Watched Bloodline season 2? What did you think?

Thought I start an Unofficially, official forum for thoughts, reactions, theories, and possible predictions for a third season.

Look forward to hearing from you & Let the fun begin!

Comments

• I watched the first two episodes. I'm super intrigued, I looove this slow but steady burn of the story. The acting is amazing of course, really nuanced performances from everyone and you can really tell that everyone is just at the edge of losing their minds.
    I'm very impressed by the actor who plays Nolan, for one so young he's doing an incredible job and teenagers are not typically doing so. Also spot on casting with him, he's a spitting image of Danny, (Although I think there's still a possibility he's not Danny's).
  • 2 episodes in. John looks terrible. Kevin has gone off the rails. Meg and her daddy issues. Things are going to get super dark. I'm almost afraid to watch.
  • Just watched episode 3... my god, the performances are simply flooring me. It is so emotionally heavy, I need to take a breather for a while to chew through it. This show is impossible to binge.
    I know a lot of people disliked Kevin last season, he was a bit one note, but his portrayal of this breakdown is breathtaking to watch. The writers are giving him so much more to work with and realized the potential the actor had. I can't sing enough praises about the whole cast, there's no weak link in there. I don't know that I've seen acting this good (apart from The Leftovers) where every character was so on point and so captivating to watch.
  • I binged and watched the whole thing. Although @Reni is right it is a lot to take in. Since. None of you have finished I won't go into the details, but it will have you at the edge of your seats all the way to the end!
  • @trippy Why is Kevin a walking facepalm? He's doing the best he can under the circumstances, they all are. It's a fucked up family for us outsiders, but really I think they are all trying to do their best. The main problem is they are all lying to each other. Meg about her father sending money, John about the tape, Kevin about the drugs, etc. - they're all trying to fix their problems, but they are not in possession of all the facts. If John told Kevin about the tape and his dealing with Lowry, you can bet he wouldn't have tried to return the drugs. Tbh a little honesty and openness would help them all a lot. And you'd think that after covering up your brother's murder there's no point in keeping secrets anymore. Still, I can empathize a lot with every Rayburn, even the fucked up ones. It's fascinating to watch how differently they all deal with this situation. I don't know how any of them will make it out of this sane, though.
  • @Reni

I see your point and agree. I don't know what facepalm means, but I think @trippy's frustration is equally valid. For me, Kevin's spiral into chaos is his a hard battle for him and he is doing his best, but Its also annoying to watch, how much he screws up and creates more problems and Meg and John immediately forgive him. @reni, your right, about the lack of communication, puts everyone at blame.
    I do sympathize with each character, but to see the whole Rayburn family to distrust each other to the point that the blond mop head hair mom with her so obvious high school tactics actually work, is over the top. I expected more from the Rayburns. They could have dealt with the whole situation a lot better than they did. Not just with the money scrubbing mom, but with Danny's child. Whatever Danny was a real problem for the family, and this kid shows up, being a bit cautious is smart. But dread and suspicion, just because he is being a bit of a punk and looks like his dad and they can't get over it just a little bit to realize he is just a kid, and he is family. Spassik, a little yes, but not much. I have no sympathy or understanding for that kind of behavior.
  • Also,

What does facepalm mean?
  • edited May 2016
    @treerocks Yes, I understand his point as well, I just don't personally agree with it. But there are so many ways to view this, based on your own family experiences.
    I am caught up to episode 7 now, and I'm overwhelmed. I thought it was ironic that Kevin, who is an addict and most out of control nailed his police interview while Meg, the most "together" one messed it up by way overreacting. When Diana found out about the murder and asked John who elso knows and he said nobody, that was a real hard hit for me. I mean, man... why lie to her even then?

A facepalm is when you bury your face in your palm, or slap your own forehead, because you think someone is being really stupid. You can do it with one or two hands. The advanced version is called *headdesk* I think you can figure that one out :)

[Deleted User]
  • Okay I've finished it... wow. That's all I can say right now. I need to chew on it a bit but will post some thoughts a bit later probably.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew of a great podcast for the show. I'd love the BM treatment but that's not happening and not much discussion on the forum either... and I need to deep-dive. So, any recommendations?
  • I haven't endured season 2 yet.

I liked these two Southern dudes for season 1 if they do a season 2:

The Bloodline Podcast :: Dedicated to the Netflix Original Series Bloodline by Blake Thompson
    https://itun.es/us/Lciu6.c
  • edited June 2016
    This is going to be spoilery territory, my thoughts on the season...

