SPOILERS!!!??? 608 Onwards Faceless Men Plot

NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
edited June 2016 in Game of Thrones
...I'll just leave this here.

Okay Baldies, what do we think?
Melonusk

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I think HBO is going to start writing interview embargoes into the actors contracts
  • BallbegBallbeg Belfast UK
    edited June 2016
    Double post. Sorry
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Damn, caught slipping lol
  • BallbegBallbeg Belfast UK
    He doesnt actually say that Syrio was aFM, just that he was First Sword of Braavos. 
    Also, that show, Thronecast, which I watched on Monday night, never has anyone appearing in the current season as a guest. 
    Only characters who are already dead or who havent been seen for a while are guests.
    A few years ago they had Ramsey the bastard himself on, but he hadnt appeared for a season or two at that time  and certainly wasnt the major character he has been during the past 2 seasons. And last week the guest was Ian Beattie who was Ser Meryn Trant, and the guy who was Ned's Maester at Winterfell and Lisa Arryn have also appeared this year.
    So if Syrio is coming back as a FM or even Jaqen himself, it wont be this year.

And wasnt it weird to hear Syrio with a slightly camp London accent?
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    I had a hard time understanding. What did he confirm besides he was First Sword of Braavos? A sort of Braavosi kings guard.
  • NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    Released image for Episode 8
    MelonuskElisa
  • The Hound: "Meryn Trant? The greatest swordsman who ever lived, killed by Meryn fucking Trant? "
    Lord Ratcliff
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited June 2016
    Nathan said:

Released image for Episode 8

Is that real????

Edit: Wow, I figured it was real but didn't want to believe it. This just made my week!
    Elisa
  • IMO if we don't see a character's corpse they are not dead.
    edited June 2016
    Doesn't Jaqen use the 'not today' quote too?

I've been thinking this for a while. So much of her training with the Faceless Men was so similar to the way Syrio tried to teach Arya. They spent so much time in the books not letting us forget about Syrio. Arya always had his lessons playing in her mind when she was in a tight spot.

Sidenote: Spoiler warning in the title? Don't wanna ruin it for anyone.
    Elisa
  • Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Nathan
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    I have a feeling that's not Syrio minus his Jacquen mask, and that instead it's Jacquen plus a Syrio mask. Either way, I think the Waif is about to have a pretty bad day.

If it does actually turn out that Syrio = Jacquen it will be a pleasant revelation. Not entirely a surprise as I half-heartedly wondered about that possibility for a long time, but I think the book-reader portion of the internet will explode.

I suppose that begs a couple questions though.

Did Ned know exactly who he was bringing to King's Landing to train his daughter? Did he intend for her to become part of the order?

How did Syrio escape the guards and Meryn Trant? DID he escape, or did he just surrender and change his face once he was in the black cells?
    ElisaGeorge
    edited June 2016
    Heff said:

I have a feeling that's not Syrio minus his Jacquen mask, and that instead it's Jacquen plus a Syrio mask. Either way, I think the Waif is about to have a pretty bad day.

If it does actually turn out that Syrio = Jacquen it will be a pleasant revelation. Not entirely a surprise as I half-heartedly wondered about that possibility for a long time, but I think the book-reader portion of the internet will explode.

I suppose that begs a couple questions though.

Did Ned know exactly who he was bringing to King's Landing to train his daughter? Did he intend for her to become part of the order?

How did Syrio escape the guards and Meryn Trant? DID he escape, or did he just surrender and change his face once he was in the black cells?

And one answer brings up a new myriad of questions lol

Didn't even think about the first one. That could be a real game changer.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Trolled by HBO....bullshit.
    ElisaGeorge
  • NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    UHHHH WE WERE SO WRONG!

They had a Martin-esque reveal right there!

1) Actor accidentally reveals he may be related to plotline

2) Release promotional photo with Syrio silhoette

3) Reveal Syrio to the rescue!

Instead...disappointment 
  • I was *watching attentively* for that still shot in that scene and I still missed it.  But yeah, just another case where the simplest thing is the thing even if it makes no character or narrative perspective sense.  I'm learning.
    It was just some old man passing behind the Waif.

I was sure Syrio would be back. Sucks.
  • How would syreo fit into any of the plot lines already in play?
  • Fun to speculate, but don't get to invested or you'll risk getting seriously disappointed all over again on what maybe just a crap Ayra plot line.