Peaky Blinders = Best show of 2014

puffpuff Los Angeles
I didn't check before posting to see if others were recommending the guys cover this show.
I'm half way through and I think it's amazing. Definitely worth podcast coverage!

Comments

• broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    Doubt it's better than True Detective Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones. But I've been meaning to check Peaky Blinders out
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    NEVER heard of it before, but great cast, I'm going to start it this weekend with the wife. As per Lunch with Jim & A. Ron, A. Ron has started it too.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I saw the first two episodes, and the pilot was THIS close to blowing me away, but I thought it was kind of a cop out the way he didn't actually execute his shell shocked friend. Quality show, but I'm hoping they do something VERY interesting with that decision.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    @A.Ron.Hubbard I felt the EXACT same way. Saw the pilot Sunday night and I saw all the "twists" coming from a mile away. I love the comparison you made to the twist at the end of pilot of The Shield. THAT is a way to make sure someone keeps watching!
  • puffpuff Los Angeles
    I want to ammend my title to: Peaky Blinders, SEASON 1 = Best Show of 2014.
    Just finished season 2. That's all I'll say for now. When I have the time, I'll go into why I thought season 1 was so excellent and therefore why season 2 was ultimately a disappointment.
    I don't want to rag on season 2 before fully praising season 1.
    So for now, I highly recommend season one and more in-depth analysis to come.
  • puffpuff Los Angeles
    Also, thanks for the Nattercast plug (see above) Nice podcast coverage of season 1.
  • Totally agree @puff‌. S2 was a disappointment. The last 2 eps helped save it a bit. Very curious to see if they can fully right the ship on S3.
This discussion has been closed.