Let me start with Marco. I always liked him and thought he was a good cop, but by the end of S2 I kinda disliked him. I get that because of his personal involvement with Meg, and uncovering all the lies he was fed up with the Rayburns, but dude - you're a cop. You gotta keep it professional. He was so damn condescending and so full of himself I couldn't stand it. I think with Aguirre backing him and the IA investigation being over he was too confident and he was in way over his head. I mean, the info O'Bannon was going to give him was all circumstantial evidence, and that from a sketchy criminal as well. Kevin would have been a much more reliable witness and would have been able to provide lots of details. I'd think that if you're trying to put away someone who's running for sheriff, you take everything you can possibly get your hands on. And someone who has first hand info on that crime and COMES TO YOU TO CONFESS is the ultimate winning card, no? I don't want to say he deserved to die, but he was being such a condescending asshole he deserved at least a punch in the face.

Kevin, oh man. I'll admit I have a soft spot for Kevin - he's not a particularly likeable character but I think he's a very realistic one, he's the youngest and I know lots of large families, the youngest kid is usually the one with temperament issues. And the bicycle story, I'm totally with Belle on that one, just because your kid teaches himself to ride a bike doesn't mean that they don't need help or support with anything in their whole life, fuck Sally for thinking that way. I had such high hopes for Kevin when he sobered up, it really gave me joy to see him get better, but he was oh so desperate by the end. There's no way he's not going to prison, right? :(

I thought Nolan was a great addition to the show, I've said it before but he's super talented. Props to the writers also who made him such a complex character instead of the standard "annoying teenager" that every other show does.

I can't wait for next season, I know it's not renewed yet but it's not like Netflix to leave things in a place like this. I've heard that Florida made it now pretty much impossible to film there, but they could move locations and recreate the setting or just move the family away. John's on the run by the looks of it and I can't imagine the inn won't go under as a business if all this comes to light. Really curious about Roy Gilbert's motive, how he got the tape and what's he gonna do with it, why he had Luis pick up Ozzy etc. lots of things I can't even begin to speculate about, I think we're not supposed to know.

I think I'll rewatch the whole thing soon, it'll be interesting to see S1 again now with all the new info about Danny's past fresh in my mind. Oh and also, fuck Danny for breaking Nolan's heart like that about the restaurant and the chef thing. I think he was being genuine, he wanted to turn his life around and teach his kid, so I don't know what made him say that he lied about it.

@trippy I think if John doesn't run for sheriff that doesn't solve anything, because there's Ozzy and Eric, they have their own agenda of course, but they know too much and it would've come out sooner or later. Also I don't know if Sally would've been ok with the case being solved but not really solved, she might've asked Lenny Potts to dig further.
    trippyelgat0
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I need to go and dig up an older thread, but just wanted to pop my head in here and say I caught the first episode of Season 1, and damn if that isn't some gripping television. Shows don't typically catch me immediately, they take a while to simmer. But this one had me from the get.

The camera movements are a bit too shaky-cam for me at times, but then there are moments where characters are out on the ocean and the camera bobs along with the boat and you completely get what they are going for there.

Great stuff all around, I can't wait to catch up. Like I said, I won't pollute your Season 2 thread, so have fun discussing that, but I wanted to chirp in that I have loved what I've seen and unless things take a massive drop, I am in for the long haul.
    Reni
  • @Garthgou81 You won't regret it! Watching the two seasons back to back is also a good choice I think, I did not rewatch S1 before this one and I kind of regret it, but I will do so soon because S2 sheds a lot of light on S1 things.

It caught me right at the beginning too and now it's one of my favorite shows ever, I think you're gonna love it.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Reni said:

@Garthgou81 You won't regret it! Watching the two seasons back to back is also a good choice I think, I did not rewatch S1 before this one and I kind of regret it, but I will do so soon because S2 sheds a lot of light on S1 things.

It caught me right at the beginning too and now it's one of my favorite shows ever, I think you're gonna love it.

Thats great to hear! It does this really interesting balance where you feel like you at least get who the characters are but there is so much mystery you don't understand why you are able to do that. A super confident premiere episode like this used to be incredibly difficult to pull off, but it seems to be more and more common. Mr. Robot and Fargo both spring to mind as series that seem to know all of what they are about from the onset.
    Reni
  • DaveyMacDaveyMac Tokyo
    edited June 2016
    ***Heavy Spoilers ahead***

I avoided this thread until finishing the season, but I'm not seeing that I could have joined in along the way. At least in the early posts. Ah well. 

