my excitement for season 3, but I'm still pretty hyped for this. Also, no Lou?

"None of the main characters from our first year will be back for our third year," Hawley told THR in December.

Maybe Lou isn't considered a main character. 
    They HAVE to find a way to bring back Bokeem Woodbine, man.

I agree that last season was one of my favorite three shows on TV last year. I think some of the twists turned people off. I can understand why. A lot of those shifts in tone were pretty jarring.
    Elisa
  • joschmanjoschman Fargo, ND
    Wahl-e said:

BigSmell said:

I heard that the story will take place closer to present day (after the events of the first season). 
    http://www.inforum.com/variety/4048429-fargo-season-three-headed-st-cloud

UnderwoodBigSmell
  • More excellent Fargo casting news; Carrie Coon! As the female lead, a police chief.

http://tvline.com/2016/07/11/fargo-season-3-carrie-coon-cast-fx/
    ReniDummyNathanMelonuskhisdudeness915DrKenTravisElisaEMAW42tom_gand 2 others.
  • NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    I feel like Carrie Coon should just be in everything from now on.
    hisdudeness915TravisElisatom_gmwspiakTyler_Durden
  • Nathan said:

I feel like Carrie Coon should just be in everything from now on.

And I'll watch every one of them
    TravisElisatom_gMelonusk
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    I like her and thought she was great in Gone Girl but not a fan of Nora in The Leftovers. But her in Fargo sounds like a nice fit. Man I wish this were coming out in Fall. Oh well.
  • @WonderedObject agreed. She was great in Gone Girl.
    WonderedObject
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    This is tremendous news!
    tom_gElisa
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    I haven't seen The Leftovers yet, but people rave about her in it. Like others have said, she was very good in gone girl, so I'm excited. Casting is always top notch on this show.
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    edited September 2016
    Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined McGregor and Coon, the cast for Fargo 3 is pretty stacked.

http://deadline.com/2016/09/mary-elizabeth-winstead-star-fargo-season-3-fx-1201821323/
    ElisaMelonusk
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    I'm waiting to see if any characters from the first two seasons are returning, Hawley said one character was in earlier interviews.