Unlike last season, this season took several episodes for me to really get into it. The first few episodes this season felt a bit too calculated to me and I really was not into the drug angle with Lowry. I just found those scenes with him and his bosses to be very run-of-the-mill and a bit boring. Once Lowry was gone, my investment level shot up. Not just because of him, but I just found things and characters getting more nuanced and interesting. I know the drug stuff's not dead, but I like that it took a backseat through much of the back half.

I loved the back half of the season and was super invested. Most of the performances were top-notch (still not sure how I felt about Eve; the performance, not the character) and I thought they did a good job of subverting my expectations. I loved how things played out with Eric O'Bannon and John Rayburn. I also was not expecting Kevin to bludgeon Marco to death and at first I was not so sure about that development. But upon further reflection it totally makes sense to me that Keven would do that in that moment. He's always been impulsive and has had trouble controlling himself and I can totally see him doing that in that instant of frustration. I can also see Marco reacting to Kevin the way he did, even if it was a stupid decision. They've spent enough time with him over the the series to make me believe that he would do that in that moment.

I also like that Eve and Nolan became a lot more nuanced as the season progressed. What do you guys think Nolan is going to do now? That last speech he gave to John's wife seemed very ominous.

This show is really interesting in that characters do really infuriating things and they also keep a lot of information from each other, but it all makes total sense to me given what we know about them as a family and their pasts and I can't help but feel for them. Even Kevin and Mama Rayburn. The stellar performances help as well.

I really hope we do get to see the rest of the story, but I also hope they keep it reigned in as well and don't go off the rails in search of raising the stakes and making things more dramatic than they already are.

What's the story on Florida making shooting really difficult now? It's hard to imagine them getting around not being able to shoot in the Keys in the future.
  • elgat0elgat0 Clearwater
    I just finished last night with a mini-binge of epsiodes 8-10.  Like @Reni , I'm feeling a strong need to rewatch Season 1 to try to put a few things into perspective.  In particular:
    •  I want to revisit John's motivation for killing Danny.  Exactly how much did Danny do and how much did he threaten compared to the fallout from the murder.
    • How in the loop were Meg & Kevin with John before and after Danny's murder, given their attitude with John that they had no responsibility for what happened.

Beisdes that, I will say that this was a tough season to watch.  Every episode the intensity level was to the max.  I kept waiting for John to have another heart attack. I felt close to one myself a few times.

Season 1 was criticized for being too slow and stretched out in parts.  In retrospect, I now appreciate that more that it gave me time to breathe and live a little with the characters and the setting without hyperventilating.  That may just be a me problem and not a show problem.

Finally, I know the showrunners want to leave themselves room to operate for Season 3, but damn that was a hell of an open ended finale.  My wife is still spitting mad because of it.

Reni
  • I started rewatching season 1 and made it up to episode 5. The first thing I really noticed that I didn't pay attention to before is that now it's clear Danny's heart was really in the restaurant. In several instances he comments on food (fish not fresh, slaw is soggy, eggs are not done right etc.) that at first glance just seem like filler or small talk, but knowing everything about his restaurant now, it's clear he has a passion for food.

Another thing that's really pissing me off is John's narration. He says shit like "if only Danny had listened, if he had left, this wouldn't have happened". This is victim blaming 101. Yeah it's totally Danny's fault that you MURDERED YOUR OWN BROTHER. I'm not saying Danny was a good guy, but with all his history, it's no wonder he turned out the way he did. What his family did to him, all throughout his life, is majorly fucked up. He didn't deserve any of that. His father was the biggest prick, but everyone else was bad as well. So fuck John. His narration, his point of view makes me sick to my stomach. How can you try and justify fratricide? And for no good reason?
    Since I haven't made it to the second half of the season yet, I don't really want to comment on whether or not Danny was really dangerous. But he did not deserve to die. I'm starting to feel like John is the real black sheep of the family, not Danny.
  • DaveyMacDaveyMac Tokyo
    edited June 2016
    The thing about John's narration, though, is that he's telling this story to a group of people that have something to do with the sheriff's race right? So I'm wondering if part of the narration is him crafting a story that he thinks they want to hear in order to sign off on him running for sheriff. Of course there's a ton of denial and victim-blaming in there in there as well, which is terrible, but I think he's burying how he really feels and that his story is also a way of coping with his guilt. Not trying to defend him or anything, but I feel like the narration has a few different levels. I totally agree though that Danny did not deserve to die. But I see John as more complex this his narration leads on. I think it would be interesting to compare his narration in season 1 to the speech he gives to the victims of abuse community in season 2. Even in that speech he's dodging responsibility but he starts to cop to the notion of the violence being inside of him. 

I really need to re-watch season 1 at some point. I'm fuzzy on the details.
  • edited June 2016
    @DaveyMac I meant the season 1 narration by John. You know, when we gradually see these glimpses of the aftermath of the murder, John carrying Danny's body, Meg freaking out etc. John is doing a voiceover during those scenes, saying he had a bad feeling when Danny came home, the whole "we're not bad people, but we did a bad thing" deal. That narration, I'm pretty sure, is meant to address the viewer. I never realized until my rewatch how much that skews the perspective. We see and hear all that from John, and he's an unreliable narrator if there ever was one.

I'd be so interested in a supercut of all the voiceover scenes, how it boils down if it's just one continous speech. There's a little bit in the beginning and end of each episode, and everything that happens inbetween muddles it. And yeah it'd be interesting to compare that to the victims group. I'll try to see if such a supercut, even maybe in written form exists. If it doesn't I might do it myself.
    elgat0DaveyMac
  • What a great show. Loved where this season ended with John being talked to by Danny and leaving.

Nolan was a great addition to this season. The kid they got to play him was great, looks enough like a young Ben Mendelsohn and was not just a dumb cliffhanger like I thought he would be and his addition to Danny's flashback plot line were pretty great.

I kind of agree that this was a filler-y season but j enjoyed watching and it was only ten episodes and ended on a note where I can't wait to see what's next and kind of want to revisit the first season to refresh my memory on some things and take in more of that Mendelsohn performance.

So good.
  • DaveyMacDaveyMac Tokyo
    edited June 2016
    @Reni Yeah I was thinking the season 1 narration by John as well, but I think you're right those narrations in the early episodes were probably directed at the viewer. Especially with lines like "We're not bad people, but we did a bad thing." I guess this is where my memory is faulty. For some reason I had thought that it was revealed at the end of the season that all of the narration was part of a story that he was telling to a group of people at a fancy restaurant as a way of convincing them that he was okay to run for sheriff. So if that's not the case and the early episodes narration stuff is not a part of him talking to the dinner party, at what point in the season does the narration shift? Isn't there an episode where the narration clearly contradicts earlier narrations and that would be when it shifts? Sorry, if this makes no sense. I really can't remember how it all goes down. I just remember the reveal. 

If you do end up finding a super-cut or piece something together yourself I would definitely like to see it. 

It's weird, though. I find myself being able to understand every character's motivation and actions even when they are saying/doing things that are incredibly stupid, selfish, vile, etc. and I think that's a testament to just how well-developed the characters are and also knowing what their past was like really helps.

Lastly, I also disagree that this was a filler-season. There were things about the season I didn't like, but I definitely didn't think it was filler. 
  • edited June 2016
    @DaveyMac Hmm, I don't remember the narration being directed at a group, but you could be right. I've only seen it once when it came out and rewatching it now for the first time. There's narration at the beginning and end of the first 3 episodes, then in eps 4-7 there are flashbacks about Lenny Potts interviewing the Rayburn children, when they covered up Danny's injury. In episode 8 John's narration starts back up. That's as far as I got.
    I didn't find a supercut, so I started doing it myself, but I'm only writing it down as I'm not sure about the legalities of uploading such a video anywhere. I'll post it here when I'm done with the whole season.

I'm totally with you on understanding every character, no matter how fucked up they are. I empathize with all of them quite deeply. I just can't point my finger at one and say, yeah, this is the bad guy in the story. It's way too complex for that.

@trippy I never thought Danny was a bad dude. On my initial watch, if anything, I felt sorry for him because of how his family treated him (probably because my relationship with my own family is not the best). Then by the end he started pulling some crazy shit and I realized he's not as innocent as I first thought him to be. Now on my rewatch, it really jumps at me that when he's acting like a scumbag with someone, it's when he's hurting the most. Maybe he's really trying to manipulate everyone, and trying to pull all the strings under the surface, but when someone says or does something hurtful to him, you can see the look in his eyes just changes and he says something vile. He probably doesn't want to show his real feelings. I don't think he's ever really honest and open with anyone - not with his family, not with Eric or Chelsea either.
    I didn't ever buy that he was a psychopath or sociopath just manipulating people. I mean, he's having constant nightmares about Sarah, sees visions of her during the day, his shoulder pain is also a constant reminder of what happened. And now that we know everything about the restaurant and Nolan in addition, fuck, he must be in so much pain, physical and emotional. It's heartbreaking.
    DaveyMac
  • @Reni Thanks for laying out the episode narrative style up through 8. So if my memory is correct about there being a dinner party reveal, then maybe the first few are John to the viewer. Those middle few are just establishing the past and what the kids were forced to do to cover things up. Then when John's narration comes back in, that could be the point where he's talking at the dinner party. I'll be curious to get your thoughts when you've finished re-watching the season. I also remember a bit where John is wondering if Danny's still out there somewhere and this narration struck me as odd, as I think that line was said over him doing something with Danny's body or something and then it all made sense when in the final episode with the dinner party reveal.
    Reni
  • @trippy That was almost exactly my analysis after the first season... BUT do you still think the same after having seen S2? I think a crude breakdown of the events goes like this:

Danny wants to open a restaurant, asks his dad for money, he makes him choose between that and Nolan. Danny chooses Nolan. He's forced to get in business with some bad guys in order to make his dream come true. But Danny goes to prison and the restaurant burns down.
    In the pilot, Danny tells Eric O'Bannon that he closed his restaurant because "the restaurant business is shit" (not true) and that he owes money to some bad dudes (true). Eric offers him dirty jobs, which Danny refuses several times before saying yes - and only then because he needs the money. But he's putting a lot of effort into working at the inn, making up new menus etc. I think he's genuine about all that.
    He needs the money to 1) pay back the bad dudes and 2) for Nolan. If you remember there are several scenes of him putting money in envelopes and mailing them, this could be for either of the purposes. Even though Robert paid money to Nolan, I think Eve took probably most of that, as we know Nolan was forced to sleep in shelters on multiple occasions.
    You only have very little information about all this in season 1. You don't know his motivations.
    Also, I hate entitled people, but you have to admit Danny is entitled to his share in the family business, and being a part of the family. Ok, his dad hates and blames him for the accident, that's a scumbag thing to do, but understandable on some level. But cutting him out of his will entirely? That's taking it several steps too far imo.
    There was this one scene where Robert offers money to Danny and tells him to leave and not come back, and Danny reacts by saying 'ok, but this money is not enough'. Originally I thought this was equally horrible from both sides, but now I think the only reason Danny wanted more money is because he needed to pay back the bad guys. After season 2, I see most of his scenes in a completely different light. I'm not saying he's a good guy; but he's definitely not bad, either.
    DaveyMactrippy
  • @trippy Yeah, there are no clear heroes or villains. I wonder, do we know the timeframe for this season? It picked up right where the first one left off, but how much time passed? Couldn't be more than a few weeks, right? If you take that into account, things blew up pretty quickly... it's no surprise though, considering their temperaments. It was always a bad idea trying to cover it up and keep quiet.
  • edited July 2016
    Okay, I know it's been a while so probably nobody remembers this, but I've finally finished rewatching S1 and compiled John's monologue. Here it is, long post alert:

"Sometimes you know something’s coming. You feel it in the air. In your gut. You don’t sleep at night. The voice in your head’s telling you that something is gonna go terribly wrong. And there’s nothing you can do to stop it. That’s how I felt when my brother came home.
    I always thought the greatest thing that happened to me was being born a Rayburn. Now I’m not so sure. I’m gonna tell you everything. It’s not very pleasant. But it’s the truth. What we did to our brother... we had to do. Please don’t judge us. We’re not bad people. But we did a bad thing.

My brother Kevin is the hothead of the family. Always letting his emotions get the better of him. Truth is, he’s a lot like my father. And I think Kevin’s proud of that. People used to say I was like my father. I’m not the same man now. Nothing’s the same now.
    Could this whole thing have been avoided? Probably. We all gave Danny plenty of chances to leave. He just never got the message.

My sister is a good person. She takes care of people. She wants everyone to be happy. But when our brother came home, that was impossible. There was no way for her to make everyone happy. And she was forced to choose a side. That was the worst mistake our sister could’ve made.
    Maybe it was Meg’s decision that started this whole thing. I tried to tell her, but she wouldn’t listen to me. Still, I can’t blame her for what she did. Whatever mistakes she made – her heart was in the right place. And in the end, she’s my sister. And I’d trust her with my life.

You never think these things will happen to you. Some terrible thing happens to the family down the street. And you think, „Thank God we’re not them. Thank God we’re not that family.” Then one day you wake up, and you are them. And you can never look at yourself the same way again.
    Danny turned us into that family you don’t want to be. He made a mistake. He made a big mistake. And now we’re all paying for it.

I’m almost at the end of the story now, and then I put my fate in your hands. As for my brother... people say he’s a monster. He did terrible things. But I feel sorry for him. He just got a rough deal. I wish I knew what happened to him. Where he went, how he’s doing. Maybe one day I’ll find out. But wherever he is, I hope he’s okay. And I hope he knows I love him.

Sometimes you know something’s coming. You feel it in the air. In your gut. You don’t sleep at night. The voice in your head’s telling you that something is gonna go terribly wrong. And there’s nothing you can do to stop it. That’s how I felt when my brother came home.
    „I always thought the greatest thing that happened to me was being born a Rayburn. Now I’m not so sure. I’m gonna tell you everything. It’s not very pleasant. But it’s the truth.” Sometimes you know something’s coming. That’s how I felt when my brother came home. And my brother Kevin is the hothead of the family. Truth is, he’s a lot like my father. Maybe it was Meg’s decision that started this whole thing. Still, i can’t blame her for what she did. Could this whole thing have been avoided? Probably. And I’m not the same man now. People say he’s a monster. He did terrible things. He made a big mistake. And now we’re all paying for it. I feel sorry for him. In a way it wasn’t just him I was trying to save. I was trying to save myself. „We’re not bad people. But we did a bad thing. [What do you mean by that?] We never treated my brother Danny like he was one of our own. So if he went astray, we all bear some of the blame.” I wish I knew what happened to him. But wherever he is, I hope he’s okay. And I hope he knows I love him

• The stuff I put in italics in the last paragraph is the stuff he says to the dinner party when they suggest he runs for sheriff.
    The monologue is pretty long, but I really like the parallel structure where the first episode and the finale stuff is practically identical - after having seen the whole season, it really puts things into perspective. Here are some of my thoughts...

1. John blames everyone but himself. Kevin is the hothead. Meg made a mistake. Danny wouldn't leave. Uhhh, yeah. And it was YOU who murdered your brother. How is that anyone else's fault but yours?
    2. I really have no clue what kind of mistake did Meg do that apparently started this whole thing. Was it that she didn't file the paperwork to cut Danny back into the business? I don't even know, even after rewatching the whole season. I don't think there was a clear catalyst point and if there was, it wasn't Meg's doing.
    3. "We all gave Danny plenty of chances to leave." It absolutely astonishes me that this is how he tries to justify what happened, by blaming Danny. Everyone treats him like shit his whole life, but somehow it's still his fault that he got murdered.
    4. Not tied directly to the monologue, but the absolute lack of respect for Danny from everyone in the family made me sick to my stomach. And not just when he came back, but after he died too. Hiding his body, then setting it on fire on the boat to make it look like the girls Lowry smuggled in and burned alive on the sea. Covering it up, not just for the police, but for their mom too. And then saying it was because Danny stole the drugs - which he didn't. Yeah, he was using the inn to trade drugs. But it was the siblings who moved those drugs and put Danny in a world of trouble with Lowry, which led to the motel murder, and which they used to cover up their own shit. Really, it makes me want to throw up.

I'm not saying Danny is innocent. He did awful things. However, I don't think he was dangerous. When he took out Janey on the boat and gave her the necklace, that was a message to John for sure. But I don't believe for a second that Janey was in any sort of danger whatsoever.

Amazing how good this show is. There are such depths of emotions and betrayals, it's difficult to handle sometimes. I can't wait for season 3.
  • Thanks for doing all the legwork here, @Reni I haven't had a chance to really look and think too deeply about the breakdown you've done, but I just wanted to say thanks for doing it and I'll be taking a closer look this weekend.
  • @DaveyMac No thanks needed, I was going to rewatch and examine it anyway, so I might as well share it! Let me know your thoughts when you get around to it :)